Friend cancells on running b/c she needs to fill up on gas??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friend cancells on running b/c she needs to fill up on gas??

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:33 am

IRL my friend and I run in the mornings. I had a dream she cancelled on me b/c she needed to fill up on gas at an ungodly time in the morning. She said, we can do a 2 mile walk/run later...instead of our normal 4 mile non-stop run. This dream felt real...when I woke I had to check to see if she really cancelled or not... lol!

o yeah, btw, she didn't cancel and we ran our full 4 miles this morning....any thoughts???

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Friend cancells on running b/c she needs to fill up on gas??

Post by Daisy on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:04 am

Anyone?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:43 am

Hi, Daisy -

Just my own thought, but I was wondering if you or someone you know is feeling like they could use a little rest? Maybe take things easier for a time - but not giving up, entirely. I know that running consistently requires discipline. It could represent an area of spiritual discipline, even. Paul compares our spiritual walk to running a race...

By the way, good for you for consistently exercising. My brother and I trained up for a half-marathon earlier this year, and I'd be happy if I never had to run again. Not my thing! :)

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Yes, I am in need of a little rest I think, I have been a bit run down lately. Thx for your thoughts...I think Im going to cancel on the girls for tomorrow... lol!

Good for you for doing a half marathon! Thats awesome!! How many miles is that...13? I am only up to 4 miles, thats a BIG deal for me...also, Im a slow poke...not a very fast runner... lol!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 am

Yah, it was 13...which was about 12.5 too many! Running's just not my thing, but I did it for my brother.

I've got two sisters who are preparing for a 50 mile race next year. 10 hours to complete it. Can you even imagine?!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 am

No Way Jose'!!!! A 45 min run is enough for me!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top