Discouraged with Work

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discouraged with Work

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:28 pm

My friends, I'm back here again...

Tomorrow is the final interview with the head of the facility. If he gives the thumbs-up, all I need to do is their physical/back-assessment, and I'm in.

Forgive me for continuing to ask, but would you please pray once more for peace, favor, and whatever else you may be led to pray for? Every time I have gone thus far I have had peace and success, and I know it's because I'm covered in prayer from you saints.

Thank you so much. Almost there...
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:43 pm

I was actually going to ask on your other thread how this process was going! Thanks for the update and I will keep up the prayers.... praying

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 am

We are in agreement with you and will continue to praise the Lord until you receive the job and then praise him even more when you get it!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Two Words: Praise God. :)

The final interview is over. I've been offered the position, contingent upon the results of the back assessment...which I'll complete tomorrow afternoon. More than likely, we'll have the results on Monday which is when the official notice can be given to my current employer. Since I work for some family members - and because things are going to be extremely busy at the new place - we're looking at starting on the first of the new year. Yeah, it's a bit long yet to wait. At this point, though, what's a few extra weeks. Not only that, but it guarrantees that I get Christmas off to spend with my family, which would not have been for certain at the new place. It's all good stuff.

The best part today was the last part of the the interview. The Facility Manager asks me if I have any other questions or comments, and I said, "To be honest, I'm only wondering when the next step will be."

Without blinking, he says, "It's right now." Turning to the HR person, he says, "Get him in here." Awesome!

I've said it before, but I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. Seriously, God DOES bless you with favor and peace when you ask Him to. He does make your paths straight. He IS with you in all things. And to have people who are willing to pray for you about things such as this is really outstanding. Thanks... :)

All Glory to God for this awesome work that he has done and continues to do!

Bless you all,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Keep us posted on the outcome of the screening. OK? I know all will be fine but will want to be on my knees thanking Jesus for all his hard work! :)

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Two Words: Praise God. :)

The final interview is over. I've been offered the position, contingent upon the results of the back assessment...which I'll complete tomorrow afternoon. More than likely, we'll have the results on Monday which is when the official notice can be given to my current employer. Since I work for some family members - and because things are going to be extremely busy at the new place - we're looking at starting on the first of the new year. Yeah, it's a bit long yet to wait. At this point, though, what's a few extra weeks. Not only that, but it guarrantees that I get Christmas off to spend with my family, which would not have been for certain at the new place. It's all good stuff.

The best part today was the last part of the the interview. The Facility Manager asks me if I have any other questions or comments, and I said, "To be honest, I'm only wondering when the next step will be."

Without blinking, he says, "It's right now." Turning to the HR person, he says, "Get him in here." Awesome!

I've said it before, but I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. Seriously, God DOES bless you with favor and peace when you ask Him to. He does make your paths straight. He IS with you in all things. And to have people who are willing to pray for you about things such as this is really outstanding. Thanks... :)

All Glory to God for this awesome work that he has done and continues to do!

Bless you all,
-Mark
Wonderful news Mark!!! woo hoo

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Just for the sake of closure here...

It's official, now. They new employer has already received the results of the back screen and drug test, and so they followed up with the official offer. I'll be starting after the first of the year!

Just one more time - thank you all for your prayers and encouragment through this process. God listens, and he moves. I'm so thankful for the way He's worked throughout this.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:18 pm

:praiseg-d: He is so good! Super happy for you! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:28 pm

:glory: :loveit: :glory:

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:09 am

woo hoo :hooray: congratulations!

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 pm

All Praise to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!

:hallelujah: :hallelujah: :hallelujah:

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:34 am

Since it seems to fit the original topic, I figured I'd share a little bit about my first day.

Everything went well, overall. The people that I met on my shift were rather pleasant to me and understanding of what it's like to be new. I seemed to have favor among them, which is one thing that I've really been asking for.

I had one moment, though, where I was struck with discouragement. It was well into the shift, and it seemed to come from nowhere. Thoughts about my old job, the Egypt that I've left behind. This was probably because I was focusing on how I'm not skilled at this new job, and I was, frankly, the best at my old job. That part is hard for me...but, thankfully, this feeling passed and the night finished well.

I also was paired with an excellent, sympathetic and knowledgable trainer. I was quite happy about that.

I had a dream the night before, which I'll share because there was one part that had a pretty cool manifestation. The basics of it were that I was at some outdoor function at my new employer, a sort of get-together. I was introduced to my coworkers, and everyone seemed pleasant. I was especially happy to find that an old Christian friend of mine, named Jesse, was there (in real life, we haven't seen each other in a long time, and his family moved out of state).

Now, do you know what's interesting? My trainer's name is Jesse. :)

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 am

I was wondering how your first day went, as I was praying for you. I was hoping you would update us. So happy to hear things went well! :praiseg-d:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks so much, Daisy. I'm totally serious when I say that I really appreciate your prayers for me! I rely on my brothers and sisters in Christ for any measure of success.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:26 pm

I know that you have been praying for me as well, and I am equally thankful for your prayers too! I just love this site~Im so thankful for the support and encouragement of all the members involved...we def can't make it alone. Bless You

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top