WAS THERE SIN BEFORE GOD CREATED EARTH???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WAS THERE SIN BEFORE GOD CREATED EARTH???

Post by Sirianta on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 am

Hey guys, I have a question which might not be so important. And by this I mean maybe we don't need to know the answer. BUT it's been a while since I thought of this and just thought I'm going to post it here and see if someone has some insight on this.

Satan was first an angel, right? And then he sinned / rebelled against God, right? So, this is interesting, because I thought only we as humans are full of sin nerd Satan was first a heavenly being, sinning while in a heavenly being form, so how could he have sinned if he was an angel??? Does this mean that angels are able to sin?? It doesn't make sense.

Then another question: Satan was an angel and was cast out of heaven with the other angels who followed him. And this must have happened before God created Adam and Eve seeing that the serpent (satan) was in the garden of Eden. So there was sin even before Adam and Eve????? scratching chin

Don't know if any of you also thought about this???

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WAS THERE SIN BEFORE GOD CREATED EARTH???

Post by greyfort on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:35 am

Actually it doesn't mean that it had to have happened before God created Adam and Eve. One thing people don't realize is that we have no idea how long Adam and Eve lived in the garden before they sinned. It could have been thousands of years. Or a month. We don't know. We don't know if Adam's age in the genealogy starts from the fall or from the day of creation (why would they have been keeping track of how old they were if they were never going to die?)

Also to say that Satan was "cast out of Heaven" is a bit of a misnomer - it makes it sound like he can't get into Heaven - he's there now - accusing believers left and right, like he did to Job.

But yes, 1/3 of the angels sinned and fell pretty early on. Thankfully though, God chose to allow redemption for mankind.

greyfort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:58 am

But satan was an angel, right? And so there was right and wrong before Adam and Eve. So God created man in His image and created man good. But satan came and deceived man like he does today.

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greyfort on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:04 am

Yes, Satan was an archangel.
I haven't read it but I keep thinking about the book "There Were 2 Trees in the Garden" - a Messianic Jewish Rabbi I know did several messages using that book. I suspect that it may answer some questions you have.

greyfort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks Greyfort!!! Xxx

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:50 am

Yes there was sin before Adam and Eve. Hense the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Satan was in the tree yes?

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:20 am

Amen Connie!!

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:42 am

I was just listening to a radio show that was talking about satan. I've had this on my mind before and I read something about satan using this to say "even when you go to heaven, you can still sin, just like me" to scare people.
On the radio show they said (the Bible says this) that Lucifer was created to protect (?) the Glory of God.
I don't want to be Able to sin in Heaven! Who were the angels protecting God's glory from?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirianta on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:56 am

Hey Hindsfeet! I know it as that satan in his angel form was created to be the angel of worship, not to protect God's glory. He was the head of worship and was created to worship God. What was discussed on the radio doesn't sound scriptural. God doesn't need protection from anything 'cause God IS.

Love you! Xxx

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 pm

I've been thinking about it and it's prob. not to protect God but others. You're right, God doesn't need protection!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top