Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED

Go down

Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED Empty Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 pm

I had a dream that I was at my mother's house (it was my house in the dream) and my ex lived next door. There was a gathering at his house and the guests were in a line being served but I can't remember if it was food that was being served or something else (I think something else but can't remember what it was). The servers were running low on the item so he and I left to get more of it. We got into my new car - it had two steering wheels and two sets of controls - so while I was in the passenger seat and he was in the driver's seat, it was really me who was driving. We drove over a bridge into an industrial area. He eventually got frustrated and suggested that I drive in the driver's seat but by then we had reached our destination.

We entered this warehouse building - made of white brick (but old and worn) - and inside was like a storage center of clothing, cloth remnants for curtains, machinery, etc. Other people were there as well looking for goods, it was like a huge rummage center on several floors. I found some cloth and clothing and while waiting in a line to try them on I saw a sewing machine. It was an old model - the heavy, professional grade black ones from the 50's but I knew it was solid and would work well in doing the type of sewing that I needed to get done. Now I wanted to meet the owners so that I could negotiate a price with them but they were taking a long time to come up the floors to where we were. My ex asked me how I was going to fit it in my car since it was a sports car and I woke up...

Last edited by lola21st on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED Empty Re: Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED

Post by Genevieve on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 am

Hi Lola, I'm going to try. I don't know if it will be relevant but were you and your ex still together when you had this dream?

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED Empty Re: Sewing Machine - MANIFESTATION POSTED

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 am

Hello! I'd like to try, too. Does this dream relate to a time where you were experiencing a change in an area of ministry? More specifically, prayer/intercession?

-Mark
TheWhiteShadow
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Excellent, thanks genevieve and thewhiteshadow for taking a look at this dream! thumbs

@genevieve - no, my ex and I weren't together when I had the dream.

@thewhiteshadow - yes, I would have to say that there was such a change taking place
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Well, I'll take another swing. What I wanted to say (and it certainly can be wrong!) was:

Was the dream about your involvement in a leadership capacity for a prayer/intercession group at your church? The whole clothing/cloth/sewing theme says "covering" to me - though it might not to you - and that's what makes me think of prayer. The sewing machine that you found could be an outlet for serving in such a capacity, though fitting it into your car is the struggle of how to fit it into your life. Also, the owners could be people that were already in such a capacity, though not as far along spiritually as you were - hence the delay in coming up to your floor.

If I'm way off base, then super! Let me know, it's learn as I go!
-Mark
TheWhiteShadow
TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 pm

These r just my thoughts, but one thing when I first read this that stood out was the two steering wheels. The question came also to my mind if you and your ex were together at the time too. Since you were not~this makes me wonder if there was anyway that he was trying to influence your life at the time...wanting to still have some sort of control over you in some way...or 'thinking' he still did even though he didn't. Was that the case when you had this dream, or am I missing it here? The remnants of cloths made me think of the good things that you could have brought out of this relationship, things that can be 'put together' to work out for the glory of God in your ministry to make something beautiful for Him. Another thing that stands out to me is the waiting period to purchase the sewing machine...were you waiting for something during this time frame of the dream that seemed to be taking forever to fall into place? Am I close on any of this?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Daisy
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi :o)

It is hard without asking how you see your ex now, how you feel about rummage sales... are you buying a sewing machine or doing some kind of industrial sewing, or even do you drive a sports car??

I know that this is a test so I will tell you what I think, given just the dream...

I noted that the house is yours in the dream, but is really your mothers... (does that mean it is your childhood home... I am going to assume so.) according to what I've read about dreams, this then is a dream about the past... Your ex is there and you are driving so it is not childhood, but the past. (Did your ex live next door to you in real life.... I'm going to assume not) I'm going to assume that him being next door is symbolic for you not being together anymore... him being in the dream I believe relates to the way you see him, (ie: a part of his character)

The car ride: I know that this dream has already manifested, so I wonder then if the manifestation of this part of the dream will be that you are in the passenger seat directing the driver who does not know where to go... Someone who gets impatient with you and suggests that you drive. I think this part could be literal and might trigger your memory of the dream.

