Family I cared for needs my help again~LOTS of SHOES?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family I cared for needs my help again~LOTS of SHOES?

Post by Daisy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:38 pm

I used to be a nanny for this family irl for 3 yrs. When I stopped working for them, was when I was pregnant with my second child. They allowed me to bring my 1st child to work with me, which was very generous of them. IRL their children are now to the ages that they do not need childcare~they range from 11 yrs-15yrs old today. I was in charge not only of the children, but managing the whole household...including financial duties. Both parents work A LOT of hours due to their upper management careers.

I had a dream of this family, that they had two additional small children, in addition to their 3 children that are now old enough to take care of themselves while their parents work. They needed my services again! I was happy to oblige. It was so surprising to me that they had more children~since irl I knew they were wanting to be done. Somehow I knew in the dream that the second to youngest child in the dream was a total surprise~not planned, but they decided to try for the youngest so that the other one had a sibling close in age since the others were so much older! I seen that the inside of their home had slipped since I last worked for them, being very cluttered and unorganized! SHOES stand out to me for some reason...seeing lots of shoes. Not sure why, but I felt a bit intimidated by the father in the dream (IRL he never really intimidated me~he was just a big teddybear, but the mother did intimidate me a bit~having a more demanding personality). I think in the dream I felt that the father was disappointed in me for something. (IRL I left on very good terms)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Family I cared for needs my help again~LOTS of SHOES?

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

just my thoughts..

i notice sometimes drms r both symbolic & literal.. First is to see how you feel about the dream? as its pretty straightforward. THey might need your assistance again IRL and you will see that they are really in need of ur help ..
or cud be symbolic to what God is speaking to you about.. Maybe a children 's ministry?
i feell like this dream could have several interpretations...

do u think its literal ?

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:58 pm

I really doubt that it is literal, in the sense of them having anymore children. Though it could be literal that their house/their lives are in disarray, and in need of prayers.

I had posted in the prophetic posts under 'confirmation??' something I was in prayer about concerning being approached to serve in our children's ministry. If you haven't read it yet...check it out and tell me what you think. Im curious to hear your thoughts.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm

In reference to both this dream and my 'confirmation' posting...it is possible (and the thought did cross my mind even before you posted) that these things connect. This is what my thoughts are on that....I am not certain, but I am pretty sure that the pastor who is in charge of our children's ministry (whom I love and respect highly~yet I do feel a bit intimidated by him at times) had asked the 'shepherds' of the children's ministry to approach me concerning the children's ministry position that needed to be filled. The reason why I think this, is these women who approached me were not informed that I had stepped down from my other ministry obligation~yet this other pastor knew I was released of this obligation (both ministries conflict as far as times~so you can't do both). This pastor also knows that I have a strong background working with children (another these women didn't know about me). That being said...I am prob feeling guilty for saying 'no' to this opportunity to serve in this area at this time, even though I know in my heart it is the right decision for my family. Relating this information to the dream, maybe God is possibly showing me how much I don't want to disappoint this pastor that I respect.

(Though I have to be honest with you~I hope that the father of the dream doesn't symbolize our heavenly Father being disappointed in me for declining the opportunity to serve in this area! I do have a great peace about holding off on serving in this area for this moment...that doesn't mean I wont do it eventually.)

Would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this sister! I'm still in the process of discerning this dream right now...and haven't had that AHA moment yet.

Any thoughts appreciated.... :hooray:

Last edited by Daisy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm

well these r just my thoughts,, not holy spirit interpretations...but reading what u wrote above, thnk u interpreted ur dream.

it could mean that the pastor might have been dissapointed... God might be showing u whats going on .. I do believe the Lord will give u Peace when u know u make the right decision..
Personally, I dont think GOds disapointed in U.. esp if in ur heart u want to please the Lord..

so if ur not sure if the decision was right, keep seeking the Lord to show you where He wants to lead u,, He will give u peace

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Amen!!! Thanks sis for your honest thoughts! I am pretty sure, and do have great peace that I made the right decision for the time being (though I always try to stay open if I'm missing it somewhere). I do believe that I will be involved in the children's ministry again, in the right season. I appreciate you taking time to read my posts and to respond. Bless you! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:01 pm

ur welcome.. i belive ur gut instincts is the holy spirit,.,, ur so right.. its all the appointed time.. we are led by the spirit,,even I also at times wonder " was this me ? or did i miss anything from the Lord "... we dont want to miss anything from God, so i totally get how u feel!!

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top