Series of Grotesque Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Series of Grotesque Dreams

Post by judgehopkins on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 am

Over the last six or so months I have had a series of very grotesque dreams.
The first two dreams were right around the time that I was looking for a job.
The first dream was a woman that was missing half of her face, as her skull had a saw taken to it but was able to talk. Then I didn't get the job. The second dream, about three months later, I saw a dream of a baby sitting on a mother's lap and the baby was missing it's skin but was playful, the baby was also able to put the skin back on. The third dream I had was of an individual that was flayed open with muscle exposed and chest opened and still breathing, around whom there was a group of people whom were torturing the body.

In the first dream, a thought was in my head, how can this person be speaking with half of her face. In the second dream I was speaking with the mother that was holding the baby and telling her that she needed to take the baby to the hospital, at which point she starts to talk to me.

Last night, the dream in which there was the body that had been flayed and tortured, the "things" that were standing over the body said something along the line of "stop we are done here," at which point the body was covered up.

If someone could give me some insight I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon

judgehopkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Series of Grotesque Dreams

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Jon,

Is there someone you know that is vulnerable or raw perhaps, and others are heaping abuse on them even though they are obviously down already??

we use these words sometimes when we don't mean them literally, you can be "torturing" a child when you tickle it for example... I'm not saying that is what this means, but symbols can be exaggerated sometimes, and reflect the way we feel about something, or the way God sees something that we think is pretty harmless.

Do you remember how you felt in the dreams? - eg: were you perhaps disconnected, horrified, afraid... the feelings you had can sometimes help you see what the dream is talking about because you can look at where you feel that way in real life.

I pray that you discern the meaning, and for strength to see what you need to see and deal with what you see. I pray that the dreams will in the end bring you comfort as you discern their meaning.

Bless you, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by judgehopkins on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 am

When the first two dreams occurred, I was looking for a job.
The day after the dreams, I was denied both jobs.

I am still looking for a job, I was in communication with two
different employers the night before the last dream.

Both jobs are waiting for paperwork to come through at the
moment. The one job I will love, and the other I will settle for.

The first two were jobs I would have loved.

judgehopkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Ah, I'm sorry that I missed how significant it is to be looking for a job... it is a long time since I was doing that.

You must be feeling worried by these dreams and the way they seem to coincide with your job search.

I notice that the last dream ends with the person being covered...
Covering is an important symbol in the Bible, esp. the Old Testament, it is a symbol of belonging and care... I think it is significant that the torturers stop and then the body is covered.

I am going to pray into that part...

Jesus, I believe that you speak to us in dreams, and these dreams seem particularly awful... is the covering at the end a symbol of hope? I pray that you will illuminate the meaning of this to Jon, I pray he will know if this was the ending of the torture of job seeking, or something else.

Thank you that if we seek you, we will find you... and thank you that in that seeking you provide all our needs. I pray you will provide what Jon needs.

Amen

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top