Both dream of wind on the same night?? - MANIFESTED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Both dream of wind on the same night?? - MANIFESTED

Post by Genevieve on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:23 am

Hello, my mom and I were amazed to find out that we both dreamt of wind on the same night. She is not a committed Christian, but I believe God is trying to tell us something, I just don't know what exactly? Any comments would be appreciated!

My Dream: I'm in a huge house and a strong wind is blowing straight through it. I keep getting up and closing the windows and doors to stop it, but this house is huge and it keeps finding ways to come through. I have no particular emotions to the wind or this house.

Mom's Dream: She's looking at a huge tree with no leaves on it. Then she's in a house/big room and theres a strong wind. She is scared and holding herself tightly to protect herslef from the wind/cold.

Before I knew of my mom's dream I was praying about mine and I felt God say that the wind was 'Truth'. I could be wrong, but if it is I don't know why I'd be trying to keep it out? Any ideas please?

Last edited by Genevieve on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added 'Manifested')

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Both dream of wind on the same night?? - MANIFESTED

Post by butterfly on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 pm

I have had dreams about a strong wind, and in my dream a strong wind has represented the word of God being spoken, the power of the bible, God's word. Perhaps it is the same thing with your dream.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 am

Hi Butterfly, that would make sense with me thinking it meant truth. My mom was scared about her dream but I think they are both good.

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 pm

When I dreamt of the wind because it happened so suddenly and unexpectedly it was unsettling so I understand why you felt frightened in your dream. Sometimes God moves in ways we don't expect Flower Power

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 am

I realised how this dream manifested.

Both Dreams were about the way that God way moving in my family and my and my mothers reaction to it.

God had been using me to reach out to my unsaved family, but He was telling me in my dream that it was time for me to take a step back. While I should still pray for them, continuing like I had been would have gotten in the way of what He was doing (The wind would come into the house but I was shutting it out). I had asked my cell group for some prayer and without knowing about dream, someone gave me this exact message, so it was wonderfully confirmed.

My mothers dream helped me to understand how she was feeling during this move of God in our family and allowed me to be more sensitive towards her. She had attended a denominational church in the past and was VERY apprehensive and ready to fight with me about going to a 'Happy Clappy' church as she calls them. But she said to me a few weeks after the dream that she had come to realise that there was a 'life' in this church that had not been in the others she attended and although scary at first, she was now very glad that I had taken her there.

Another awesome bit- God gave my mom and I same theme dreams on the same night TWICE again after this one. In the past she would always seek an interpretation from my aunt who is a fortune teller and interprets using secular/new age dream books. I had urged her not to ask my aunt but this never helped. After we started having similar dreams she stopped asking my aunt and now prays about it or asks me for help. I just love the way God changed her heart and drew her to Him!

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 am

Genevieve -

I only wanted to say: that is just awesome! Praise God for what he's doing in you and your family's life. I was encouraged to read what He's doing as I have a similar situation with my own family.

Sorry for interrupting. :)
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 am

Wow Mark that's awesome! God really cares about our families! I don't know if this is true in your situation, but during this time, I've hardly dreamt things for myself. It's given me a bit of a context for other dreams and shown me just how committed He is to finding every little lost sheep.

I am so glad my story could encourage you. Believe me if I had read it 2 months ago I would not have believed it possible. My mom is the LAST person I would have expected to grab a hold of God like she has! Keep going strong for your family. I pray that God opens doors for you to share. Just love them even when it's hard, be consistent in your faith (they are watching), don't treat them like they wouldn't understand, and be a pillar of strength for them in their time of need. And even if only one member of your family is won at a time that's OK, God has his eyes on the rest :)

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:21 am

This reminds me of how persistence pays off, where you were concerned for your families salvation and God has reached out to your mom. Praise God!!

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 am

What an awesome dream and testimony! God is good! :praiseg-d:

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:13 am

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! Our God is so good!

@Mark. Sorry Mark, I seriously went on a random tangent there. You see why the Lord had to tell me to get out the way lol! Overboard excited sometimes!

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:07 am

HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!

OH I LOVE STORIES LIKE THIS!!! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

These are the kinds of things that God does through dreams that give I love to hear! God glorified through dream! WOOOHOOO!

(Sorry. I'm excitable when it comes to God moving!)

This dream is also a great advertisement for using the bible as your dream dictionary.

John 3

'Youc must be born again. 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:42 am

Awesome dream and testimony to God's work in our lives! Even when we don't see it he is working behind the scenes in our behalf and behalf of our families. This greatly encourages me as I pray for my own family everday.....their salvation and the supernatural work of the Lord in their lives. Thanks for posting this Genevieve.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks Mia and Connie, our God is so good!

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top