Repetative dreams about hotels, underwater, pools (with sharks/whales!), the interstate...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Repetative dreams about hotels, underwater, pools (with sharks/whales!), the interstate...

Post by perchancetodream on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Okay, so I'm new to this forum but am really excited about it. Much of the time I pray and God shows me the meaning of my dreams, but there are certain symbols that are in my dreams CONSTANTLY.

First of all: Water. Sometimes the ocean-- and before I go on I have to say I HATE seeing deep underwater views...so maybe that's why I always try to get out of the water whenever I end up there. But I would still love to hear your interpretations :)

Diving: When I say diving, I mean flying up almost to space and then diving THROUGH the ground or through water and then flying back up, and back down, and up, and down...over and over. ???

Hotels: A common setting of my dreams. They're usually older hotels, with wooden walls. But its different every time. and I never recognize it as a real hotel I've been to.

Pools: Like swimming pools. There is always some creepy shark or whale (usually whale) lurking in the corner of the swimming pool. I've had dreams like this since I was a little girl....now that I think of it, the whale is always "sleeping" and I fear waking them up...

Interstate: Not normal. More like train tracks that go SUPER HIGH into the air and you almost have to balance on them. They're always a maroon color, and almost always highly trafficed.

One last thing....whenever I first meet someone that one of my friends "has a crush on", they always end up in my dream the next night, and I "like" them...but they end up (in my dream) being married or not knowing there name (although I do).

I'd love a take on all of these symbols if ya can! Thank ya much :D

perchancetodream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Repetative dreams about hotels, underwater, pools (with sharks/whales!), the interstate...

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:57 am

Water can represent a ton of things. Sometimes it represents the Holy Spirit, (if it's flowing clear and has good feelings associated with it) Sometimes the ocean represents ministry, or just a place where many people (fish in the sea) gather. Swimming pools in my dreams represent places like my home (where people gather) or other smaller places. There really isn't one staple meaning behind each symbol...the symbol should be looked at keeping the context of the dream in mind...these are just a few examples of them based on my own experiences.

A lot of times I dream of the interstate. Its usually representing the direction I'm going in life. Most of the time I'm doing my best to get to my dad's house on the interstate and I end up on this highway that goes waaaay high up into the sky and I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. This is symbolic for me doing my best to stay on the right track in life and pleasing my Heavenly Father. Sometimes things get a bit crazy and out of control and I'm unsure if I'm doing the right thing.

The whale or shark lurking is something the enemy is using...something you're afraid will harm you...

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Repetative dreams about hotels, underwater, pools (with sharks/whales!), the interstate...

Post by perchancetodream on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Thank you :D

The thing about the pool makes sense! But a lot of the time the pool is empty...?
Any idea about the diving thing? :)

perchancetodream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 pm

How do you feel when you're doing it?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Could you give an excerpt from the dream when this is occuring?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perchancetodream on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Sure!

Diving dream:
I think this was this Wednesday night...
I flew up really high (like I've said, almost to space), and then turned around and dove through the ground. Then back up, and dove into a body of water. Over and over (like usually). It was really exhilerating...I found it fun :)

The pool dream:
Um, I think the last time I dreamed about this was last month...? I am always exploring a hotel when I find the pool area. It's always indoors, and everything is white, and usually moldy with bad lighting. No one is ever in the pool, and the pool is never extremely deep. I always see a "sleeping" whale or big fish in the deepest corner. I never dare get in it.

A positive pool dream was back in mid-June. The pool was deep, and I was swimming in a competition (and actually enjoying it)... I was swimming really deep, and the only person currently ahead of me was a girl I was swimming underneath (I was watching her above and in front of me). I didn't freak out that she was beating me, because I knew I'd end up winning the competition. It felt good :)

perchancetodream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top