at a Christian Group retreat with almost no clothes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

at a Christian Group retreat with almost no clothes

Post by Cloud on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 pm

in this dream i went with a group to what i'll call a "retreat"

this group or rather my experience with them was sub-par

i started wandering around and manged to hook up with a group of better people who were more welcoming of me

then at one point, i was following them onto a bus because they liked me so much

i felt REALLY relaxed and at peace and just in the moment

i thought were were on a plane at first

then it dawned on me that they were leaving the retreat and going back home but i couldn't leave my original group

the bus driver was female and she was Hispanic and was speaking spanish and one of the group leaders was talking to her in spanish as well

then the bus pulled up to the airport for them to get on their flight back home

at this point, i had to reveal to them that i had my own group and couldn't go with them

i also realized i was only in my underwear when i started walking up to the door to tell them

all of a sudden, it was awkward and not the same with them

i quickly told them i had to go back to my other group

i felt a cold vibe from them at this point, either not caring or just thinking i was weird

then i started heading back to my old group

i started moving past crowds of other kids

the "Retreat" was like at a hotel or something because all these groups had their own rooms

i started moving past people

at this point, i had all my clothes on again

might not mean anything

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: at a Christian Group retreat with almost no clothes

Post by Daisy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:33 pm

I had a dream similar to this... mine was about me feeling vulnerable, or insecure around people I dont know very well. This coinsides with my personality irl. May not mean the same with yours...but just a thought to ponder on. If it doesn't fit...please toss it out. Only my thoughts.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:30 pm

I had something all typed out, but then I had second thoughts, so I'll just say this:

I believe that God wishes to connect you with people around which you can be yourself, without judgement. It may feel awkward as you open up and let down your guard a bit. Don't feel, though, that you need to hold on to where you've come from. As God connects you in His body, you'll know that you're in the right place because it will feel natural, and you'll have peace about it.

Just my thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I really like your post mark! You have a lot of good points. :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoJo on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Amen Mark.

I like your thoughts too!

JoJo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:11 pm

well as of very recently, my purpose...or god's purpose for me as far as this GROUP goes has come into question

this girl that i was getting along with and had ideas about has suddenly started dating some other guy...in the group no less!

i've been feeling hurt over the past couple of days

i really just don't see the point of being there anymore now

i worked along side this person

i am starting to get over it but i just haven't "clicked" well with these kids at all either way

i only see them once a week or twice a week when the last friday of every month comes

god's WILL is something i ALWAYS ask about BECAUSE of crap like this

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Cloud Connected wrote:well as of very recently, my purpose...or god's purpose for me as far as this GROUP goes has come into question

i really just don't see the point of being there anymore now

Cloud, after reading your post I have to ask you this question. Was your only motivation or purpose of being with this group because of this girl? I also feel led to ask you if your main intention for going to this group is just to find a wife/girlfriend? Im sure this group still has something to offer, even if this girl is dating someone else. I understand your feelings, but I feel if you just throw in the towel because of this ONE girl you may miss out on a much bigger blessing. Maybe a different perspective may help. As mark added in his posting above, I believe also that God want to connect you with your peers, but I also feel that God wants you to impact your peers as well. Instead of seeing how the group can minister or give to you (or seeing how you can get what you want out of the deal)...maybe you could see how you could continue to minster or give TO the group. Instead of going just to get your needs met, maybe you could try going there to see what needs of others you could be used of God to meet. After my last posting to you on your "......" posting, I really felt strongly that YOU Mr. CLOUD are going to be SUCH a powerful vessel for God to use to help and bless others!!! I believe EVERY disappointment and hurt in your life can be turned around by God to give life to others! I think if you can just shift your focus, that you will see the perspective that God is trying to bring to your attention. As you focus on God and building HIS kingdom, and being a blessing to His people in this group, I feel such a breakthrough will come for you. As you seek to build HIS kingdom, all the things you could ever want or need will automatically fall into place! If you only go to this group to 'get', then I think you will be disappointed every time...but if you go to this group to 'give' then you will leave feeling like a million bucks every time you are used of God to encourage or build someone up! Just some thoughts for you to feed on...

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Cloud, after reading your post I have to ask you this question. Was your only motivation or purpose of being with this group because of this girl? I also feel led to ask you if your main intention for going to this group is just to find a wife/girlfriend?

yes that was a strong motivation for me doing something like that

I believe also that God want to connect you with your peers, but I also feel that God wants you to impact your peers as well. Instead of seeing how the group can minister or give to you (or seeing how you can get what you want out of the deal)...maybe you could see how you could continue to minster or give TO the group. Instead of going just to get your needs met, maybe you could try going there to see what needs of others you could be used of God to meet. After my last posting to you on your "......" posting, I really felt strongly that YOU Mr. CLOUD are going to be SUCH a powerful vessel for God to use to help and bless others!!!

i don't know if this is true or not but i can get over it

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Cloud Connected wrote:

I believe also that God want to connect you with your peers, but I also feel that God wants you to impact your peers as well. Instead of seeing how the group can minister or give to you (or seeing how you can get what you want out of the deal)...maybe you could see how you could continue to minster or give TO the group. Instead of going just to get your needs met, maybe you could try going there to see what needs of others you could be used of God to meet. After my last posting to you on your "......" posting, I really felt strongly that YOU Mr. CLOUD are going to be SUCH a powerful vessel for God to use to help and bless others!!!

i don't know if this is true or not but i can get over it
Whats it going to hurt to try and have this perspective, what is it going to hurt to try and be a vessel that pours out to others....you have had enough disappointments, whats it going to hurt to try and see that you were not created in vain..you were created with a purpose...GODS purpose...you were created to bless and help others....whats it going to hurt to try things another way and see if it makes things better or not...Whats it going to hurt to try and see yourself the way God sees you...as powerful, sensitive, wonderful, and a blessing...He sees you IN Christ, and wants to use you as he used Christ, to make a difference in others here upon this earth!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Once you start to believe it...THEN you will reflect this belief everywhere you go!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ccov on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Daisy wrote:Once you start to believe it...THEN you will reflect this belief everywhere you go!

So true Daisy.

ccov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks ccov! thank you

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top