Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aemilk

I am scared...

Dear Friends

I feel silly writing this but I guess I need intercessary prayer. I am scared that I am going to marry the wrong man. The reason I feel this way, two years ago I was seriously praying and fasting for God to show me the right man, and I kept seeing my ex in my dreams later he came to me. I refused him, and after I realized what I did I went to him asking him to forgive me. He was quite,and when I tried to speak to him again the conversation didn`t end up well at all.

This year, seeking God I felt Christ answered me about my future husband being him, but a few months have passed and I have heard nothing. Now I just don`t know what to do. I am afraid that I am going to marry the wrong guy especially with Aunts pushing me to getting involved with a catholic guy, b ut I am not feeling the Holy spirit connecting our hearts me and this catholic guy together, and I have gone sincerely to God about him.

Please pray for me, I want to be with that man that God has spoken in our hearts. Please believe me that I have tried to move on, but when I do I feel God placing my ex strongly in the spirit.

Thanks

Aemilk

Praying that God's will be done in your life. Don't let your aunts force you to marry someone. What they are doing is wrong. praying

Hi Aemilk -

Praying for you as well!

I would like to add a couple of comments -

- Whoever God has raised up for you is being prepared as well. As such, if it is indeed your ex then God will use the current gap for your good and will redirect him to you, he will have a change of heart. However, it may require additional confirmations to know that this is His will. It may also be possible that this isn't really God's will for your life - unfortunately, we sometimes see some signs but don't see other signs. Over time, God will show you more. Don't take any actions now, just focus on becoming the woman (and wife) that God has destined you to be.

- Despite what your aunts are doing, it's really ok to be single, there are freedoms and individual growth opportunities that you're able to experience that you can't experience in the same way if you're married or in a relationship. Seek Him and serve Him and all these others things will be worked out by Him. Resist any urge to "help" God in this area - not saying that you are doing that, just saying if you start to feel this, catch yourself!

- Whatever is God's will for your life will leave you with a sense of peace. When you don't have this sense of peace about something, don't act on it nor receive it.

lola21st wrote:
Hi Aemilk -

Praying for you as well!

I would like to add a couple of comments -

- Whoever God has raised up for you is being prepared as well. As such, if it is indeed your ex then God will use the current gap for your good and will redirect him to you, he will have a change of heart. However, it may require additional confirmations to know that this is His will. It may also be possible that this isn't really God's will for your life - unfortunately, we sometimes see some signs but don't see other signs. Over time, God will show you more. Don't take any actions now, just focus on becoming the woman (and wife) that God has destined you to be.

- Despite what your aunts are doing, it's really ok to be single, there are freedoms and individual growth opportunities that you're able to experience that you can't experience in the same way if you're married or in a relationship. Seek Him and serve Him and all these others things will be worked out by Him. Resist any urge to "help" God in this area - not saying that you are doing that, just saying if you start to feel this, catch yourself!

- Whatever is God's will for your life will leave you with a sense of peace. When you don't have this sense of peace about something, don't act on it nor receive it.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. I am realizing that I have to take my anxieties and worries to God. Thank you especially for the direct wisdom as well Lola.

I will be praying frevently for God`s will in my life.

God bless

Aemilk