I think for the most part that that the whole set up of the dream is just a backdrop to get you to the right bookmark... a jumping off place... i think it is about moving on from one life - of "running low" (ie: the supply of whatever is being served is running low) to another life of plenty... with "several floors" of provisions.

You are lining up to try on some clothing and you see the sewing machine... (it strikes me as a tool to create things like the clothing you are waiting to try on... and you state that you are doing sewing in the dream... this then is a tool you need, it is practical and reliable) You are waiting to negotiate with the owners (could this be praying about moving into the new area of ministry?) Your ex reminds you that your life doesn't have room for this. (I have taken the car as a symbol of your life - sports car. Unless you drive a sports car - LOL) I think that in this part, your ex is voicing your own feelings of uncertainty about the change.

I feel like this is just so many guesses, and I haven't actually told you anything of value :o) If you saw rummage sales as horrid places with dirty "used by someone else" clothing for example, then the dream would mean totally different things...

Blessings to you.... I know that I have answered this differently, and thought differently, because I know it is a test... it has been interesting to do this :o) Thanks!!!!

Diane

Grey Butterfly
Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 pm

MANIFESTATION -

The Lord gave me this dream to encourage me. My ex and I were going through a very challenging period and were no longer in a relationship. The dream reflected the fact that God was doing a new thing in me (new car), bringing something new into my life. The dual steering wheels reflect the fact that God was giving me more control in this relationship, there would be more balance. This was the first dream in a series where God was showing me that this relationship would be mended (and it has been mended :praiseg-d: ), which is why it doesn't close to an ending, it's more like the end of a scene vs the end of a story.
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:57 pm

thewhiteshadow wrote:Well, I'll take another swing. What I wanted to say (and it certainly can be wrong!) was:

Was the dream about your involvement in a leadership capacity for a prayer/intercession group at your church? The whole clothing/cloth/sewing theme says "covering" to me - though it might not to you - and that's what makes me think of prayer. The sewing machine that you found could be an outlet for serving in such a capacity, though fitting it into your car is the struggle of how to fit it into your life. Also, the owners could be people that were already in such a capacity, though not as far along spiritually as you were - hence the delay in coming up to your floor.

If I'm way off base, then super! Let me know, it's learn as I go!
-Mark

Exactly, I appreciate your willingness to post, that's the only way that we can learn and grow in our giftings... thumbs

You were close when you spoke of prayer/intercession. During this season, the Lord was revealing a lot of things that were taking place in my ex's life during that time as a call to intercede for him.

What you said about fitting the sewing machine into my car was on target - the sewing machine was the tool that would be used to mend our relationship. The question at that point was how this would fit into my new life. But notice that the dream didn't come to closure, so that was the issue of the moment that I needed to pray about to better understand that. The answer did come in subsequent dreams...
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Daisy wrote:These r just my thoughts, but one thing when I first read this that stood out was the two steering wheels. The question came also to my mind if you and your ex were together at the time too. Since you were not~this makes me wonder if there was anyway that he was trying to influence your life at the time...wanting to still have some sort of control over you in some way...or 'thinking' he still did even though he didn't. Was that the case when you had this dream, or am I missing it here? The remnants of cloths made me think of the good things that you could have brought out of this relationship, things that can be 'put together' to work out for the glory of God in your ministry to make something beautiful for Him. Another thing that stands out to me is the waiting period to purchase the sewing machine...were you waiting for something during this time frame of the dream that seemed to be taking forever to fall into place? Am I close on any of this?

Hi Daisy -

this makes me wonder if there was anyway that he was trying to influence your life at the time...wanting to still have some sort of control over you in some way...or 'thinking' he still did even though he didn't.

What you stated here is spot on. IRL, my ex had abruptly gotten married during a period in which I thought he was making reconciliation overtures towards me (LONG story that I won't go into now). He still wanted to maintain a friendship and I wasn't interested in doing that because I didn't trust his motives and didn't want to end up in an ungodly situation. Right before this dream, he had asked me to join him in a business and I said no and was praying for understanding of what was going on that he didn't want to marry me but still wanted to go into business with me.... :idontgetit: He was indeed still trying to influence my life at the time or, at the very least, he was trying to have a voice in my life.

