Church "business"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church "business"

Post by Glad on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:07 am

Hi everyone
This is a longer dream, but I feel an important one. Have some ideas but just as many questions. I am grateful for all input!
Thank you.
Glad

Seems I am at my church at a time where a children’s program (thought it was Vacation Bible School) is going on. See my Senior Pastor, Youth and Children’s Pastor standing on a high platform. Other Pastors (not from our church) are with them. One of them speaks up saying how much he profited from this church and leads into prayer. Our Senior Pastor shares a few things about the event, even though this is a children’s event that usually is overseen by our Children’s Pastor.
They are so high up that it is straining to watch them. I decide to go to the first floor, figure the view would be better. Before I get to do that the door across of me opens and my Senior Pastor comes down a flight of steps dressed as a colorful bird/chicken (no wings, tail of a rooster). I am somewhat surprised at that, I really didn’t expect him to go to that length for the children’s ministry.
My daughter and I sit on a bench while this is going on. The Pastor shakes her hand and passes by and goes to the room next to us. He is calling someone on the phone. I see that he lost his bird’s tail now.
While walking through the building with my daughter I noticed how much money and effort had gone into this event. It has a feel of entertainment. I see people with children. It is fairly busy, but not packed.
As I walk around I encounter my Senior Pastor (not dressed up anymore) again. I ask him if it was true that our church agreed to support needy (hungry, third world) children? He said “yes”. I asked him how many. He says “2x4”. I start to weep. “8 children?” I ask. He says yes. This sadness is coming up from the depth of my being. I think that we as one family are doing better than that … and this is a church! I weep and weep. “Do we support them for a month or an year” I ask. He says “one month”. I can’t help but think it be better to just let them die instead of prolonging death … and can’t stop weeping.
I call my mother and tell her what is happening. Her answer is that the money that we are going to have to spend cannot come from any church funds that are tax deductible but we had to find ways how to cut down on our daily spending and expenses. This, she said, comes on top and beyond the “normal” giving.

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church "business"

Post by bluejeankid on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi. This is just my thoughts as I read your dream maybe it will help.
Seems as if something is not quite right in this church. The money that you give to feed the needy is not going to where it should. You are observing this and not liking it. So you ask questions. You are grieved when you find the truth. Maybe you have prayed about this and have said to God, This is a church. Our family alone could do better.

The pastor dressed as a chicken with a roosters tail I think may be pride. You confront the senior pastor and he repents. Loses the tail feathers. Thinking that God will tell the pastor that he needs to rethink how church funds are spent.

Does that help alittle?? Scratch Chin

bluejeankid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:49 am

Hi bluejeankid
Thank you for responding. I appreciate you taking the time to read the dream. The pastor dressed up like a chicken/roaster... that was a different take in the dream. Thank you for your thoughts.
Blessings
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:15 pm

cant help but think you hav a gift of helping the poor/compassion,it greives you to see money squandered on 'non essential things wen people are really dieing,you feel the leaders are beyond reach at times,and maybe just acting?may the pastor is too chicken to give the money to the poor, bandaid this mite sound hard ,but ive seen it all b4,my heart goes out to you crying come bak 2me on this one flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:17 am

I agree with both on this interpretation. My first thought was pride from the church. Like they are going through the motions but not fulfilling the need. I sense that you are grieved because you have compassion on the less fortunate....the needy.....to feed them and take care of them as Christ had compassion on them. Pray the Lord would reveal more to you on how you can make a positive influence to change the hearts of those involved.

Love in Christ,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:10 am

Hi everyone
It sounds like you are all reading the dream right ... but I am not sure I quite got it yet.
Yes, I do not like squandering money on non essential things and I do like to help - but I am not sure that this is about money. I don't have a problem with the way our church spends the money, they are very mission oriented.
However, maybe money could stand symbolically for time, talents, giftings? Maybe spiritual food because to me giving money to the poor equals food for the poor.
Even though I am compassionate about the poor - I am even more compassionate about the spiritual and emotional poor. Having said that ... here a couple backdrops to this dream: Our Leadership is pressing in on us to go out into the community and be Christ to them. Not sure too many of us are moving. I am involved in praying for and with the Pastors, trying to figure out if this is a message more for them than for me.
Second backdrop:
I am part of a deliverance ministry, but in my heart I believe that you can only be truly delivered if a) God chooses to do so like an instant physical healing, but more likely b) you need to receive healing for the issue first and the enemy can not get a hold of you again. To me the two compare very easily with one being food for a month compared to life.
I was on my way to a deliverance session the night of this dream.
Is this complicated enough?
Forgive me for the long explanation ... but I really would like to be sure who this dream is for!
If any new thoughts would come or old thoughts with a new twist .. I appreciate it!
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:15 am

Glad :
As i read your dream this is what came into my spirit please receive this in love.
This dream is a warning for you to be aware and use discernment as God is revealing true things about this ministry. there is a issue about true ministry ( church business) going on, the pastor and his fellow men are "high" (pride) the pastor wears a costume and you are suprised because you know it is all a"fake" all of this is rehearsed even down to this friend saying how they have "profited" from this ministry. it was entertainment not true ministry. it is profiting the leaders in the high place and not the ones who really need it. this is the church business.
then you see him as he really is "not dressed up" you are really concerned about the money and that they are only helping 8 children for 1 month! you are sadden by this in your spirit. People are not being feed properly . You were on your way to a deliverance session the night of the dream it was to for warn you to pray that certain leaders are delivered and take the costume off and do real ministry(real church business) i hope this was helpful.

watchman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:44 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top