Possible manifestation: Broken cistern

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible manifestation: Broken cistern

Post by Paul RT on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:21 am

I dreamt that I had a huge gastric and vomiting attack, and I was in my old house in Sydney that I lived in up until 1992. There was a broken sink – all rusty and destroyed, and the old drain was blocked with clay and rubble. I tried to dig the rubble out with a stick.

I was then given the passage Ezekiel 29 (which talks about Egypt refusing to help Israel – being like a broken stick, and God’s judgment on Egypt and the return of the exiles from Babylonia)

Last edited by Paul RT on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : possible manifestation)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible manifestation: Broken cistern

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 am

Are you being called to restore a broken vessel (symbolically) which should have water flowing through it, but is clogged and broken. The Holy Spirit can be symbolized by water. A sink is a functional place for water to be used. But if the sink is broken and the drain clogged, then it cannot be filled with water and then drained. There can be no cleansing. Something's not functioning and flowing as it should.
Dig in the bible for the meaning of the vomiting episode. I recently came across in Jeremiah 48:26 where it says that wallowing in your vomiting is symbolic for becoming an object of ridicule. That is NOT what I get from your dream. You didn't wallow in it, did you? It seems to me that I have read in one of the OT Prophet books where vomiting meant something like spewing the word of God. Keep researching. I am sure that there are others on the sight more knowledgable than I - or with a better memory than I have.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks RnestseekR

I think the main themes of this dream are cleansing (purging) and restoration.

A number of my dreams this month also seem to connect to my old church in Sydney, including appearances of people from that church. I'll be talking to someone this week and ask if these are words of warning to people there.

Also, my current church sounds like it is being restored, and new people are joining every week.

Regardless, the scriptural passages given to me are all very reassuring and encouraging, speaking of God's blessing and grace.

Thanks for your comments and interest

Yours in Christ

Paul praiseGod

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:49 pm

sounds like your still drinking at your old church in someway,thats causing severe discomfort,look foward to wat god has 4 u,go frm the old in2 the new,you will be a blessing to the nu church, a time for leaving the past behind ,embracing the nu spring water that god has 4 u that will bring nu life, :clap: thumbs D frm nz :cute:

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks Dreamster

I've had a couple of encouragements to keep moving ahead, not keep looking over my shoulder, and to make wise choices about the path ahead.

In Christ

Paul bandaid

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:19 pm

good stufff :clap:

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:06 pm

I had this dream around about the time that a congregation member from my old church who is caught up in Humanism and the environmental movement wrote to the leadership and questioned my character. This was because I was prepared to raise issues which Christians should be concerned about in Australian politics - tending to worship creation instead of the Creator.
At that time, and over the past two years I felt that my old church leadership was being led astray, and failed to support me or have the character to stand up against Humanism. Even now the old leadership has agreed to take instruction the same person who is highly educated but operates in the Secular.
I now believe that Dreamster's interpretation (above) was valid, and that God was leading me out to a church who recognises error, and won't be drawn in by the Egyptian crocodile in Ezekiel Ch 29

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top