Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:32 am

In the dream I am catching up with this family I used to nanny for. I havent seen them in like 5 yrs or more irl. My old boss (the woman) was complaining that her ex-husband was flying some people in from out of town, but she was flicking out the money for it! She was even more upset when she found out she had to pay for them to have spending money while they were in town! I was thinking in the dream, now that her and her husband were divorced why would she have to pay for his visitors/guests, but I didnt say anything. I remember thinking and talking about credit cards, and debt! I remember saying how important it is to not have debt! Then, I was hugging the kids and hanging out. The youngest and I decided to go for a ride with their dad and the two guests. We were going to the golf course which he owned. I remember being confused in part of the dream of which golf course we were going to, and then I remembered he owned more than one! Then I understood where we were going. The little girl wanted to share something with me, but couldn't with the company and her dad around.

As I was waking up from the dream, I remember thinking, "I WANT MY HEART BACK! I DONT WANT TO HAVE A BITTER HEART, I WANT MY OLD HEART BACK!!!"


Last edited by Daisy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to highlight the last portion of my dream that I recieved a revelation from!!!)


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I understand what you were saying at the end of the dream. With that in context my thoughts are that before we have lots of problems that are serious we take our heart for granted and don't realize it could be a lot worse. Then when lots more people seriously hurt us than we were used to, it can make us bitter and disillusioned to humanity. Back to being innocent is what we want.

hind'sfeet
Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts : 2744
Points : 3280
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 39
Location : OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:45 pm

GREAT THOUGHTS HINDS!!! I am just SO GLAD to have met you on this site!!!! Thank you for your post! I ESPECIALLY love this part...
hind'sfeet wrote: Back to being innocent is what we want.


Thats that part of me that I want back!!! bandaid Just typing that last sentence brings tears to my eyes!
crying


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:21 am

huggins I'm So glad you are here too Daisy. You are a real Blessing huggins :hallelujah:

Daisy, when we get to Heaven God will give us back our innocent hearts :hearts: big hug 2
Until then all we can do is find healing in our Messiah and ask Him to help us and heal our brokenness.
I remember when I first got married, my husband and I had some roommates who were married. She was a little nuts and one night went after him with one of my kitchen knives. After all the drama had settled, her husband told me that they were going to divorce, I started crying. I was thinking about that and how God hates divorce. If I was crying about someone's pending divorce, how much more sensitive is God's heart?

hind'sfeet
Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts : 2744
Points : 3280
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 39
Location : OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Amen


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 pm

I just want to share a revelation that I had this week concerning this dream. Of course God doesn't want us to have bitterness in our hearts at all...but ALL things in life God can turn to our good. I have had some really controlling people in my life in my past. Sometimes I attract super pushy or controlling people, because I have a submissive personality. Because of this, I have been taken advantage of in many ways in the past. Dont get me wrong, its ok to be submissive, and that part of me will remain. What I have a hard time with is setting healthy boundaries with strong personalities. The day after I had this dream my husband had a HUGE warning for me concerning a new neighbor that had recently moved in. I didn't even see this coming. This neighbor has a puppy, of which my children love.She started popping over all the time (without regard to my schedule, or what I may have going on), and ANYTIME we were out in the front yard she would run out with her dog, comes over and wants to talk forever. I could sense that she is lonely. I didn't even see how forceful she was, until my husband brought it to my attention. She started bringing the dog to my front porch to see if the kids could play, if we would go to the park she would follow us, and even invited herself to come and watch my daughter at dance class. Granted, I have only known her a few weeks. I am a bit embarrassed that I didn't feel a check in my spirit sooner. I am SO thankful that my husband has KEEN discernment with people, and that he is watching out for me...because this friendship could have become very toxic very fast (if it was at all similar to my past controlling/forceful friendships). I never want to make people feel rejected, and try and be sensitive to other people. But sometimes my compassion can blind me, and I can be REALLY naive and not see warning signs. After my hubby brought this to my attention, I can now see those red flags. His warning to me was to set healthy boundaries starting now, before the foundation of this friendship/aquaintance has been set. Its much easier to set boundaries in the beginning of a relationship, rather than AFTER someone has been established in your life. So...I say all this to say...YES GOD DOESN'T WANT US TO HAVE A BITTER HEART FROM OUR PAST LIVES...BUT, HE ALSO DOESN'T WANT US TO REMAIN AS NAIVE AS LITTLE CHILDREN EITHER. ITS OK TO USE THOSE PAST EXPERIENCES TO ALLOW GOD TO WORK WISDOM INTO US....AND ITS OK IF YOU DON'T TRUST EVERYONE. I don't want to teach my children to trust EVERYONE in life, because then they will be taken advantage of time and time again...I believe God wants us to trust HIM, and to learn wisdom from our past hurtful experiences. I have never seen this more clearly than I do today! This brings SO MUCH freedom to me, as I have not understood certain things that have happened in my life. I used to always ask God, "Why did you allow these people into my life to hurt me so much?" So I change my mind right now, I actually DONT want my old heart back. I just want to have a pure heart, free of bitterness, yet having a heart full of wisdom at the same time! This revelation answers SO much for me....

I think of this scripture...

Matthew 10:16
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.


Last edited by Daisy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Sorry for the short novel, I hope this revelation ministers to someone on this site!!! I have waited a good 7 years for this revelation! I have asked God this question of 'Why did these things happen to me in life, why did these mean and cruel people come into my life?" for so long! :hooray: woo hoo :hooray:


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by ccov on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm happy you were able to interpret your dream and to really understand the lesson before you get hurt.

