Weird Coffee mugs!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird Coffee mugs!

Post by Lizz on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:41 pm

I dreamed that a young man, whom I had assisted in starting a church in December 2009, was getting married to a girl with the same first name as myself. I decided, for a wedding gift, to get them a set of coffee mugs bearing their names. I found a coffee mug with the future wife's name on it, however it looked more like an over-sized pot with really weird handles. I really liked the 'creativity' of this item and I seemed to be fixated with it in my dream but couldn't find a matching one for the young guy, so decided after much deliberation to simply get an ordinary set of mugs instead and have their names printed on in silver.
Thank you.

Lizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird Coffee mugs!

Post by Lizz on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Any volunteers for an interpretation of this dream? It would really be appreciated! happy dance

Lizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:19 am

Have you thought of maybe teaming up with this young man in ministry again?

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizz on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 am

Hi GreatFul Servant. No, definitely not thinking of joining this man in ministry again!

Lizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:37 pm

I will be praying for you that you will get an answer, because it seems like you really are desiring it.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Is he getting married in real life?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Lizz! Interesting dream...

Trying to help you unlock its meaning -- Has this man's personal style seemed ordinary or common to you?

A cup of something is often used as a symbol of personal preference -- as in something is or is not a person's "cup of tea." And cups themselves often reflect personal style.

Are you possibly a more creative sort of person?

Settling on the gift as you did, seems like an acceptance of this man's personal style though different from yours, and with the names applied in silver lettering like he holds a place of special honor with you, in spite of his simplicity. Maybe this has been a growing/learning process? I remember growing up with a song about friends being either silver or gold, and holding an appreciation for both. So possibly your friendship with him is not as a gold friendship, but secondary silver.

The man could be symbolic for a project you are working on.

I have no idea if this is accurate, so definitely not an interpretation. But hope this is helpful in your seeking.

Lovingly,
Rose

This verse also came to mind --

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. 20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some. 23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Last edited by rosebush on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi Liz I was thinking along the same line as Rose just pondering how to express it, she articulated it very well. Also it seemed like God was telling you how He enjoyed your creativity even though it was much different then your friend. Your friend could be symbolic also of others, and wanting you too enjoy your creativity and appreciate it too. He has made you in His image and you are an expression of Him, even though you are different then others.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top