My 6th Grade Teacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My 6th Grade Teacher

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:47 am

I had this dream last night, though I did not remember it until I saw a woman in the grocery store today that brought this dream to remembrance.

The dream had no setting - I could not tell you if I was outside, inside, or wherever I may have been. I approached a woman who I recognized as my 6th grade teacher. I was so happy to see her, and I ran to her and hugged her. I actually felt childlike in the dream.

I was aware, though, that she had passed away in real life, and so I knew that this woman was actually her twin sister. She didn't say it, but somehow she told me that this was true (I know that doesn't make much sense). I walked along with her anyways, even though we knew the truth.

A few things: The dream didn't seem to be about maintaining a lie or anything like that. It was more like, I realized that she wasn't who she appeared to be, but that it wasn't a bad thing that she wasn't really her. In real life, I wasn't exactly close or overly fond of the teacher - though, she was a good teacher. In fact, there's another teacher from that same grade who has also passed away...so I wonder why this one was the symbol and not any other? And, as a personal note, her daughter and I dated very briefly my senior year of high school. Don't know that it makes a difference, but that detail does separate her from other teachers I've had?

Any thoughts?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My 6th Grade Teacher

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:28 pm

I've been thinking about this off and on today...

I know that I said that I didn't feel that the dream was about a lie, but now I wonder. Does it say that I really have embraced something that I know isn't what it appears to be? I don't know what that something is, if that's the case...or am I in denial about whatever it is, just like the dream? Hmmm...

I questioned my original certainty because I had posted another dream recently where I fell from a great height, and then defended my responsibility for the fall by pointing to weakpoints in the object from which I fell; however, in reality I did fall (spiritually), and it what happened was my own fault...though I was in a bit of denial about it after it happened. Point being: I had to eventually accept the truth even though my first reaction was to direct the blame elsewhere, and I wonder if this dream is also about denial?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

I pray God gives you the discernment you seek. The only thoughts that came to me on this was about wanting to be around somebody who reminds you of someone you once loved. For instance, lets just say someones parent passes away, and that there was a loving healthy relationship there between parent and child. Sometimes, other people remind us of ones we have once lost, and even though we know they could never replace the loved one...we still enjoy being around that person because they remind us of fond memories, or they remind us of someone we really miss. Does that make sense at all? Of course as always, these are just my first initial thoughts....

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks for taking a look at this, Daisy. I'm still up in the air as to what it means. In fact, I went to bed last night thinking of tossing it aside...and then I had two more dreams, one of which is similar to this one, which leaves me scratching my head.

The first one (which is probably not related), involved me waking up and looking out my bedroom window to see snow on the ground and my neighbor firing up the snowblower. I was surprised, and had some denial that this happened - I was thinking that it's too early, that the forecast didn't call for it, and...that I just wasn't ready. I suited up and went outside and began shovelling.

The 2nd one involved me in my parent's basement, preparing to bake some cookies. There was an oven all set to go, and I was looking at this glass bread-dish that I was going to use to bake them. I was struggling with just how much of the cookie mixture I was supposed to put in this dish, and then I read on the side of it to use 69% of the mixture. I don't think that I had actually mixed the ingredients, yet. The cookies were going to have chocolate chips and pecans, I believe. I had a concern, and went upstairs to my mom to ask her about it since she's the one with experience. Then, I saw on the counter this can of tuna fish, I think...and I knew that my mom had used this in her cookies! I asked her why she would hide this inside of her cookies that we had always enjoyed, and she said that she was able to do so because once they were baked, you never knew they were there, and it's not like it was bad for us. And, knowing the truth, I came to agree with this bit of deceit.

That's two dreams in two days where I've agreed with something that isn't true. I'm really thinking that there's something to it.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top