a toy factory and sunlight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a toy factory and sunlight

Post by rosebush on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Had what seems an incomplete dream recently, cause I do not recall the beginning, or if there was one. I recall touring a toy factory, eventually see the name as Mattel. I'm noticing the walls have been painted in a 2 color scheme pattern that looks unfinished as though someone had intent to do a bright colorful geometric design, but didn't finish the job. I believe the colors were magenta and yellow.

Then I am heading toward the exit and have to go down cattywampus stairs. They were every which way, and the last step down was really steep. A woman with a sewing machine contraption sat at the bottom of the stairs and I was very careful to go around her to keep out of the way of her work. I could see the long threads.

Interesting thing to me about this dream is that I exit the building into broad daylight. I have never had a dream of being in sunlight that I recall. The dream was what I would call vivid and it ended with me trying to find my car in the parking lot as I was uncertain where I had parked, but guessing it was around the other side of the building.

Have a strange feeling this is a dream about someone I know and not myself.
Thanks for any help -- Rosebush.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: a toy factory and sunlight

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:21 am

rosebush wrote:Had what seems an incomplete dream recently, cause I do not recall the beginning, or if there was one. I recall touring a toy factory, eventually see the name as Mattel. I'm noticing the walls have been painted in a 2 color scheme pattern that looks unfinished as though someone had intent to do a bright colorful geometric design, but didn't finish the job. I believe the colors were magenta and yellow.

Then I am heading toward the exit and have to go down cattywampus stairs. They were every which way, and the last step down was really steep. A woman with a sewing machine contraption sat at the bottom of the stairs and I was very careful to go around her to keep out of the way of her work. I could see the long threads.

Interesting thing to me about this dream is that I exit the building into broad daylight. I have never had a dream of being in sunlight that I recall. The dream was what I would call vivid and it ended with me trying to find my car in the parking lot as I was uncertain where I had parked, but guessing it was around the other side of the building.

MAY I ASK WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?

Have a strange feeling this is a dream about someone I know and not myself.
Thanks for any help -- Rosebush.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:09 am

I drive school bus, which I just went back to for another school year, but have another PT job in the medical field. I consider bus driving my main job though.

I have been praying for freedom from work, as I would prefer to apply myself in volunteer work, spiritual mentoring, creative work such as making quilts for charity, writing, etc., but have no idea how that could be accomplished.

I am wondering what the "big step down" might be about. There were others to my right who were also descending the stairs to make an exit. They also had to take this big step down. The step was about 4 to 6 times greater than a normal step would be. So there was a low spot with the lady with the sewing contraption in the middle at the bottom of the staircase and then the exit gradually slopped upward as we exited the building.

I can see why you think this may be occupational, as the dream ends with me searching for where I parked my car. Certainly a consideration. To my knowledge, I have nothing immediately ahead of me but more of the same type of work.

Thanks for asking Delightful.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:30 am

Your past time in sewing now I know makes more sense to me as you were very detailed in colours and sewing. I just wanted to know as I've never seen a dream so embedded with language such as yours. It was obvious to me you spend alot of time looking at the finer details so assumed your job was in textiles or something.lol

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:31 am

Sorry I didn't help with the interp

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:07 am

Delightful --

Actually I do not have a past time of sewing, yet. But I have an itch to do some patchwork quilt making, large blocks, nothing too fancy, pretty colors, for charitable donation or gifts. My grandmother did this and I was gifted on several occasions with quilts, so have experienced what it feels like to be a recipient of a handmade quilt. Just something I have had on my heart to do, especially now that I have reached to half a century mark. I do have a strange liking for textiles, but no time yet really to indulge myself.

I had also considered the dream had to do with writing, as the woman's sewing contraption had "large threads." But can't figure out why I was so careful to go around her.

Possibly the dream is regarding my calling to have many spiritual children, more than I can count is how it was presented to me. Giftings are multiple. The Mattel company I looked up and discovered it was named after the originator -- Matthew, meaning gift of God. Know this cause my #2 son is named Matthew.

Your thoughts about my language/writing is helpful as I received a very discouraging comment by a published author recently. Possibly the comment was just an off-hand thing and meant nothing. But I realize God calls the weak, foolish, lowly and despised things and the Lord works out of our weakness. I know much of my writing will be in avenues outside of anything being published--personal correspondence, forums like this one, just anything unconventional. So your comment is encouraging.

I guess for me using my God-given creativity to teach, encourage and bless the body of Christ is like being out in the sunshine. I was told there would be a time when I would be released in this, but that is yet to come...

Still pondering what the "long step down" might be. I wasn't the only one making this step. And I was using the steps to the left side of the wide stairway, to the left of the woman sewing at her machine.

I wouldn't say your thoughts were of no help, but on the contrary!

Lovingly,
Rosebush

Last edited by rosebush on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Im glad I helped. Sometimes we dream in pictoral language that only the person dreaming understands. Glad you got alot out of it. Do take positive criticism as though God were trying to help you grow. I want to write too. And I use this forum to help me and also get insight into my vivid dreaming. It also helps me use my gifts. But there is a whole world of commerce out there waiting to pay you for your talents! Have you done any writing courses?

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes, I did get some things out of the dream, with your helpful nudge.

Actually the criticism I received was not constructive, nor practical. It was an off-hand comment made regarding something I had said, and this author commented "oh, YOU'RE not a writer." She may not even remember that she said it. But I had already shared with her my calling to write, so her comment left me wondering. Devil working overtime maybe?

I was glad that I was on the left side of the stairs -- which I believe is about man's weakness/God's strength -- and that is where I want to be.

Not certain I have this dream nailed in any sense of the word and would greatly appreciate any confirmation still.

I have taken no writing classes, but it is on my to-do list. Just some classes though, pursuing no degree. Don't believe I need that. For me, writing is about having a message to share, not necessarily having excellent writing ability. In many ways I have felt the heavy hand of God on me, Him training me just as I go for what I will need. And of course now I have a published author directly before me to give some direction. God never ceases to amaze!

Thanks again for your thoughts Delightful. God bless you in your endeavors.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top