Lightning Strike Burns Palm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lightning Strike Burns Palm

Post by writer4him on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:18 pm

I was outside a house keeping an eye on my kids (3 teens + 1 preteen) and writing in a notebook while my husband was inside. The sky overhead became darkened with fast-moving storm clouds and lightning flashed in the distance. Suddenly the clouds moved over the house and the lightning flashed closer; I called to the kids to head inside and turned to enter the house. As I reached for the door a flash of lightning hit the ground to my right and I felt a small zap in my left palm.

I opened my hand and saw that the spiral from the notebook had been burned black and left corresponding marks on my palm. I yelled for the kids to hurry but they sort of dawdled as though I hadn't said a word. I went to their dad, showed him the burn and told him that the kids weren't obeying me; he just looked at me and went back to watching tv. I went outside again and refused to budge until they came inside; he called them into the living room where he was and had them sit down. He then proceeded to tell them that their mom was just "tripping" and overreacting. They sort of snickered and sat there watching tv and ignoring me.

I remember being very hurt that he seemed so unconcerned about our kids' well-being (or mine), angry with my kids for being disobedient, and so very much alone.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lightning Strike Burns Palm

Post by GreatFulServant on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Do you feel like this is happening in real life to you?

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 am

Good question! I believe this dream is about doing your best for your children, but no one appreciates it..and when you speak up..whatever you say tends to get chalked up to you "tripping". Just some thoughts, I pray the Lord provides clarity for you soon.
God bless

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 am

The value of a mother who is committed to the Lord and who raises her kids and looks after them is price less. It tends to be over looked in today's rush rush and career motivated society.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 am

Amen!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

And I am a male too, so I am not talking from a women's perspective.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

Wonderful!! happy dance

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Grateful, as I consider your question I realize that I have been experiencing this. As we go through the difficult transitions affecting our family, I am being urged to place my children in public school-- although counselors have said it would not be in their best interests at this time. My reluctance has been labeled as lacking faith but that is not the case. They don't see the daily emotional/spiritual backlash of our family's separation and my estranged mate blames the "acting out" on the separation rather than the causes of the separation. So, yes, I feel very much like the odd woman out.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 pm

GreatFulServant wrote:The value of a mother who is committed to the Lord and who raises her kids and looks after them is price less. It tends to be over looked in today's rush rush and career motivated society.
Amen, amen, amen!!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for reminding me why I left the corporate world at His command 12 years ago...I'm sticking to my "spiritual" guns until He says otherwise. :glory:

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:20 pm

writer4him wrote:Thanks for reminding me why I left the corporate world at His command 12 years ago...I'm sticking to my "spiritual" guns until He says otherwise. :glory:

My wife was a stay at home mom and home schooled our children. I always looked at her as a fighter for the souls of our kid to keep them in the light of the Lord and from the forces of darkness. Now she does the same in the lives of our two grand children, with almost daily contact with them. Here is something of interest that I read from yahoo placing a monetary value on stay at home mothers. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised.

Enjoy and be blessed thumbs

http://www.scfamilylaw.com/2007/05/articles/financial-issues-/the-monetary-value-of-a-stayhome-mother/

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:34 pm

I noticed in their list of duties they never mention full time school teacher.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:56 pm

I homeschooled my son 12 years, but I continue to be paid back every time people tell me what an amazing, polite young man my son is. I'm sure your wife appreciates your support for when she was homeschooling and now as she influences the next generation.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top