New Yorkers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Yorkers

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:51 am

What would the City of New York symbolise.

I dreamt that a big group of us (men, women & kids of all races) were prisoners that were going to be executed and were sitting under heavy gaurd (the guards looked quite demonic). Then we were told that all New Yorkers were free to leave. The gaurds were quite angry about this but it seemed like they just had to let us New Yorkers go!!!!

Any thoughts??? IRL, i live in South Africa, never been to New York, know nothing really about New York so i cant quite understand the symbolism of it in my dream or am i missing something...

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Yorkers

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 am

BelovedoftheLord,

New York has the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty is one of our great symbols of freedom and justice. It was originally called "Liberty Enlightening the World." She holds a torch high in her right hand to represent heaven's rays shining all over the world. In her left arm she holds a tablet with the Declaration of Independence on it. The seven spokes of her crown represent the seven seas and seven continents. The broken chain at her feet represents the breaking of tyranny.

When immigrants to America sailed into New York harbor and saw the Statue of Liberty they believed they had come to a better place than the county they had left behind. They thought of opportunity. Opportunities to find new jobs, to make a living, to practice their religion freely. It was very emotional for them. They could have been fleeing from famine, the lack of work or education, not being able to practice their religion freely or a bad government in their home country. They came to American because they wanted freedom to speak, to vote and to practice their religion freely. They sought democracy and acceptance.

The Statue of Liberty reminds us today how our county became great through the efforts of these immigrants, who were "yearning to breathe free." Is it different for us today? We still want what these early travelers wanted. We still want what they came so far to find.

They were looking for equality, no matter what gender or skin color. They looked for better jobs to support their families and send for them if they were forced to stay behind. If Americans today were deprived of the rights to have freedom to think, speak, travel, practice their religion and vote, they would be very angry because American these days sometimes take these things for granted. Some Americans today have still left another country behind, but those who were born here have grown up with these rights for so long that sometime we don't stop to think about them.

I pray this helps for your discernment.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:49 am

Thank you for responding Connie.That is sooo moving.

It really does help with insight as to what i feel the general theme of the dream is about - liberation/freedom. Another question - is there anything about New Yorkers that makes them kinda stand out from the rest of Americans (or the world for that matter)?

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:50 am

New Yorkers have a lot of pride about being from New York. It is one of a few cities in the US (and perhaps even worldwide) where the population has a truly global representation. You'll find someone from every country.

You can also find any interest supported in NY, there are resources available so that you can explore anything under the sun.

People also often look to NY for trends in popular culture - fashion, music, cuisine, etc.

When I think of NY, I think of diversity and creativity.

On the negative side, NY'ers are also sometimes considered too prideful of their NY status (almost arrogant). They also have a reputation for being too direct/aggressive/abrasive but that's a generalization, not everyone is like that....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks Lola for the incredibe insight. Yes indeed in my dream there was even an air of arrogance and/ or aggression about the New Yorkers which made them stand their ground and refuse to be held hostage any longer! :glory:

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 am

At least we New Yorkers fought to get out...

Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top