How can this be?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How can this be?

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:47 am

lol! you are so cute and so right on! Praise God!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Angelwings wrote:

thank you! I pray for you as well. I'm glad there are people who understand where I'm coming from. I do find my love for them is real when I distance myself. When I am submerged in THEIR world....I become resentful and angry....and I feel hatred toward them. I DON'T like feeling that way.
But then I have christian relatives who tell me that its NOT Christ like to turn my back on them. That I should reach out and show them love. But I can't do that. I feel I can only love them from a distance and I just wish people would respect my choice.
Is that wrong? I've been told I need to get of my spiritual high horse....but I don't except those words.
what's amazing is I have a husband who is not saved....and he is the most supportive and understanding person I have in my life who has a lot of respect for me!!
I can so UNDERSTAND how you feel on this one for sure! Good thing God knows our hearts, and He is the only one we have to please. He is the also the only one who we have to stand accountable to, and He expects us to keep our hearts clean from the clutter that could come from being around toxic people (unless The Spirit leads or God specially anoints us to be around them like mia said). I remind myself of this, when my people pleasing comes out and I feel bad for not making everyone happy. lol! There are many times I wish my decisions would be respected as well! I don't expect everyone to always agree with me, I wish some people in my life could be able to agree to disagree, and let my decision be my decision without trying to change my mind on something I feel strongly about. Ya know??? laugh

Thank Goodness your husband is such a great support to you! :praiseg-d:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Sorry ladies for not responding sooner...been super busy!

Yes Daisy I totally understand what you mean by wishing some would agree to disagree..WOW, so true!

Daphane I love all your :blah: :blah: :blah: LOL
Thanks for sharing those scriptures....I never read it and applied it the way you have with your husbands testimony. thats awesome! PTL

And thank you Mia, I feel so blessed by everyone's thoughts on this post. Its been confirmation for me because I know in my heart its the right thing to do but struggled with it.
huggins

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nurse on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 am

Hi, Angelwings

Well this can be so difficult can't it? I can totally relate and these are the issues I struggle with the most in my Christian walk as I was not raised in a Christian family and have many people like this associated with my family. Let me just quote this and tell you what the Lord is impressing on my heart lately in regards to this:

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

It is very clear the Lord wants us to "turn away" from these people. Yes..literally turn our backs on them. We can still love them and pray from them but it does not mean we should be involved with them in any consistent way. I have cut loose some really long time friends and I admit I feel bad about it...but do we want to please people or the Lord?? Having said that, I know it is easier said than done as I told you I struggle with it still. Just my two cents. God Bless You!

Nurse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:52 am

Remember the Lord says: "Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. Luke 17:33. This not only applies to their spiritual life but also the carnal. The Lord wants us to walk away from evil and live for Him. He also says: "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. Matthew 10:14. This applies to us and those that we have preached to, even our families. I pray this is an encouragement to you. I had to go home last year for a funeral in my family and the Lord specifically asked me to do an altar call when I finished the service of the funeral. I did what he asked and had no takers....this message immediately came to mind. You see they believe enough to ask my to officiate the service but not for anything else. You know sometimes we have to love them enough to entrust them into the care of the Father. This is a difficult task and I had trouble letting go for a long time. I now pray for them daily. I call them by name. I pray they have a change of heart before it is to late. I however have to stay my distance. It is a tough thing to do. I do it for him so I don't get in the way and so that I will not become like them.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 am

Dove-Solutions wrote:Remember the Lord says: "Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. Luke 17:33. This not only applies to their spiritual life but also the carnal. The Lord wants us to walk away from evil and live for Him. He also says: "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. Matthew 10:14. This applies to us and those that we have preached to, even our families. I pray this is an encouragement to you. I had to go home last year for a funeral in my family and the Lord specifically asked me to do an altar call when I finished the service of the funeral. I did what he asked and had no takers....this message immediately came to mind. You see they believe enough to ask my to officiate the service but not for anything else. You know sometimes we have to love them enough to entrust them into the care of the Father. This is a difficult task and I had trouble letting go for a long time. I now pray for them daily. I call them by name. I pray they have a change of heart before it is to late. I however have to stay my distance. It is a tough thing to do. I do it for him so I don't get in the way and so that I will not become like them.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

that is so encouraging to hear! It has been tough....but I have been feeling at peace with having to do this. thank you all so very much for chiming in and sharing your thoughts...it truly has been a blessing for me to hear from you all.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum