Controlling the Shark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Controlling the Shark

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Hello, All -

In this dream, I was in a large, above-ground pool with a man whom I do not know. The pool had something coming out of the center, like a pole or a pillar. I was on a surfboard that may or may not have had a sail on it. The man was usually in the water, but was always beside me - sometimes he was on the board with me, and sometimes he was just holding on to the edge of it.

There was a large, dark-colored shark in the pool - like the size of a great white. It was not a great white, however. It had very different features from that kind of shark.

Our objective was to move counter-clockwise around the outer edge of the pool in order to cause the shark to follow us in that direction. We moved with great speed, fast enough that the shark would not catch us. The shark did follow us, and all this movement caused the water in the pool to move in the same direction, like a small whirlpool. I was somewhat afraid because of the shark, but more so for the man with me since he was actually in the water with the shark while I was above it on the surfboard.

I would be happy to hear what your thoughts are on this dream.
Thank you,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Controlling the Shark

Post by Daisy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Mark~Im just curious...if you were in a pool...what was the driving force of the surfboard? Was there a motor of sorts?? Were you the driving force to move the board???

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Good question Daisy!!

Is there some type of strategy your exercising to try and aviod something that's menacing? or a scary situation? I thought maybe the man might represent the Lord, but then when you said you were worried about him, I thought maybe it was another person that was involved...

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:27 am

Hi, Daisy -

There was nothing that seemed to be moving the surfboard. I think it was the man that was with me.

Daph - I'd have to give it some thought, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything that I'm trying to avoid. A scary situation? Hmmm...Heh, my only real fear lately had been about the upcoming winter, and that's just because I'm not looking forward to bad weather. I wouldn't think that the dream is about that, though.

I had some doubts regarding a possible new job. The doubts being that I'd even be considered from the many, many applicants. But, a thought came to mind about the shark pursuing me...that it might be a good thing? I mean, that WAS the purpose behind us being in the pool...to cause it to come after us. I also originally thought that the man might be the Lord, but my feelings of worry also made me question that, like Daph said.

Still not sure, I guess...

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:58 am

I originally thought this man was the Lord too at first glance. Just a thought, but is there anything in your life that you are trying to get a grip on (or control over) that it seems like is making you go in circles???

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Ah, Daisy...you might have something there with "going in circles." I try not to dwell on it, but my life is pretty routine. As a result, every day feels the same, and I don't necessarily see growth and change in my life - even though I'm consistent in my spiritual disciplines.

A friend of mine shared a dream that she had of me about a month ago - basically, I was ice skating in circles. She asked me the same thing.

Thanks for that thought. I'll continue to pray on it. :)
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:57 pm

you\\'re welcome!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top