Tithing for Today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tithing for Today?

Post by v3ryan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:44 pm

I was wondering about a big controversal issue, and what you guys might think of it.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a tither, however I do wonder if it's right to enforce it on others.

I read this story about some Colombian Youths who had a revelation of God showing them Heaven and Hell, and in one part, there are apparently Christians in Hell today because they failed to tithe. At the same time, I'm uncertain about the accuracy of this testimony too, because in the part of their revelation of Heaven when they were talking about how the Catholics treat Mary as Holier than others and this is incorrect, it did mention, "...like all other people on Earth she had to win her salvation." This winning of the salvation seemed to strike me as really odd and makes me question the vision.

Anyways, what do you think of this?

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tithing for Today?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Salvation comes through faith in Christ alone, not by any works.

Those youths are believing a lie if they think that people are headed for Hell based upon whether or not they tithe.

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Oh, and as for whether or not we should tithe... These are my thoughts and not a rule for all to follow: Each should be led by God when it comes to giving, doing it based upon what they feel the freedom to give. I, personally, do not feel that a tenth (as many teach) is rule that needs to be forced on anyone.

2 Corinthians 9:7 says, "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

It's a heart matter, between the giver and God.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by v3ryan on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Ok, thanks. Also, I later discovered it wasn't the Colombian youths who said the thing about tithing, it was some other vision, but it was them who mentioned the thing about Mary winning her salvation, but they did also mention something about dancing being a sin. I don't know. I've been asking God His opinions on these visions, since I was brought up believing that dancing, unless it's dirty dancing, is ok.

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:51 pm

i wood put ur focus elsewer, dont get sidetracked by ppls vain imaginations,, read da 4 urself,, an let peace be ur umpire regarding wat u shood or shoodnt do, ,,,,,,,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:07 am

Tithing is an subject that has come up for me several times. If you do a search on here I had a long discussion with someone about it.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top