Greetings from South Africa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings from South Africa

Post by dumi on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dumi from Johannesburg. I spent quite a bit of time reading through this forum yesterday and was delighted by what I saw. I look forward to making new acquaintances in the Lord from this forum.

I generally have visions from the Lord when I am praying in tongues. It is rare that it happens at any other time. Thankfully, I get an immediate interpretation and sometimes it is delayed by a few minutes as I prayerfully ponder the vision. There are some that I never get to understand. I have made a habit of recording all the visions I get, so I have a some that I do not understand dating back to the beginning of this year. I will post some of them here.

I recommitted my life to the Lord at the beginning of the year and at the time, just about every vision I saw had demons getting up to mischief. Mostly they took human or animal form, but I knew in my spirit that they were demons. I was starting to get freaked out that I was seeing too many demons and that perhaps I was imagining things. Ultimately God made me realise that I had attracted a lot of unclean spirits in my years of wandering away from Him and that they were oppressing me in various ways. So, I basically set aside a time of fasting and prayer and cleaned house. Afterwards, I saw them much less frequently - to my relief. I still do see them and a whole of other things when I pray for others though. I am very wary of being too spiritual or elevating experience over the Word, so I am often taken aback at the amount of spiritual activity there is around us when the Lord pulls back the curtain to show me.

What is interesting about the visions is that I need to have faith in their reality. I mean that what I see in a vision is something that I can easily conjure up with my own mind, so I have to accept that it comes from the Lord because I normally do not have images popping into my mind out of the blue. Since I never have dreams of spiritual significance, I wonder if those who do dream also have to accept that they are from the Lord by faith.

Of late, I am starting to smell things in visions. I never knew that happened until I experienced it myself.

Anyway, that is the background of my vision "adventures". As I said, I have a few that I will post over time in order to seek clarity. I will also post others that I have had an interpretation of and what they foretold happened.

Apart from Facebook, this will be the only internet forum that I use. I look forward to the journey, the people I will meet and know, the discoveries to be made and perhaps the contribution I can make to encourage others in their walk with the Lord.

dumi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from South Africa

Post by Grey Butterfly on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:01 am

Hi Dumi,

Welcome! :o)

What an amazing testimony! I look forward to getting to know you on the forums... it is amazing what God can do and how he communicates with us, that it is truly real is something that I do believe now, I believe it because I have seen the things I dream and see in visions come to pass, accurately... there are times when that has scared me frankly. :o) I love the fact it has drawn me closer to him though, I love communicating with him.

Bless you, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dumi on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Diane,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. For a moment there, I thought that nobody was going to respond and was somewhat deflated. I was somewhat reluctant submit further posts.

I am glad that your prophetic revelations have increased your intimacy with God. I am so grateful that I have them because I have realised that not many people have been given these gifts. That makes me value what God has entrusted to me even more.

Although the revelations that are predictive are exotic and exciting, I find that those that relate to the present (which happen more often in my case) are more instructive. They reveal what happens in the spiritual world, what God's opinion of something is and even things that are happening in the natural which you would ordinarily not be aware of. For me, they help me greatly in praying in a specific and targeted fashion. Absolutely invaluable for spiritual warfare.

Because it has not been very long since I recommitted my life to God, I am a long way off from getting involved in ministering to others. The time will come though - I have been there before. When that happens, I know that the gifts will manifest more frequently and in a deeper way. Therein lies the danger of being conceited. That will bring a time during which others look to one for direction and revelation.

So, I really do look forward to connecting with my brothers and sisters here.

Success to you Diane,

Dumi

dumi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:50 am

Hi Dumi :o)

There are a lot of posts on the site, and to be honest, I only look in the "say hello" section sometimes. Perhaps God drew me there on this occasion.... It is awesome to have dreams about now... about how God feels about things, it is that which helps us get to know him! I've gotta say though, it it still the ones that have tangible manifestations that skyrocket my faith in him. You are right about conceit... it is so dangerous to begin to hear how good you are!!

Love to you... hope you enjoy the rest of the site :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:37 am

Hi Dumi~welcome to the site! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top