"I'm through with ya'll."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"I'm through with ya'll."

Post by writer4him on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 am

Sometime during 2007/2008, I dreamed that our family had taken a vacation to California. We came back and my spouse parked on the street instead of in the driveway where we normally parked. The kids and I made several trips unloading the luggage, etc., which was made more difficult because we had to cross the lawn, while my spouse just sat in the driver's seat. I reasoned that my spouse was probably really tired so I didn't make an issue out of it.
We finished and went inside for quite some time when I became concerned because he was still sitting out there. I went out and asked if he was feeling okay and he said that he was. I asked if he was going to be coming in soon and he responded while staring straight ahead: "I'm through with ya'll." I laughed a bit and said "Very funny." He said he wasn't joking continued to just sit there. No explanation was offered. I became upset pointing out that we had just returned from a family trip, we'd had a great time and now out of the blue you're talking in a way that doesn't make sense. I woke up still fussing in my mind until I realized it was just a dream.

Manifestation
In 2010, my children and I had to leave our home under some very difficult circumstances. For the past year, we have had limited interactions with my spouse as I looked for change and have found none. During the summer of 2011, my sons traveled with him to California for a church conference. His demeanor towards me during visits and family activities had been cool before the trip; after the trip it was really frigid, even insulting, especially when I spoke to him about some acting out the children had begun to do. Although he initially claimed he wanted to reconcile, he has refused the counseling prerequisite that was a condition of reconciliation. Then at a church service which my sons (12 &13) attended with him (they don't know our story there), he basically slandered my character during a "testimony" while my sons looked on helplessly and angry but they refrained from shaming him by explaining the real reasons why we left. The Lord let me know that enough is enough and that continuing to have him come over and behave the way he has is hindering the healing process. My kids are always nervous when he's around. I informed him recently that we are not going to be reconciling (as in moving in together) until repentance happens. He was very detached emotionally though he quoted several scriptures at me. As he has done before when he's mad, he stopped calling for about a week, even on our youngest son's birthday which was several days later. My son had to text then call him...
GOD has shown me that although he "WANTS" a family, he doesn't want a FAMILY, i.e., keeping a job, providing, not taking joint resources and hiding them in his own accounts, being kind to his family instead of belittling them...so THE LORD took us back and is caring for us HIMSELF.

And there I was in 2010 thinking that it was the "enemy" that was trying to make me anxious about my marriage situation with that "I'm done with ya'll" dream. Separation can occur long before anyone moves out. I'm still learning....Pray for me.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "I'm through with ya'll."

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 am

Writer4him,

I will be happy to agree with you in prayer. The Lord will lead you in the path you should take. Continue to be obedient to His voice. He is ever faithful to take our pain and suffering and bear it for us. Turn it all over to him and don't forget to forgive all people involved, including yourself. My heart goes out to you and your kids as I am sure this is difficult for you. Praise God that he is the healer of all things and that he can heal our hearts, minds, body, and spirit and turn what was meant for evil and make it for good!! God is so good!

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 am

Amen!!!

I had been allowing him to come over for dinner and to watch DVDs; take the kids to the library, etc.. We even surprised him with a birthday cake and dinner several months ago. We wanted to know that we do love him; it's just clear that we are unable to truly fellowship with him until repentance takes place. The unkind behavior just continued to show up no matter what; during one set of movie previews he repeatedly rewound to a scene from the old "Airplane" movie where the hysterical female passenger was slapped repeatedly because he just thought it was SO funny.
So I recently let him know that he cannot come over anymore because it has been too painful for my children who bottle up everything while he's there then unleash on one another or me as soon as he leaves.
I appreciate the prayers as handling this in a Godly manner at times feels like walking in a minefield.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:30 am

Well, my interpretation may have been premature as far as the complete manisfestation. Our recent reconciliation attempt of one-year in duration ended last month with my kids and me being abandoned with meager resources and no place to live. We have had no contact with him and although the day after we got into a hotel, he got a room there as well, although he ignored us and has not contacted his children. Wow...that dream happened about 8 years ago! God is faithful.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum