Philip the Evangelist!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Philip the Evangelist!

Post by Angelwings on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 am

The other night I was awaken by a voice that said; "Ye who are of Philip"

I was stumped but knew it was the Lord because, first of all, I don't use the word YE! laugh
And second because I don't know anyone by the name Philip. But the night before I was praying for the salvation of certain people and asking the Lord for wisdom and knowledge to share the gospel with them, not only was I asking for that....I was asking the Lord to prepare me so that when the time came, when the door was open, that I would know it and take advantage to share the gospel. You know we can't approach everyone the same way. And thats why I was praying for that.

So the other day when I read BelovedoftheLord dreams with the name Philip, it caught my eye. And I read the devotionals Daisy posted and was again amazed. Since then I've been studying the story about Philip and the eunich. (Acts 8) I feel the Lord was responding to my prayer...I never read that story about Philip...but how inspired I was by Philips courage, boldness and obedience to approach the eunich and preach the gospel...Philip preached from the beginning to the end from the OT where the eunich was reading...and the eunich was baptized.

I think lots of times I hold back from sharing the word because I feel like I dont know enough to share, like I'm not that type to start spitting out all kinds of scriptures and seem all scholarly ....but this story tells me otherwise. So I pray for the souls that need salvation...that the Lord prepares their spirit to be "teachable" and I pray for the body of Christ to be like Philip, ready and prepared when the Lord opens that door to preach the gospel. AMEN?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Philip the Evangelist!

Post by greyfort on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 pm

So do you think that Daisy's dream was a "Phillip" - as a confirmation for you? There have been a couple of times when I've read people's dreams and thought - man that has implications for _me_ but of course since its their dream I don't making any assumptions.

greyfort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:59 pm

That is a great point Greyfront. That has happened to me many times. I receive a word spoken (or written) by members here and I know the Lord has quickened my spirit to receive it for myself. I have also had a dream that was given to me for me and had it speak to someone else. God is so good that if we are sensitive to the Holy Spirit we will get in many ways.

Love in Jesus,

Connie happy dance

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 pm

No I don't think the dream from Beloved with the name Philip was confirmation, It has nothing to do with actually. It just caught my eye and pointed me to Daisys devotional...the devotional was confirmation. It was the second time Acts 8 was given to me. PTL!!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Hello there -

I love the story of Philip and the Eunuch - there's so much to take away that gives me encouragement when it comes to evangelism. I think a lot of people share your same concern about not knowing enough to share with someone. What's really great is that it wasn't about what Philip knew; it was about him being obedient, as you said. He was sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and followed His direction.

The whole situation is great, because Philip didn't have to seek anyone out and force-feed them a good plate of preaching. Instead, he was simply available to respond to someone's genuine interest in Jesus. What he didn't have to do was come up with an argument against someone's skeptical thinking - the Holy Spirit had already prepared the heart of the eunich to be open to the message of Jesus. Talk about taking the hard part out!

The end also encourages me, because I often find myself thinking that, once I share the gospel with someone, what am I going to do when they respond to it? I don't know that I'd be able to disciple them after their new birth. Well, that wasn't even a responsibility given to Philip. The Holy Spirit whisked him away to his next task and took care of things with the eunich.

Sorry to throw out my thoughts in your thread, but the story of Philip has always encouraged me, so I couldn't help but share.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh I think that is a great thought Mark. I think we tend to over think what we are suppose to do to help the new believer. Our best thing to do is to be an example and a leader. The first law of leadership is Example, Example, Example. Jesus shows us that through his whole ministry. If we subject ourselves to the Holy Spirit then He will prompt us as to what to do and when to do it. We should love them and encourage them through their walk with Christ.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:39 pm

yes yes yes, I love what you wrote Mark,
those very thoughts are the same reasons this story encouraged me so much.
:glory:

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top