In the dream he thought he was in control of the car, but I actually had control. The Lord was showing me at the time that in this new direction of my life, He would be working through me to steer the relationship. You know how it is when someoone makes a decision thinking that it was all their own doing when in fact it wasn't? Like when you're playing checkers with a young child and you set up the game through your moves so that they win? They think they won out of their own actions but the path to winning actually was already set by you? The same dynamic was playing out in the dream.

Your comment on the remnants is very true - it was the remnants of friendship that was left of our relationship (those things that we still talked about and had in common which at that time were few) that formed the basis of our new relationship and our love of God was a huge part of that.

And yes, I was in a waiting period but wasn't aware of it at the time. The thing that needed to fall into place was his marriage ending (he was married for less than five months). This wasn't something that I'd hoped for or anything like that but looking back, that's what God was showing me that the marriage wouldn't last and that our friendship would be restored.

Good job! thumbs
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Diane -

I have to run right now but will comment on your interpretation later this evening, ok?
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 am

Sorry for the delay in posting this...

I feel like this is just so many guesses, and I haven't actually told you anything of value :o) If you saw rummage sales as horrid places with dirty "used by someone else" clothing for example, then the dream would mean totally different things...

No worries! There is a learning here for everyone which is that it's important to let people know when you're (“you” meaning in general, not you specifically Diane) sharing thoughts from when you really feel that what you're stating is from the Lord. If this was an unmanifested dream, I would look at the comment above and keep Diane’s comments in the right context because she has stated that they're guesses. Now imagine if I'm new to dreams and new to the site and someone posts things that are guesses but don't label them as such and I receive what was stated....that can quickly become a hot mess in someone's life which is not what we want to do.

The goal of dream interpretation is to help the dreamer understand what God is showing them in their dream, it’s not about being able to say we got the answer (i.e., the dream) right; the focus should be on the dreamer, not on us. We should resist the temptation to interpret a dream when we haven’t really heard from God. It is better to leave a dream uninterpreted and encourage the dreamer to seek God for the interpretation (and pray for them that they get a revelation from God) rather than to leave an interpretation that is incorrect. This is one area where quality is much more important than quantity. If there were 100 dreams posted, it would better to interpret one dream correctly than to “interpret” 99 dreams incorrectly for the sake of leaving something. When the interpretation isn't what God is trying to communicate and when what was communicated has only caused confusion, God is not pleased (but the enemy is). Jeremiah 14 and Jeremiah 23 show how much God abhors false prophecy.

Again, I don’t mean to discourage anyone from sharing thoughts – thoughts can help the dreamer gain an understanding of their dream and thus help them grow in their relationship with God . Just be sure to let the dreamer know that your comments are thoughts.
flower
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm

What a great dream!!! God is SO GOOD to encourage us even through our dreams!!! I loved the example you used with checkers...that really makes a lot of sense! So glad things turned out great in the end! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Daisy
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Fri May 25, 2012 5:57 am

lola21st wrote:I had a dream that I was at my mother's house (it was my house in the dream)

What was the significance of this part of the dream
BelovedoftheLord
BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri May 25, 2012 8:57 am

None, at least not yet. The more important aspect is that the house was set in Jamaica which is a personal symbol for me that lets me know that the dream is spiritual in nature, Jamaica represents my spiritual foundation in dreams...
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Just out of curiosity, did your mother happen to pass down to you your spiritual heritage?

Daisy
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Ok thanks was just wondering coz I hv experienced similar scenarios in which my home appears to be the irl house of my mother. I guEss this would b a personal symbol for me as well which I need to figure out!
BelovedoftheLord
BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri May 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Often that type of symbolism might be dealing with past issues still alive in the present or issues passed on, but that isn't the case this time.

My mother hasn't passed down a spiritual legacy but perhaps a cultural one....
lola21st
lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down