Could you be dreaming about your future mate? Edited and revised!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could you be dreaming about your future mate? Edited and revised!!

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 am

I am sure every one reading this article, desires God to hand pick their mate for them. Either you've come to the point where you're fed up with dating the wrong ones, and are ready for God to have His way, or you have faithfully held to the belief that God will one day bring the right one along.

I will be the first to admit, I am impatient. I tried it all my own way, failed, and then finally asked God to move. I have written my testimony of how God showed up in a mighty way and literally gave me the man of my dreams.. But before Mr. Boaz was brought into my life, I also had many dreams of other men that were prophetic. Did that mean they were the ones and I just wasn't paying attention? No.

I have received many emails from people who believe that because they are given a prophetic dream about a person they know, it must be God showing them they are their future mates. When things like this happen, we have one person believing this man or woman is destined to be their mate, while the other is no where close to feeling the same way. It's important to cover this topic, not because I enjoy bursting bubbles, but because I don't want anyone to miss out on what God is truly saying and is getting ready to do in your lives.

In the following paragraphs, I hope to convey the importance of seeking confirmation from God, not only through dreams, but in His word and through prayer. Following dreams alone can lead you into a place of confusion, and we all know who the author of confusion is.

Say you had a dream about your current heart throb. In the dream, he gets in a wreck. You are there interceding for him and he is fine in the end. The next day, the dream comes to pass. What does this mean? It means God gave you a prophetic dream about someone you happen to have feelings for. He was showing you this person you care about will be fine, and your intercession is important in this persons life. That's it. There is absolutely no direction in this dream indicating this is Gods chosen mate for you. Is God speaking? Yes! But be careful to not twist His words to what you want them to mean.

Now you are ready to find out if these dreams you are having are legit.
First and foremost, how is your relationship with God? Have you emptied your heart entirely of your own desires? This is a scripture that should be written on the tablet of your heart...

Mark 12:30 (NIV)
[30] Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

I have a saying underneath my avatar in the forum. It reads: A woman's heart should be so lost in God, that a man must seek Him first in order to find her.
I can't stress the truth of this statement enough. Anything but God can lead you astray..even dreams.

If you have ever found yourself not as close to God as you would like to be, but you still pay attention to your dreams, then you know what I mean. Your once, spirit filled, exciting, word of knowledge and warning dreams, now become very flesh orientated. You may be having prophetic dreams about what you will eat, or watch on TV tomorrow. Rather than a dream that will help others be delivered from something they are going through. Just because you dreamed of a lady with a nice bottom came into your office and gave you her phone number, and it comes to pass, does not mean she's the right one! Or even that you had a dream of going out on a date with someone and it happens. Yes, you had a dream you would have a romantic relationship with this person, but where is the direction from God? Believe it or not, people actually begin to follow what they think they're gift is showing them, rather than turning to God for direction.  Giving so much credit to your gift and trying to use it any other way than what God has planned for you, is divination.

If you would like to read an example of a believer with a prophetic gift from God that was used by his own strength, read about Balaam in Numbers chapter 22. He was punished later for practicing divination. It's sad that God finally got ahold of Balaam to do His work, but he went back to his own way of divination.
Joshua 13:21-22 (NIV)
[22] In addition to those slain in battle, the Israelites had put to the sword Balaam son of Beor, who practiced divination.

God alone has the interpretation to your dreams. The gift is from Him, and if you are seeking His divine will in your life, then He will give you the desires of your heart. Don't read too much into your dreams and allow confusion to take over! A true interpretation from The Lord will give you peace, not more questions.

If you have been blessed with the gift of prophetic dreams and interpretations, then it will be difficult to not get excited if you are dreaming about that man or woman you already know and love. After all, God could be giving you revelation into something you've always hoped for. If this is you, then you may want to speak to someone else who has dreamed of their Mr. Right when they already knew them. In my own experience, I had never met Mr. Boaz when my dreams of him began.

In most of my prophetic dreams, his face was a symbol. He was either an old boyfriend, male friend of mine, or his face was blurred. I did have one dream of his true face when I was a teenager. I remember he was wearing a black Nike cap in the dream. Later, after we'd met and were married, his favorite hat was a black Nike hat. The very same one from my dream. It was only this hat that brought back the memory of the dream from so many years before. I could still see his face in the dream, clear as crystal.

