dream came true only hours later

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dream came true only hours later

Post by Cloud on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 am

i dreamed i was going to be be late and miss the departure time for a day trip the college small group at church was going on

we were going to leave at 4:00 and in the dream, i saw on the clock that it was like 3:40 or 50 something

then in real life, as i was getting ready and looked at the clock, it was like 3:37 so i rushed out of there

i felt like it was the dream coming true because you just never know

and when i got to the church, sure enough, all the other guys were already in the van waiting on me

i didn't miss the trip but i almost did

as far as the trip itself...i had a noticeably crappy time last night

it sucked

so the dream came for what reason?

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dream came true only hours later

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 am

~Cloud,

To insure you made it there on time. Which you did. Late but made it.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:58 am

I know but WHY was it so important that I not be late to this?

I had a crappy time, not a good time.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey, Cloud -

I've had similar experiences where I'll dream of something (sometimes, very insignificant...like a snippet of a conversation, a time on a clock, or even receiving a certain amount in change) and, sure enough, that very scene/event plays out in real-life. Often, it seems like there's no real purpose behind it. Or, it can be (like yours) about a negative experience - say, a line of dialogue that comes up in the middle of an argument (certainly not a pleasant thing).
In those moments, when it seems like there's no real meaning behind it in the first place, I'm usually reminded of one thing: God is all-knowing. They tell me that He knew what was going to happen, pleasant or not, and that He's with me. There's usually not much more significance than that, but that's actually a pretty big deal the more I've thought about it.
Even in these meaningless or negative situations, God's going to show you that He knows where you are and where you will be, and neither are outside of His reach.
I know that this sounds a little "over-spiritualized," but it's true.

Still praying for you, by the way.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:48 pm

good post whiteshadow

i had decent hopes for my involvement with this group

then our 2nd night together(the night of the trip), they just became different people

not that they were overtly mean to me...they were just more distant toward me.

i don't know...i mean i can't be "Best Buds" with every single person in the group or at Church but i have been hoping to with at least SOMEONE

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 am

I have plans for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you.

Not all our dreams come from God, HOWEVER, if it did then his plans are not to harm you. You listened to His warning, you were obedient and you made that trip. Maybe God's showing you that these people are not your friends, maybe you're being nudged to move to a different church (please don't take my word on this....PRAY) Remember, all our own pains and tribulations can be used to help others. bandaid

It could be that Father God wants you to lean on HIM more. Go to Him with all your cares and allow Him the time to minister to your heart.

My heart is breaking for you! Always remember, you are His child and He absolutely LOVES YOU!!
nuture

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 am

I have plans for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you.

wow, you know what's ironic about that?

that's the name of the group....it's called 29:11

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:23 am

How awesome is our God!!!! :praiseg-d:

thewhiteshadow wrote......."In those moments, when it seems like there's no real meaning behind it in the first place, I'm usually reminded of one thing: God is all-knowing."

You may Never know why God wanted you on that bus and that's okay, the important thing is knowing that God's hand is in it! Maybe YOUR presence that night blessed Someone Else? He's clearly guiding you and has you wrapped in His loving arms, just go where He takes you.

Isaiah 41:13
I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you. huggins

it\\'s all good

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyonFire 217 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Old post, I know. But why did you not pray, "God by Your grace and mercy, help me to be on time"? Maybe the guys were cold towards you BECAUSE you were late, which probably could have been prevented had you prayed.

For me, in cases like these, I always pray for the grace and mercy of God. I believe He shows me beforehand just so that I might pray. This gives God plenty opportunity to show Himself strong, merciful, kind and good on my behalf.

LadyonFire 217

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top