Bizarre Church Ritual

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bizarre Church Ritual

Post by v3ryan on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:40 am

Last night I had a dream that I was back in my hometown, and my pastor was there, and my dad, and some people I believe from the congregation, although I didn't recognize them. Anyways, the church had this most bizarre ritual. We would take a gold moulding, and place it in the oven where we would mould these letters of our names, we would then brand the letters on our arms and spell out our names on our arms. Even though the moulding was only 60o, it was still painfully hot. When it came to me, I didn't want to do it. Not because I felt uneasy about it at the time, but it looked painful, so I left my house, because we were in our house, in the kitchen at the time.

I went to this bookstore, and was browsing the bookstore, and was in this magic section, (witchcraft type magic) and I found this book (wasn't sure if it was in that magic section, or just passed it) that explained the origin of that branding as being some sort of North American Aboriginal thing. (Which in reality it isn't) So it made me feel uncomfortable that we were adopting other spiritual beliefs into our Christian doctrine. It was a really bizarre dream.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top