Before I met my dream man, I prayed for him! I had my own list of things I wanted in a man and I submitted it to the author of my faith, and waited for Him to deliver. When I felt I was having these prophetic dreams about Mr. Boaz, I asked for direction and confirmation. I prayed for dreams that were not only prophetic, but ones that would lead me to the right one! I also prayed for confirmation in His word. He provided scripture, He also sent a friend of mine to give me a Word of Knowledge that my mate was on his way. This confirmed what I had already felt in my heart.

God means what He says in this scripture:

Psalm 37:4-5 (NIV)
[4] Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Are you dreaming about a loved one and wish to know for certain what these dreams might mean? What has God said to you about this person while you aren't sleeping?
I used to have a crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas when I was a little girl. I had dreams all the time that I married him. I even dreamed I married Prince William! I believe that people can get so emotionally involved with with a specific person, that if they dream about them romantically, it means they are the one God wants for them. Be sure the dreams you are having aren't fantasies of the flesh before you believe they are Gods voice telling you your crush is your future mate!

Here is what the Bible says about this:

Psalm 73:20
As a dream when one awakes, so when you arise, O Lord, you will despise them as fantasies.

Isaiah 29:7-8

7 Then the hordes of all the nations that fight against Ariel,
that attack her and her fortress and besiege her,
will be as it is with a dream,
with a vision in the night-
8 as when a hungry man dreams that he is eating,
but he awakens, and his hunger remains;
as when a thirsty man dreams that he is drinking,
but he awakens faint, with his thirst unquenched.
So will it be with the hordes of all the nations
that fight against Mount Zion.

In this scripture, they were dreaming of something they really wanted...but couldn't have.

Ecclesiastes 5:7
Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God.

I have typed up my testimony, spoken to many through emails about what God blessed me with, and have written several articles on the subject. I never did any of this to 'toot my own horn' or show how awesome I am because God did this for me. I simply shared my story to provide confirmation to folks who feel they are in the same boat and offer encouragement. You aren't going crazy, God did this for me, He can do it for you too! I don't want anyone to miss out on something this amazing because they're afraid to believe God can speak to them in a dream. Everything I write, I write unto The Lord. He is the one that will teach you, you don't need me or anyone else to show you. Everything I've learned is from spending time with Him. When you spend time with Him, you will know His voice and will be able to recognize when He is providing direction for you In a dream about your future mate.

I hope my testimony and this article is helpful to you. I don't want to discourage anyone, My purpose is to point you in the right direction by seeking God first in all you do.
God bless you, and thank you for reading!

Last edited by daphanie02 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To make it way better!!)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER
daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could you be dreaming about your future mate? Edited and revised!!

Post by Cholette on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Very eye opening because I believe most people seem to dream symbolically one way or the other...when it comes to dreaming about their mates. I think it's almost easier to dream that way...more opportunity to trust God and not be so "tuned in" for EVERY literal thing. I say that because I swore up and down I was dreaming symbolically about my mate, but it turned out that it was literal...in most aspects. I thought that the dreams I had of situations that were going on in his life were symbolic, but they were literal. I broke the dream down like it was a project or something, but after all of that, God was speaking to me in such simple and plain terms.

I love how God used the "black boyfriend" to represent the fact that he had a black ex-wife. You gotta love how God does things.

Thanks for sharing this Laura...your love story ALWAYS warms my heart!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!
Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Awe, thanks Cholette!! BTW, I can't wait till you post you're testimony...we'll give it it's own spot here!!! LOL!!!! happy dance

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER
daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I was really hoping you would give your 2 cents because of what the Lord is showing you!!!! :-D

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Yes...and my experience is sooooooooooooo different than the two people I know that have had their dreams confirmed through the manifestation of the individual (you are one of them). Both individuals married within a short amount of time from their first dream (sigh). Me? 19 years and still waiting. It won't be long though and I will be HAPPY when I can share ALL of these dreams and things God has used the prophets to say to me. Some make sense, but most don't...but I guess it won't make sense until he shows up.