Daisy wrote:ALL things in life God can turn to our good.

I know that this wasn't entirely your point, Daisy, but that short statement really spoke to me. My friend, whom I haven't spoken with in a few months, told me something that I really needed to hear today and now you. Thank you so so much.

ccov
New Member
New Member

Posts : 31
Points : 38
Join date : 2011-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

So glad this ministered to you! :hooray:


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amen Sister!

Post by Mykah80 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 am

Daisy wrote:Sorry for the short novel, I hope this revelation ministers to someone on this site!!! I have waited a good 7 years for this revelation! I have asked God this question of 'Why did these things happen to me in life, why did these mean and cruel people come into my life?" for so long! :hooray: woo hoo :hooray:

Wow what you wrote really ministered to me! Im just like you (or how u were lol) Too trusting, too opne, hard time saying NO to people because I dont want to hurt them. Ive let people take advantage of my "kindness" and walk all over me time and time and time again. Recently I ejected someone out of my life and it was really hard to do though all the sings where obvious thats what I needed to do. It was hard because im not used to doing that until people have completley destroyed my soul kinda thing by draining me and just walking all over me. I said goodbye before it got to that stage because I clearly saw where it was going. And this in itself was a revelation to me because in the past I never saw it until I felt overwhelmed by people and relaised they were just being pushy and taking over my life.

So recently when I called it wuits on this person it took alot of strength to do it and I did feel a sense of relif as well by doing it. Usually I let people talk me around and I feel bad for them and want to help but they end up totally taking over using emotions as manipulation tools etc. Most of the time Im sure htey don't mean to manipulate or be pushy its just when they see someone who is kind and open its a reare thing nowdays and they jut take and take and take and of course we dont ask for anything in return because thats who we are but in the end we feel drained and lost.

Thank you so much for posting im going to keep yr post to remind myself of those times thats its ok to use the past experiences and remember the feelings from that to remind me of how things could end up if I let someone take over again. The pure heart thing yea its forgiveness forgiveing those people who have done that forgiving yourself for allowing to happen and moving on learning how to set boundries and to be assertive nad stand your ground whilst maintaing your dignity kindness and wonderful nature.

Thanks and God bless you :) :hooray:

Mykah80
New Member
New Member

Posts : 9
Points : 19
Join date : 2011-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Mykah80 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:40 am

And sorry for the typos lol. I really must check spelling before posting lol.

Mykah80
New Member
New Member

Posts : 9
Points : 19
Join date : 2011-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:12 am

Mykah80 wrote:And sorry for the typos lol. I really must check spelling before posting lol.
lol! You are funny! I am the same way with my typing and spelling.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:14 am

Mykah80 wrote:
Daisy wrote:Sorry for the short novel, I hope this revelation ministers to someone on this site!!! I have waited a good 7 years for this revelation! I have asked God this question of 'Why did these things happen to me in life, why did these mean and cruel people come into my life?" for so long! :hooray: woo hoo :hooray:

Wow what you wrote really ministered to me! Im just like you (or how u were lol) Too trusting, too opne, hard time saying NO to people because I dont want to hurt them. Ive let people take advantage of my "kindness" and walk all over me time and time and time again. Recently I ejected someone out of my life and it was really hard to do though all the sings where obvious thats what I needed to do. It was hard because im not used to doing that until people have completley destroyed my soul kinda thing by draining me and just walking all over me. I said goodbye before it got to that stage because I clearly saw where it was going. And this in itself was a revelation to me because in the past I never saw it until I felt overwhelmed by people and relaised they were just being pushy and taking over my life.

So recently when I called it wuits on this person it took alot of strength to do it and I did feel a sense of relif as well by doing it. Usually I let people talk me around and I feel bad for them and want to help but they end up totally taking over using emotions as manipulation tools etc. Most of the time Im sure htey don't mean to manipulate or be pushy its just when they see someone who is kind and open its a reare thing nowdays and they jut take and take and take and of course we dont ask for anything in return because thats who we are but in the end we feel drained and lost.

Thank you so much for posting im going to keep yr post to remind myself of those times thats its ok to use the past experiences and remember the feelings from that to remind me of how things could end up if I let someone take over again. The pure heart thing yea its forgiveness forgiveing those people who have done that forgiving yourself for allowing to happen and moving on learning how to set boundries and to be assertive nad stand your ground whilst maintaing your dignity kindness and wonderful nature.

Thanks and God bless you :) :hooray:
I am so glad that this posting could minister to someone!!! I have been waiting for SO LONG to see what it is I was suppose to gain out of some of my past experiences..... happy dance


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:40 am

I actually DONT want my old heart back. I just want to have a pure heart, free of bitterness, yet having a heart full of wisdom at the same time!
Great Point!!! AMEN, me too!!! It didn't even cross my mind to see it that way. I really glad you had that revelation happy dance
Father, give us a Pure Heart, free of all bitterness, but full of wisdom!!! In the name of Yahshua Messiah, Amen happy dance

hind'sfeet
Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts : 2744
Points : 3280
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 39
Location : OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 am

:glory: Amen


Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3995
Points : 5373
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bitter heart! Has anyone ever wondered why God allows certain things in life to happen???

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:44 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum