Bare feet and wild hair!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bare feet and wild hair!

Post by tjw on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:04 am

Gosh got this dream this morning and need help with interpretation.

The dream: I was going to volunteer somewhere and on the first attempt at trying to go somehow I didn't make it there. The second attempt I was driving to the place I would be volunteering. I had on scrubs. When I pulled up to the parking lot there seemed to be hundreds of people waiting outside to get in. It was an urban area part of town and the people there seemed to me to be on the rough side. Except I was thinking to myself that they were waiting outside to get in so that they could get to work. The building was a large one almost like I thought it was some kind of hospital or medical facility. I drove around back to park. I was in my SUV (I sold this car many months ago IRL). When I parked I had the feeling I needed to hurry and get inside so that I would not be late. When I looked out the window to my right I could see that everyone was gone as they had been let in. So I got out the car to go in but when I saw my reflection in the car window I could see that my hair was tossled all over my head (like bed head) and I looked down at my feet and my shoes were gone. I got back in the car to put my shoes on but this time for some reason I got in the back seat and shut the door. Then I realized as I was about to look for my shoes that the doors were unlocked and I needed to lock them quick because as I began to reach for the door to push the lock button down a real shady character was walking up to the door to try to get in. He was holding up what looked like food to entice me to open the door. I then jumped in the driver's seat, locked the door and started up the car and began driving away. I was scared and hoped the man wouldn't catch me. As I pulled out the parking lot I drove down some streets that were blocked by these wire type fences. I would have to back up and try another route. I then woke up..... what ???

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bare feet and wild hair!

Post by loverofTrinity on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Your shoes missing could symbolize lacking to have the preparation of the Gospel of peace on your feet (See Ephesians 6). Without having this armor on, you would be subject to attack by the enemy (shady character). The volunteering I think could symbolize any type of ministry, whether it is in your normal job, volunteering or in the home. Maybe God is warning you to be prepared for ministry by having your shoes of peace on. The messy hair could symbolize some sort of preparation as well. But you had your scrubs! :-) - Ready to be a servant to help care for and heal others (medical facility)!

loverofTrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks for your input! It is starting to make sense. I looked up what hair could mean and found it means holiness, righteousness. Perhaps because I have lost my peace God's holiness showing through me is appearing messed up. I am believing God for a big dream and the waiting is making me anxious at times. I know God wants me to be at peace about the situation as I wait but I lose the battle sometimes. I wonder if the food enticement represents real life. I definitely eat too much when I stress. I would also like to understand the blocked roads. When I went down one street it was partially blocked by a metal fence but a car in front of me went around it and drove on. I said to myself in the dream that the fence meant not to go down that road so I turned around. When I did I saw another way out and was about to take it then I woke up.
Hmmmmm.....

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:24 am

Tjw,

This reminds me of not of not feeling prepared to do something. The messy hair makes me think that this is how you see yourself; like, I can't do that in this condition! Look at me!

The roads being blocked is good news because even though you notice a path that you probably shouldn't go down you find a way out!

Does this match anything in your life now?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tjw on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 am

Well I am trying to go to the next level in my career. When I was younger I went to college to be as a premed student. I dropped out after a year as the classes were tough and I didn't do well. Now at the ripe old age of 40 I decided to go back and try this again. I have applied to some med schools and am waiting to hear back. Sometimes I question myself if God really has me on this path or am I wrong? Do I have what it takes? scratching chin

tjw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top