Self-Conscious

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Self-Conscious

Post by Daisy on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 am

I had a dream I was with a group of people, and I felt really good (I cant remember who the people were, I just remember how I felt)! I felt pretty, confident, and well put together.

Then I was with a different group of people, and I looked down and seen that my shoes were a little banged up. Around this group of people I felt self-conscious. I felt like I was poor next to them, not good enough. My shoes were cute though.... lol!

Background: I wanted to add that both the friends in this dream DO have a lot of money irl and are in a totally different league than me financially. One of them is a VERY close friend of mine, whom I feel doesnt look down on me b/c I dont have as much as her (she came from nothing, and is SO not like that). But nonetheless has been blessed with much. The other friend def has issues with money, and alot of her conversations and time spend is about money and wanting more of it. This friend and I have been more distant lately, b/c I have been taking a step back from the relationship. I feel at times she can be legalistic and judgemental of others. There have also been things I have asked her to keep confidential that she let 'slip' out in conversations with others. This friend has been really pursuing my friendship, but I have been keeping her at a safe distance. This friend does have a sense of superiority about her for sure. The other friend kind of does too, just in a different way..not in a money way. I cant put it into words.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Self-Conscious

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

:bump: any thoughts???

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Daisy wrote:

Then I was with a different group of people, and I looked down and seen that my shoes were a little banged up. Around this group of people I felt self-conscious. I felt like I was poor next to them, not good enough. My shoes were cute though...

w.the 1st group of ppl..how were they? do u recall anything about them?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:25 pm

I cant even remember which people were in the 1st group, just can remember how I felt. I felt good enough being myself, if that makes sense.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm

im wondering if the Lord is just showing you the condition of your heart... as in, literally at times u r self conscious and sometimes w/certain ppl u r not, u can be yourself and u dont care about the differences..

sometimes the Lord does that w/me, to reveal to me how im feeling, like why im angry, why im sad for certain situations..

just my thoughts.....

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Good thoughts! Thank you so much! I am wondering if this could also be God showing me these people in the second group aren't healthy for me. I pretty much know the one girl isn't, b/c I have been backing away from her. I haven't felt that with the other girl though in my waking life. Please pray about that for me.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

I edited a little bit above

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Daisy wrote:Good thoughts! Thank you so much! I am wondering if this could also be God showing me these people in the second group aren't healthy for me. I pretty much know the one girl isn't, b/c I have been backing away from her. I haven't felt that with the other girl though in my waking life. Please pray about that for me.
if anyone makes u feel less-than, then i believe its not good..the Lord encourages us.. reminds me of that bible verse-

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is
just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if
there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think
about these things."..

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:42 pm

i had a frnd like that, i keep my distance.. it reminds me of that situation.. but after i realzied what I am worth in the Lords eyes, i stopped hanging out w/the girl.. more b/c i didnt care for the things that she did and i got bored of her superficiality.. altho at the begining i was self concious

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks so much for your responses...its nice to know Im not alone!! Flower Power

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 pm

oh no not at all my freind!!! Ive been through this ... i know exactly how u feel

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top