The Triathlon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Triathlon

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:18 am

Last night I dreamed that I was in the middle of participating in a triathlon. The race itself seemed to be thrown together rather unprofessionally. There were few workers, and those participating in it were quite amateur (myself included). I had just finished the bike portion on a small, kid-sized bike, and made my way indoors to complete the swimming segment (I realize that the swimming section is first in real life). I went inside this building and found a few teens there that were the workers of this part of the race. We were going to swim in this indoor pool. The pool was very small and not more than waist-deep. We would have to swim many laps to cover the required distance. I was concerned that I did not bring any swimming apparel, and was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. After fretting about it for a bit, I finally decided to swim in my boxers since they looked like shorts, anyway. I also figured that I could stand to finish the race with wet shorts rather than have all of my clothes wet.

Please share what you'd like.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Triathlon

Post by Gillboa on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 am

Hi Whiteshadow

I'm new at this but will give it my best shot.
You might be finding yourself in a thing that you did not plan to be in and the people in charge have no clue where to start en where to end.

Thanks

Gillboa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 am

Thank you for your response, Gillboa. I suppose time will tell.

I've actually been tossing part of this dream around the past couple of days. I keep thinking that I'm soon to start a new season in my life - let's hope! - but, I can't get away from the last part of the dream. I keep thinking about cutting/minimizing my losses.

In the dream, I was going to get wet during this part of the race. The issue was settled by swimming in "shorts" rather than my entire outfit - and so I had committed to a minimal amount of discomfort as opposed to being wet head-to-toe.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Mark!
These two scriptures come to me...
1 Corinthians 9:24
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us...

With it being a kiddy bike, and a waist high pool, it seems to me that you were WELL equipt for this race (with the exception of the swimming trunks..and what you did have ended up working out for you)!

Is there anything going on in your life right now that seems to mirror the feelings you had in the dream???
Just my thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top