Star moves in sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star moves in sky

Post by david67 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:12 am

I had this happen when I was probably about five years old. It is one of the few memories I have of my early childhood. I have wondered about it my entire life, I know there is meaning to it but just don't know what.

I don't know if I should call it a dream or vision but it seemed real to me. I used to have a bedroom with a pretty big window and at night if the curtains were open I could look out and see the stars which is what I was doing this particular night. Anyway, as I began to focus on one particular star it actually moved from one point to another in the sky. It was not a random motion but a kind of half square path like it knew where it was going. I don't know if it stayed there because it scared me and I ran out of my bedroom crying and I don't remember much after that. I was wondering if anyone could give some insight on this because I sure would like to solve this mystery.

david67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Possible Meaning?

Post by Paul RT on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:59 am

Hi David

The passage that came to my mind was Genesis 22:16

"16 You were willing to offer the LORD your only son, and so he makes you this solemn promise, 17 "I will bless you and give you such a large family, that someday your descendants will be more numerous than the stars in the sky or the grains of sand along the beach. They will defeat their enemies and take over the cities where their enemies live. 18You have obeyed me, and so you and your descendants will be a blessing to all nations on earth."

Hope this helps

In Christ

Paul

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Star moves in sky

Post by butterfly on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:54 am

It is possible that you saw a natural phenomenon. I have looked on stars before at night and sometimes I can see them moving from one point to another. In the same breath it is possible that God may have been showing you something. In Luke 21 verse 25 the bible states:

[25] And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

My advice is to pray and ask God if it was just simply a natural phenomenon or if there is more meaning to it.

Also you can research about stars in astronomy books and also the internet to see if you can get a better understanding about what you saw.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi David

I was finishing reading "the Shack" by Wm Paul Young this morning, which is an amazing book about God speaking to man through unusual circumstances and methods, but also through his Creation.
This morning on p 209 it talked about comets and meteor showers, and last night it spoke about Jesus and the main character looking up at the stars in wonder.
You may want to pick up a copy
In Christ
Paul oldguy

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top