Help Dream Needs Interpretation Please Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Dream Needs Interpretation Please Help

Post by writer4him on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:02 am

Have recently been fasting and praying about my family & this dream occurred:

I'm traveling with a group; some of are walking, others riding (horses and/or wagons). We'd traveled for a very long time and were SO weary.
Suddenly, we found ourselves passing a Native American village; we were very nervous because 'someone had heard from someone' that there might be an unfriendly tribe in the area. However, the tribe watched us soundlessly until we were out of sight. (a little child sat on the ground playing with a book of crossword puzzles and some kitchen gadget that seemed out of place.)

We arrived at an abandoned farm. The plants and trees had fruit nearly ready to be harvested but was wilted and dry. We found water nearby and began tiredly watering the crops. Just as the plants began to recover, we ran out of water and the plants withered again. Weak and discouraged we mourned over the loss.

The Indian chief rode up on a horse, looked at us and the crops, then left, saying nothing. We became afraid thinking that they were going to come back and harm us while we were weak and defenseless. But we were literally dying of thirst and too weak to leave.

He soon came back with 2 or 3 other male tribal members also on horseback, again no one spoke. He raised his right hand and signaled and it seemed that the whole tribe emerged from the forest. They passed us silently and headed into the fields. That's when i notice that they carried baskets and buckets of water. They water every plant and as they did the fruit on the plant would ripen immediately. They then harvested everything and gathered it into the farmhouse and outbuildings. Then they set the buckets of extra water near us. Afterwards they looked at the Chief who then signaled again and they disappeared once again back into the forest.

Emotions during dream (in order): Tired, weary, afraid, hopeful, purposeful, discouraged, despairing, fearful, surprised, confused-thankful-relieved.
I have an idea what this is about but I believe that there is wisdom in a multitude of counsel. Please help if you can. Thank you so much.
-Juanita

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Dream Needs Interpretation Please Help

Post by writer4him on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 am

As I have prayed about this dream, I have been led to several scriptures that follow the theme of restoration accomplished by God's hand. Among them are Is.62:8; Lev.26:3-5; Deut.28; Is.65:23. One year ago, I had to remove myself and my children from a spiritually and physically oppressive situation. Ministerially, we were associated with two affiliated congregations up to that point. After our personal situation changed, the pressure from leadership increased to make me choose one congregation or the other. The Lord said "neither" though we were free to fellowship with them both, but I didn't understand why at the time. Since then, we only hear from them if we call first and even then conversations are stilted and noticeably cool. My children are hurt by the change in atmosphere and we have been seeking God's direction for a church home where we can continue the healing process, further develop and exercise our gifts, and just plain set down some roots.
I am not an interpreter however these thoughts came to me:

I believe the dream shows that our weary journeying will come to an end; that we shouldn't let "church hurt" keep us from trusting God's people because He is going to use them to help us recover and continue serving the Lord as a family; there is a place for us.

Perhaps the Chief represents the Lord; the tribe may be our brethren; the withered crops may indicate the hindrance in growth/use of our spiritual gifts during this time of wandering; the abundant harvest (which was more than we needed for ourselves) perhaps indicates that God's restorative blessings will overflow from our lives to touch and bless others.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

I think you're right on concerning your interpretation. Church owies....all I can say is big hug 2 ..I've been there, and I'm still clawing my way out, but my family and I have found a Bible study where we feel loved and accepted and that's our church right now. As for Jesus being the chief, doesn't the Bible call him Chief Cornerstone? lol! rofl

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top