Lord help me remain patient until we are BOTH finished cooking in Your oven of LOVE!!! LOL!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!
Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:32 pm

laugh Oven of love!!!! laugh

You ARE keeping a dream "love" journal aren't you? hee hee

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:33 pm

That way when ya'll have been married for a while and he knows about your giftings and you can show him all of them laugh Oh boy that's fun!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Oh yes...I have a LOVE dream journal as well as love letters to him...which he will get on the honeymoon vacation. That ought to be interesting...I'm nervous just thinking about it. God told me to do that in prayer one night and I SCREAMED!! LOL! My first thought was, what do I say to a man I don't even know and who doesn't know me? Trust me, to do this, you HAVE to be led by the Spirit because...well, you know! LOL

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:36 am

LOL WOOOHOOOOO!!! happy dance I would have screamed too LOL!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brittanyivory7 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 pm

OhMyWow!!! I keep a love journal too! I just started it a week ago. I got the idea from a minister named Eric Ludy. I heard his testimony on Youtube about how he wrote letters to his future wife and gave them to her on their honeymoon. She was so overwhelmed by them and responded saying "you were faithful to me before you even knew me!" I was so inspired by their testimony but not inspired enough to start my own journal. Lol! A couple nights later, I just had this urge to talk to my future husband especially because I may know who he is. I felt the Holy Spirit really urging me to write all my personal thoughts to him down. It has really been a way of release for me. It gets pretty intense (good and bad!) sometimes, but this has definitely given me an AWESOME outlet!

I just wanted to know from a non-bias standpoint if i'm totally INSANE (hahahaha!)

Last edited by brittanyivory7 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
brittanyivory7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Brittnay

I will NEVER tell you that you are insane because we just don't know how God does things. We have to keep him OUT OF THE BOX. From what I know about the Lord, He doesn't do the same thing twice so the way he deals with you regarding your mate will be different than me or the next person.

I've had a moment when I met my future mate in person for the first time and it was one of those things that I understood right away. I shook his hand and something happened. Even he put his head down and tried to gather himself because I believe that the Holy Spirit was speaking to him at that moment. From that day onward, my dreams were elevated and it was driving me crazy because my dreams about him haven't been that accelerated since the beginning, when I first found out about him.

I've learned from Daphanie's writings on how she met her husband that some of these dreams I'm having and some of the things that happen in real life may not make sense until later on down the line. Some of the dreams I had in the very beginning were CRAZY to me...and didn't make sense, but 10-15 years later, I realized God was speaking to me about HIS LIFE and most of what he showed me was LITERAL...not SYMBOLIC!

Why am I telling you this? Because I don't want you to try to figure every little thing out because you WILL drive yourself crazy. God will reveal how things are linking together. You going to the concert is not in vain, but you won't know in what way God may be using it until God is ready to reveal it. Please take it from me...RELAX! God never allows anything to happen without giving you some form of clue what He's doing...and it will be in HIS TIMING!

PS...thanks for sharing with me about Eric Ludy. I read his wife's books, but never his. I didn't know he wrote her love letters before he met her. That makes me not feel so "weird" when I do write them...

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brittanyivory7 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Lol! Thanks so much for responding Cholette! I'll just sit still and wait. laugh I definitely go on these little fits trying to figure out these dreams and visions and coincidences and I just end up so frustrated. I'm learning to just back off and breathe and let God reveal them on His time. My patience is being sharpened tremendously! lol!
brittanyivory7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meg2011 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 pm

This is interesting. I too know who the guy is I am going to marry. We have been friends for several years now. To make long story shorter laugh he went through a rough divorce and quit going to church soon after. His ex-mother-in-law is the only person I believe is aware that I am the one he will be with. She goes to my church and I have known her 20+ years now.

Since Mid-Sept this year all of my dreams have taken a different turn. I am now being shown things about this guy. I had already been shown that he is going to come back to church. I found it interesting that in one of my dreams he asked me where in the bible it talked about damaged clothes. I asked him why? He said because of my divorce. My response to him was that he is not damaged and that divorce would do that to anyone. Obviously he is going through the healing process now. He's actually been divorced 7 years now, but still feels guilty. There have been many other dreams as well, but this one stuck in my head.

It is kind of neat to look back through the journal and see how both us have progressed.

meg2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top