Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelwings

My battle is the Lords

I went on a fast and I feel so refreshed. Honestly, I've always turned my head away from fasting...but a current book I'm reading about fasting has really opened my eyes and changed my feelings.

During my fast I was expecting some miraculous thing to happen....but instead I experienced an overwhelming peace. The whole time I was fasting I kept hearing "your battle is the Lords".
Just when I think I know how to hand over all my battles....something pops up that I think I can handle. I didn't realize I was a control freak!! Something I heard Beth Moore say once "Control freaks don't have fun" and that is so true.
And Satan sure does know how to take advantage of a control freak. I have been letting fear grip me by the neck and I've been trying to control certain situations....even though I was praying over things I still had an undertone of not having trust in the Lord. Our faith demands that we hand over ALL of our problems.
I thought I knew how to trust in the Lord in ALL things...but I was wrong. there are things I want SO BAD to happen RIGHT NOW....but the Lord is teaching me patience and how to rest in His promises.

Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed. Uphold me, and I will be delivered. ~Ps. 119:116-117}

I just want to thank Mia and the other members who encouraged me and prayed for me.

Amen!!!! woo hoo

I myself have been going through the same thing, but it`s so ture to

TRUST God at ALL times and let him fight your battles, just like HIS word

says!!!!! I found myself that instead of me trying to manpulate and

control the situation, I just ask God to give me Victory, from HIM, over

all the areas of my life and lining my thoughts with HIS!!!

Thank you for your post happy dance

Aemilk wrote:
Amen!!!! woo hoo

I myself have been going through the same thing, but it`s so ture to

TRUST God at ALL times and let him fight your battles, just like HIS word

says!!!!! I found myself that instead of me trying to manpulate and

control the situation, I just ask God to give me Victory, from HIM, over

all the areas of my life and lining my thoughts with HIS!!!

Thank you for your post happy dance

Your welcome :praiseg-d: happy dance

Angelwings wrote:
I went on a fast and I feel so refreshed. Honestly, I've always turned my head away from fasting...but a current book I'm reading about fasting has really opened my eyes and changed my feelings.

During my fast I was expecting some miraculous thing to happen....but instead I experienced an overwhelming peace. The whole time I was fasting I kept hearing "your battle is the Lords".
Just when I think I know how to hand over all my battles....something pops up that I think I can handle. I didn't realize I was a control freak!! Something I heard Beth Moore say once "Control freaks don't have fun" and that is so true.
And Satan sure does know how to take advantage of a control freak. I have been letting fear grip me by the neck and I've been trying to control certain situations....even though I was praying over things I still had an undertone of not having trust in the Lord. Our faith demands that we hand over ALL of our problems.
I thought I knew how to trust in the Lord in ALL things...but I was wrong. there are things I want SO BAD to happen RIGHT NOW....but the Lord is teaching me patience and how to rest in His promises.

Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed. Uphold me, and I will be delivered. ~Ps. 119:116-117}

I just want to thank Mia and the other members who encouraged me and prayed for me.
I love this angelwings...thanks for sharing!