Need some help interpreting two dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need some help interpreting two dreams

Post by misschris2014 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I ran across this website looking in an attempt to figure out two dreams that I've recently had. It is so awesome to know that brothers and sisters in Christ are here! Anyway, I am wondering if anyone can help me with these dreams. I have been pondering for days.These are 2 dreams I had recently. One was two nights ago, the other was several nights ago.

Dream 1

I was walking with my friend Jessena, looking for my mom. We were on the sidewalk, but for some reason I left the sidewalk and started walking through a bush to get there. The bush had sand on top and I notice the sand was covered in fire ants. I was trying to figure out how to get out without being bitten when I noticed a snake. I asked my friend Jeremy to scare the snake away, and while I was asking, the snake began wrapping itself around my ankle. I woke before anything could bite me.

Dream 2

I was in a lunchroom, late to class. The class was in a middle school and I hadn't been all semester. I went to class and there was a mix of doctoral and what looked like middle school students. I thought to myself "This is going to be easy" I looked at the assignment and it was easy. A girl brought in her babies to class, it was fine with the teacher. She had to take a call so she handed her newborn to a woman who took it with ease, like a seasoned mother. Then she handed a slightly older (3-4 mos?) baby to me. I couldn't hold him comfortably, so I put him on the tile floor (knowing everyone would dislike it) so that I could put my right hand under his head and prepared to pick him up in a more comfortable way. I was confident that I could pick him up that way, even though it required putting the child on the floor for a bit. I woke up before I could pick up the baby. It was frustrating and difficult, I think maybe the baby was heavy, I'm not sure.

Thanks and blessings,

Christine

misschris2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need some help interpreting two dreams

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:01 am

Hello Christine, and welcome to the site!

There are many (myself included) who do not claim to be interpreters, but who would share their thoughts to help you understand your dreams. Ultimately, you're going to have to judge if what you're told sits well in your spirit or not. I just wanted to preface what I was going to say since you're new to the site.

So, my thoughts on the second dream, first: The theme of the first half seems to be Ease. Have you recently started something that you found was just as easy as you initially thought it would be? The 2nd half of this dream (where you're adjusting holding the baby) - have you had to temporarily put something down, with the intention of picking it up again, for the sake of being able to do it correctly/better/more comfortably when you get back into it again? If that is so, the part of the baby seeming heavy made me think of Matthew 11:30 - "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

For the first dream...so, you left the sidewalk but were trying to get back to it, correct? Does that mirror anything in life where you were on a clear (maybe safe?) path at one point, and now you're making your way through a rough spot to get back there? During this time, have you been praying about a fear or threat you discovered that you've asked the Lord to take care of (asking your friend to scare it away in the dream)? If that's the case, the dream leaves off where you are not bitten...but the threat wasn't resolved by the end of the dream. Stopping short of resolution could indicate a call for prayer until it is.

Once again, these are only my thoughts on your dreams. Others may have something different to say, and you absolutely should disregard anything that does not ring true with you.

Blessings, and welcome again.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misschris2014 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:09 am

Wow Mark, thank you for your help.

As for the second dream, it makes a little more sense now. The ease that I am experiencing is occurring with my education. It's a lot of work, but definitely not difficult, and I figured as much when I began the program. As for the baby, the only thing that I can think of that I have "put down" temporarily is ministry. My husband and I have always been very involved in ministry in our church, but since starting school, my time has been consumed with school work and I have not been active at all, though I plan to become active once I have time again.

As for the first dream, I'm still not sure what it could mean. I am going to think on it though, using the guidance that you gave me. I am very thankful for your help, especially since that second dream has been eating away at me for days! I think you are on target, for sure. I am open to any thoughts that anyone might have, I have dreams all the time but am only recently learning to connect the dots to figure out what God is saying to me.

Thank you again for your assistance!

Blessings to you!!

Christine

misschris2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misschris2014 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 am

Oh and I have one more question- now that I know what the symbols mean, what should I do with the information? I doubt that God was trying to tell me that I put the ministry down while in school... I knew that already! Is there a message that I should be looking for, or was God just showing me a reflection of what's happening in my life?

misschris2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Hello, Christine -

I would say that the answer is in how you thought and felt at the end of that dream: You will pick it (ministry) up again, and there will not be difficulty when you do - you'll have that confidence that you had in teh dream. I would take the dream as encouragment in that respect if you had any questions as to how things would go when you are getting ready to resume.

Out of curiosity, will your education affect your work in ministry, or is it unrelated? Just wondering...

Glad to help,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by misschris2014 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:16 pm

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I have been involved in youth ministry for several years. I am working on a Ph.D. so that I can teach at a collegiate level, because I really like working with teens and young adults. I know that I will have an open door to talk to that age group when I begin to teach, so I'm really excited about that. However, my degree will be in communications, not theology or religion, so it's not one that is directly related to the ministry in the capacity that I have been serving.

Another note... something else that could have been represented by the baby... an actual baby! I didn't think of this before, but my husband and I have been putting off trying for children until we are both finished with school... and I have wondered whether I would be able to be a successful mother, since I'm getting somewhat of a "late" start. That one just came to me- could be related, maybe not, but still... interesting :-)

Thanks again!!

misschris2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top