Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWhiteShadow

Protection for my neighbor.

Something happened the other day that many would call coincidence, but I believe it was the Lord's leading.

Each day begins the same for me - I am a man of routine. I had just finished my workout routine in the upstairs of my house, and I usually cool down, shower, and get ready for work without having to leave the upstairs. Well, right when I was done, I hear the smoke detector going off in my basement. It went off three times in a row. So, I went downstairs and it stopped when I reached the basement door. Then, I hear a man's voice outside in the street, so I head to the front door. I see that my neighbor is outside, who's an 87-year-old widow, and she's setting out her garbage for pickup. She's approached by this shady-looking man who I've never seen in the neighborhood before. He seems all friendly, but I found myself overcome with a fear for my neighbor's safety! So, I began to pray... The man is speaking with her, and she appears a little uneasy, and he's gesturing off toward the end of the street - it would seem that he's asking for directions. I continue to pray, he eventually walks away, and nothing happens.

Now, many would say "So what?" But, I can't describe the concern I felt for my neighbor or how I felt about the man, and I would have had no reason whatsoever to even witness the scene if the smoke alarm hadn't gone off. I really believe this was an example of God's provision of protection for someone else.

-Mark

What a blessing for that woman that you were obedient to pray for her!!!!! :hooray:

Thank God for that smoke detector...that was God's emergency sound for you to go downstairs to witness that. What a MIGHTY and LOVING God we serve.