The Great Fall

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Great Fall

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:33 am

Hello, everyone -

I had this dream last night along with the one about three mice. In this dream, I'm at work. I'm on a man-lift that we use, and in real life it can lift someone 15-20 feet in the air. In the dream, it lifted me to the top of a rack in our warehouse area, which is probably 50 feet in the air. I'm standing on the lift while lifted to this height, and my brother is standing in the racking handing me materials for work. The lift has a metal plate on it (like a shelf) where I'm stacking up the materials. I'm aware of how unstable the lift is at this height, as it's swaying from side to side. I have a fear that it could tip over. Sure enough, the lift does tip over, and I'm falling to the ground. During the fall, I call out twice to Jesus before I hit the ground - I knew that my brother, who is an atheist, would ridicule me for this, but I didn't care.

I survived the fall, though I was injured, and found myself in some sort of recovery room. Some authority figure from work entered to tell me that I was responsible for the fall. I had to get up from my place of recovery and point out the areas of the lift that were not functioning correctly that contributed to its instablity, thus clearing me of responsibility for the accident.

I can't think of what this might be about, and though it ends good enough, I hope it isn't prophetic of anything...

Please share your thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Fall

Post by Daisy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 am

Do you actually go on the lifts at work? Are you in charge of the safety of the lifts?? It could be a literal dream, for you to catch a safety hazard that can be prevented. If you have this authority irl, it wouldn't hurt anything to double check these things just in case. My husband took a safety course for his work with fork lifts, and they taught him operating these powerful machines is like operating a loaded weapon! This class brought to his attention that sometimes when people operate these things on a daily basis, they get comfortable on them and sometimes cast aside some of the safety precautions due to time crunches. One of which is, if the machine is not acting right...its better to put the machine aside until repaired even if it prolongs getting the job done on time. The class had all these statistics of how many people are harmed on these machines with either lifelong disabilities or death!

Aside from work, another thing that I wanted to ask, is if there is anything that you feel you are being wrongly charged for right now? Is there anything going on in your life that maybe you feel you are being held responsible for that was NOT your fault? If so, maybe this is a confidence builder that God will come to your defense....

These are just my thoughts, please toss what doesn't fit....

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:13 am

Hi, Daisy -

I can't think of anything where I'm being wrongly accused at the moment, but that doesn't mean it won't come up. In real life, yes, I do operate a few machines like this. I'm a safe operator, but I'll be sure to take extra care in checking the lifts over in the days to come.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top