law and grace/curses and blessings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

law and grace/curses and blessings

Post by seekingface09 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:53 am

I posted this question on another topic area, but my question is what is your understanding of law and grace? I ask this question because I hear a lot of preachers teaching that if you do not obey laws you will be cursed. Example- and I am a tither- but I hear people teaching if you don't pay your tithes you are cursed...The text used is Malachi 3.

Last edited by iamfree42 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : notify when post)

seekingface09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: law and grace/curses and blessings

Post by Cholette on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:58 am

Iamfree...

We are redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13). There are no longer curses for God's people AT ALL!!!! If we say that we are cursed, then we are saying that Christ wasn't enough.

I do believe that tithing is important for us a body of believers to do under Abraham's covenant. There are benefits to tithing, but there are no curses if you don't.

I'm sure that many will try to argue this point, but I'm set and sold on this and my life has tested and tried this. God doesn't curse what he has sent Jesus to bless. Jesus took it all on for us...that's what Grace is.

Hope this helps!!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top