The Video Game Job

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Video Game Job

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:27 am

Last night I dreamed that I was employed to play video games for a job. I have no idea what games they were. The dream began with a large room filled with big, recliner-type chairs. Each chair had a large television in front of it - this was your "work station." In this room were other people that were actually those whom I work with on my shift at my present job. I was about to settle in for a hard day's work laugh when my supervisor showed up to tell me that another "shift" was short-handed and that I was needed to cover for someone who was missing. I followed him to the next room over, which was set up the same way, and saw that this shift was made up of people from the day-shift at my present job (I work overnight). I found the chair for the missing employee, set myself up, and was ready to work. I remember feeling that I wasn't all that thrilled to be working on this shift, but that I was more than knowledgeable/skillful at what we needed to do, so that I would more than out-perform that crew.

As stated, the people in the dream were from my real life job. For circumstances, I just finished this week covering for a missing individual on that very shift. Next week is similar, but a different person - I have to lead my shift for my normal 8 hours, then work 4 hours during the day to cover for my brother who is the lead for his shift and will be out on vacation all week.

Go ahead and share what you wish.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Video Game Job

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:01 pm

thewhiteshadow wrote:I remember feeling that I wasn't all that thrilled to be working on this shift, but that I was more than knowledgeable/skillful at what we needed to do, so that I would more than out-perform that crew.

Hi Mark~I just have a question for you. IRL do you ever feel like your job is without purpose or unimportant in anyway??? Do you ever feel bored in your job or over qualified in anyway??

Just my thoughts...if anything doesn't fit, please disregard. Flower Power

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Hiya, Daisy -

Yes. My job is definitely without purpose. :)

Well, I shouldn't say that, because God will use what I do there to reach those who might not otherwise be reached. However, the job itself is quite insignificant.

That being said, I'm usually extremely busy...but it's not difficult to do. Does that make sense...or even answer your question? :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Do you feel at all that this dream may tie into any of those feelings??

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:03 am

Daisy -

It's hard to say, really. In the dream, I didn't necessarily feel without purpose or unimportant...though those are feelings that I have toward my job in real life. Actually, the rest of this week may be an indicator of what the dream is about.

You see, today was the first day that I had to cover for my missing brother on his shift. And it is his shift that I usually dread working on, because my crew is pretty laid back, yet we consistently out-perform the other two shifts. I dread working with his crew because they are a lot more...sensitive, to put it nicely. And they don't desire to perform with excellence, so that can frustrate me a bit. ANYWAYS, I was working with them today and there was a moment where I was reminded of this dream...where things were running well, everyone was getting along, and there was even a bit of playing going on (still getting the work done!).

I'm hoping the rest of the week goes this well. I think I'll have an understanding of the dream if it does.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:06 am

That is awesome!!! Hope the rest of the week goes good! Isnt God good!!!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:07 am

:hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:54 am

I believe this dream has manifested now that this work-week is over.

I had a lot of reservations going into this week. I was dreading the four extra hours each day where I'd have to work on the following shift. However, it turned out to be quite easy - it was laid-back and conflict-free. This was much like the setting of the dream where we "worked" in our comfortable recliners and the job was enjoyable like playing a video game. On the last day, the supervisor sought me out to tell me how he appreciated my help in running the shift this week while my brother was on vacation.

I believe this dream was given to me to help put my anxieties about the week at ease.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:35 am

That is awesome Mark...praise God!!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top