confirmation timing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

confirmation timing?

Post by daisychain on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 am

Ive asked the lord for confirmation on something i believe is going to come to pass, however when i ask for confirmation its sometimes a few days late not on the day I've asked it to be on, is this still from the lord? why is he late giving me the confirmation? scratching chin

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: confirmation timing?

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi daisychain...Im not a moderator or an interpreter, so please know these are just my thoughts and opinions. Just toss them if this doesn't sit well for you. I personally believe that even if the confirmation doesn't come at the exact time you requested that its very very possible that it is still a confirmation. I never set a specific time when I ask for a confirmation of something. Sometimes I will pray that God will confirm something MORE than once, if I am unsure. God's timing, is not our timing...thats the thing that comes to mind when I think about this question that you ask.

2 pet 3:8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I would love to hear though what a moderator thinks on this subject too...just to see if I'm off in my opinion.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:02 am

thanks daisy for your reply it as given me hope.It would be nice to hear what other people on here have to say on the subject and if anyone else has experienced the same thing? :donut:

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 am

you\\'re welcome!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:34 am

Hello, Daisychain and Daisy -

I don't have understanding as to WHY it happens with the timing that it does, but I wanted to share something that's always interested me that relates to what seems like delay to our prayers:

In Daniel 10, Daniel prayed and fasted for three weeks. After that period, an angel appeared to him, and part of their conversation gave a glimpse of what happens in the spiritual realm.

Verse 12 says, "...Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them."

Verse 13 says, "But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia."

Why did God allow delay, since He knew that it would happen? It doesn't say. But it does show us that there's more going on than what we are aware.

I know, it's not an explaination. It's always been interesting to me, though, and I thought it may help you, too.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:46 am

Thanks whiteshadow, I really thought that if god didn't give confirmation when i asked him to then the thing i was asking about wasn't going to happen! but saying that even when he does give confirmation when i ask i just think its coincidence! laugh i really need to have more faith and understand that gods timing is best.

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:27 am

Daisychain,

I just happen to agree with the other posters here. I wanted to add something here. Many times my confirmations come after. But when they come they come solid. Let me give you an example.

I was unemployed for a few months and out of the clear blue sky my old job called me and said they were looking for someone. I said awesome, let me pray about it and I will let you know.

I prayed for about a week I think and fasted and waited. Nothing, not a word. I thought, Lord I have to give these people an answer. So I went ahead and said yes. I started the job and I started getting these little confirmations. It was a christian company, my pay was just a little under what I was making before, I was able to talk about my relationship with Jesus openly with the other people there, I was able to take time off for my ministry if I needed it. To me that was a resounding Yes from Lord. I was amazed how the Lord kept showing me I was in the right place. I am still working there and that was 4 years ago. When it is right for you and the Lord the confirmation comes. Sometimes he wants to see if we are willing to go in faith. Remember he said; Faith without works is dead. Sometimes we have to go believing it is his open door. When I got the call about the job they had no idea I wasn't working...they were hoping. I found that out after I started the job. That was totally a God move.

I pray this is of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Daisy, I thought you were right on. Awesome!

Last edited by Dove-Solutions on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out part of a sentence)

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm loving your testimony, Connie!!!
Amen, Daisy and Whiteshadow!!!

Connie, I actually had an experience like that, different scenario. It was about fixing up my house. It was amazing when I wasn't sure if God really wanted me to be there, but He kept giving me Solid confirmations All Over the Place. When I was there, I went to visit my previous church home-group and some of them just had this look on their face that told me they didn't believe me. Don't let Anyone trample your pearls! Don't tell anyone at church, what you are having faith in God for, unless you know that they have faith to believe God Can and Will do it!
I haven't completely learned that lesson. I let someone trample my pearls at church last sunday, just because he is a deacon and I thought I could trust him. I left feeling disappointed and upset, but gave him a smile upon leaving.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:46 pm

hind'sfeet wrote:Don't let Anyone trample your pearls! Don't tell anyone at church, what you are having faith in God for, unless you know that they have faith to believe God Can and Will do it!

Thank you, Hind'sfeet, for what you shared. I used to limit that verse to sharing with non-believers, but I'm seeing that there are promises that I have to keep entirely to myself.

It's good to hear that from someone else.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:03 pm

You're welcome Mark :glory: :hallelujah:

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 pm

thewhiteshadow wrote:
hind'sfeet wrote:Don't let Anyone trample your pearls! Don't tell anyone at church, what you are having faith in God for, unless you know that they have faith to believe God Can and Will do it!

Thank you, Hind'sfeet, for what you shared. I used to limit that verse to sharing with non-believers, but I'm seeing that there are promises that I have to keep entirely to myself.

It's good to hear that from someone else.
-Mark

I LOVE this as well!!! :loveit:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:22 pm

:hooray: :hallelujah:

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:22 am

Totally agree with HF. The Lord has been showing me that as well.

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top