God doesnt always make sense, but His Word is still Truth.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

God doesnt always make sense, but His Word is still Truth.

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:09 pm

God ALWAYS Speaks the Truth, Even if its Not What We Want to Hear.

I have written on this topic before. However, the Lord has brought a scripture to my attention and I felt that I needed to share this.

God will always tell us the truth, He cannot tell a lie. When He gives us prophetic dreams it is always important that we throw our bias aside and seek out the truth in the riddles that are our dreams.

It is important that I post the entire chapter of Genesis 40. It is an easy, and enlightening read. :book:

Genesis 40

The Cupbearer and the Baker

Some time later, the cupbearer and the baker of the king of Egypt offended their master, the king of Egypt. Pharaoh was angry with his two officials, the chief cupbearer and the chief baker, and put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the same prison where Joseph was confined. The captain of the guard assigned them to Joseph, and he attended them.

After they had been in custody for some time, each of the two men—the cupbearer and the baker of the king of Egypt, who were being held in prison—had a dream the same night, and each dream had a meaning of its own.

When Joseph came to them the next morning, he saw that they were dejected. So he asked Pharaoh's officials who were in custody with him in his master's house, "Why are your faces so sad today?"

"We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them."
Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."

So the chief cupbearer told Joseph his dream. He said to him, "In my dream I saw a vine in front of me, and on the vine were three branches. As soon as it budded, it blossomed, and its clusters ripened into grapes. Pharaoh's cup was in my hand, and I took the grapes, squeezed them into Pharaoh's cup and put the cup in his hand."

This is what it means," Joseph said to him. "The three branches are three days. Within three days Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore you to your position, and you will put Pharaoh's cup in his hand, just as you used to do when you were his cupbearer. But when all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison. For I was forcibly carried off from the land of the Hebrews, and even here I have done nothing to deserve being put in a dungeon."

When the chief baker saw that Joseph had given a favorable interpretation, he said to Joseph, "I too had a dream: On my head were three baskets of bread. In the top basket were all kinds of baked goods for Pharaoh, but the birds were eating them out of the basket on my head."

"This is what it means," Joseph said. "The three baskets are three days. Within three days Pharaoh will lift off your head and hang you on a tree. And the birds will eat away your flesh."

Now the third day was Pharaoh's birthday, and he gave a feast for all his officials. He lifted up the heads of the chief cupbearer and the chief baker in the presence of his officials: He restored the chief cupbearer to his position, so that he once again put the cup into Pharaoh's hand, but he hanged the chief baker, just as Joseph had said to them in his interpretation.

God spoke the truth through His servant Joseph to both the cupbearer and the baker, even though one message was favorable and the other was not.

If God speaks and it doesn’t make sense, it’s still truth. God told Sarah she would bear a son in her old age and she laughed! Yet it still happened.
:rocking:
Daniel interpreted a dream for king Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel ch. 4. Can you imagine being informed you were about to lose your kingdom, wealth, and life as a human? What if someone told you God said you would go eat grass like a cow for seven years? Yet king Neb chose not to believe the interpretation and acknowledge God as Most High and everything God said would happen through his servant Daniel came to pass. The things God tells us about our future don’t always make sense, but they are still true.
(click here http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/teaching-equiping-posts-f9/accepting-truth-from-god-t1148.htm for more on Gods truth)

blessings to all of you,

with much love.... kiss huggins

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: God doesnt always make sense, but His Word is still Truth.

Post by Cholette on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Amen, amen and amen again!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Daph!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:21 pm

flower youre welcome! Thanks for reading Cholette! how are you btw?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:26 pm

Thank you Daph, it is so true. As humans we have a tendency to want to only believe the good stuff.... I am glad you talked about this... Blessing, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:58 pm

So true Lori!!!

I'm fine Daph...the Lord gave me another dream to encourage me about the other dream you helped me with regarding the sexual abuse. I'm all better because God has sent the word to HEAL MY SOUL!!!!!!!!

Thanks for asking!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by v3ryan on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 am

I just want to add the comment to the title of this forum: "God doesnt always make sense, but His Word is still Truth."

I believe (not rebuking the title, just want to add) that God always makes perfect sense, it is us who don't understand. God Bless you all. :) :) :)

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:33 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top