Appointment with a lawyer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Appointment with a lawyer

Post by Genevieve on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 am

Hi, sorry this dream was quite long. I'll add what I think it means. Just wondering if I'm off track? Thanks for reading!

Iíve got an appointment with a lawyer. I drive to the office and arrive 30 min early. Although they see me waiting no-one speaks to me, offers me a seat or at least lets my lawyer know Iím there. I sit for a while and then go for a walk.

I get to a doctorís office. Inside is a little girl confined to her bed. Her mother is speaking to the doctor in another room while her grandmother watches her quietly. Her condition looks serious and I am aware the news is bad. But the little girl immediately notices me and wants to play. She is a delight. We are instant friends. Thereís a maturity and authority in her voice Iím drawn to. I find such joy being with her. Her grandmother smiles to herself like this is something the little girl does all the time. The little girl has blonde hair, short-sighted glasses and the most striking green eyes Iíve ever seen.

The clock above the bed reads 4:35. I must go as I am now 5 minutes late. I explain to her that I canít play anymore but if she is still there later I will come and say hello. I am sad because I think they will be gone. I walk back to the lawyers and all the lights are switched off. OH NO, have I missed my appointment? Surely they knew I was there? A man walks out from a door on the left. He casually shows me to a seat at a small table and tells me to write down the details of any property I own. He asks for someone to get me a cup of tea, walks off and chats to other people there. His back is to me the whole time. (I think I write down a business or a home but decide not to write other property like cars)

Itís gone about 20 min now and Iím annoyed because this is no doubt costing me a fortune. I say ďExcuse me, but if you were just going to get me to write down details, you could have emailed me, I didnít just wait over 45 minutes to see someone and then be treated like this!Ē Finally they look at me. The man says my lawyer will be with me shortly. A woman comes out. She is power dressed and has an attitude. She starts asking me things that I must write down details for, things about my life, and then she has rude remarks and accusations for each of these. I notice my table is getting progressively larger and I am sitting at the head. She and the other people at this firm are on my left throughout the dream. On my right I notice that I have been joined by good praying friends of mine except for one woman I donít know who is mentally challenged.

The Lawyer continues asking things and now even makes snide remarks related to the conversations with my friends. She finally makes remarks about my marriage, something like ďThe poor guy, probably a shotgun wedding and thatís failed no doubt.Ē Now Iíve had enough. I blast her. I defend my marriage and continue to disprove every accusation she has made in detail. She looks more and more sheepish by the minute. Her colleagues are seeing how badly this is being handled by her. They bring a cake and sing happy birthday to me, in an ill attempt at good customer service. Itís inappropriate I think and tell them to put it front of my friend Ruth as it was her birthday recently. In the excitement the woman I donít know wets herself, messing on the chair and a few of our handbags. No-one faults her but she is taken away so she can get cleaned up. I notice the once fearsome lawyer is now totally dishevelled and actually even missing hair now. At some point she gives up and leaves.

My friends and I continue having a good meal. Itís very festive. An older woman appears on the right. She is holding a clipboard and I assume she has been sent by top management to make peace with us. She addresses the group with something about being a professional in her field, an expert on servant hood... bla bla bla... and we will notice itís not even mentioned in the Bible. I interject saying I donít agree. She looks surprised by the interruption but not challenged by it. ďWell give us an exampleĒ she says. I am at a loss for words at first (!?) and then I give her an example of Jesus. She then asks me if my behaviour today was a good example of being a servant.

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appointment with a lawyer

Post by Genevieve on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 am

What I think it means:

The appointment with the lawyer is a conflict/attack (She is an accuser rather than a defender). My accuser is not threatened by me (no-one notices me) I am given a head start (arriving early). I can sit and wait or seek God (wait or go for a walk).

Not sure about the girl. She seems like someone I'm drawn to but for whatever reason she is not able to act (serious condition confines her to her bed).

Still, my enemy/accuser is not threatened by me (casual manner, lights already off, seated at a small table). The attack/conflict pertains to one area (I only write down property although I think of others) and my accuser will try to wear me down (rude comments about my whole life). But God will set a table before me in front of my enemies (the table gets larger and my friends appear). I need to defend myself with the word and keep strong (I give her the what for, seeing each of her lies for what they are). My enemy will eventually get worn out (woman looks terrible and leaves). However someone with me may not be up for this challenge and I must recognise this and be sensitive (the mentally challenged lady who wets herself).

The next lady and her comment also confuse me. I must be firm but keep a servant heart? Not sure? Any comments?

Genevieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top