I prayed for a dream....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I prayed for a dream....

Post by afterhisheart on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:29 pm

My mother-in-law has asked to move in with us and we are unsure about what to do, so last night I asked God to speak to me in a dream that would tell us what to do. This is what I got:

Some background:

This my third dream to take place in the farmhouse I lived in as a little girl and as an adult with my husband and two children. About 5 years ago, my mother-in-law lived with us in this house for 6 months. We moved out of state and she stayed behind for another year and then moved back to Oklahoma (where she is from).

Now, she is unemployed and wanting to come live with us again and we are back in the same town as the farmhouse is outside of. The farmhouse IS vacant again and my husband and I have had passing thoughts of moving there again.

DREAM:

Me, my dad, my best friend, and a lady who does house cleaning for my best friend are sitting around the table at the farmhouse. The lady is sitting listening to the other three of us talk. We are talking about other religions and about how they are not the right way. My dad specifically says something about buddhism. The lady says only to me, "Well, I'm not sure what I am." She gets up to use the bathroom.

I go to the kitchen sink to wash my hands and I tell my friend and dad what she said and I'm confused because I know this lady and I'm sure she is a Christian who believes and follows Jesus.

She comes out of the bathroom and gets in my face. She says, "I know you told them that I said I'm not sure what I am." She says she knows I turned on the water so she couldn't hear or something paranoid like. I looked at my dad and friend and they have a look that says don't tell her you told us. I instantly know I have to tell her how she can know what she is by accepting Jesus Christ. I sit up on the counter next to the sink and I tell her I know how she can know. She sits next to me prepared to listen.

My friend has a look that says, "yes...tell her. I don't want to, but I know you can." My dad leaves kind of like...."OK, this is taken care of, see ya later."

END OF DREAM

I'm thinking the lady represents my Mother-In-Law because she has similar physical characteristics and she acted paranoid (which we believe clinically my MIL suffers from).

Does this mean it is time to give her another chance???? She's not a Christian...although she is very knowledgeable and not beligerant against Jesus...she thinks she is a Christian....but her life would say otherwise.

Whatchya think people of God???

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I prayed for a dream....

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Wow. That is pretty interesting. I do believe people represent other people, OFTEN. Their characteristics/identical names and other factors - making you feel the same way so and so makes you feel, are all clues as to identity.

When I am asking God for an answer and I have a dream that really seems to be telling me the answer, I usually believe it. I know it's not much but if this were me, I'd expect to be moving to a farmhouse. But is it true for you? Does God usually give you little clues like this when you ask Him?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by afterhisheart on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Absolutely He gives me clues. I know the dream was from Him in response to me asking. The other thing this particular house represents is 5 generations. It was built by my great-grandparents and my grandma, mom, myself, and my children have all lived in this house at sometime or another.

I've noticed my dreams have so many dimensions...He's speaking to me about more than one thing at a time.....For instance---the lady in the dream came to my friends house today to clean. I told my friend it was odd that in my dream she had straight hair like my Mother-In-Law. She called me when the lady showed up and said the she showed up with straight hair (NEVER has she straightened her hair before).

God is so amazing. I truly need His Holy Spirit to teach me everything He is trying to show me.

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:06 pm

The best teacher is walking with Him and just noting how He shows you things. Soon as you figure out one thing He usually moves on to something else though. LOL.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top