In the Hospital About to Give Birth - Please INTERPRET

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In the Hospital About to Give Birth - Please INTERPRET

Post by mindilj81 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:59 am

Wow I was WAY off!!!!!! It is very clear, I'm just a dreamer, not an interpreter. LOL

mindilj81

View user profile http://mndjones.scentsy.us

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

MindiLJ -- don't be so hard on yourself. God does not give even an anointed interpreter understanding of all dreams. And sometimes we have the insight for just part of a dream -- just as important. Even the greatest interpreters see just in part.

If you learned something -- good! Add it to your repertoire, but don't let the frustration of the learning process discourage you.

Like all things, interpreting the language of dreams is a learning process, not an overnight success. If you have a desire to hear and understand God better, keep seeking him. I think that is part of this lesson. laugh

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:16 pm

tenderpepper wrote:MindiLJ -- don't be so hard on yourself. God does not give even an anointed interpreter understanding of all dreams. And sometimes we have the insight for just part of a dream -- just as important. Even the greatest interpreters see just in part.

If you learned something -- good! Add it to your repertoire, but don't let the frustration of the learning process discourage you.

Like all things, interpreting the language of dreams is a learning process, not an overnight success. If you have a desire to hear and understand God better, keep seeking him. I think that is part of this lesson. laugh

thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:09 pm

tenderpepper wrote:MindiLJ -- don't be so hard on yourself. God does not give even an anointed interpreter understanding of all dreams. And sometimes we have the insight for just part of a dream -- just as important. Even the greatest interpreters see just in part.

thumbs

We are really meant to interpret our dreams and to help others interpret theirs in light of the situations in their lives.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mindilj81 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. I am a good listener.....to PEOPLE!, but am HORRIBLE at being a good listener to God. He's not very easy to understand. My understanding is WAY too infantile to His Genius understanding. I must keep praying on it, & appreciate anyone else's prayers as well! :)

Thanks again,
Mindi

mindilj81

View user profile http://mndjones.scentsy.us

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:45 pm

lol! daffy ,,,,,,,,,,,, D,,, larfta is best medicene,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 pm

I know what you mean, I still have my moments of not being a good listener (both in terms of hearing what He's saying and listening to what He's saying... bandaid ) Fortunately, He knows that already and His love, patience and faithfulness easily overcomes my shortcomings! :praiseg-d:

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 pm

lola21st wrote: Fortunately, He knows that already and His love, patience and faithfulness easily overcomes my shortcomings! :praiseg-d:

Amen

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi Mia,

I only saw this today... and I saw that it was a "training exercise" I had noted also, when I clicked on the thread, that you were the last to post so I figured that the manifestation would probably be at the end. I wanted to participate however, even if it was just me here doing it and then reading the answer... :o) So I decided not to read beyond your first post to see what everyone else said.... I decided instead to sit an pray first. I really wanted to test myself :o)

I could see the symbols: The baby... something new, something time consuming, something right now. I felt that the Doctor was someone who asked others to leave and give you some space that was needed because of busyness... but not pain.

But, I was feeling a reluctance about all that too... nothing spiritual, it just seemed obvious to me and you had said that everyone would be wrong :o) I figured that it would therefore not be an obvious take on the symbols.

So.... I sat for a bit, and I tried not to grasp at meanings - and just asked Jesus to show me if there was something there, if indeed he wanted me to know at all. I was also asking him if I have a gift of interpreting dreams...

The thing that came to me was Samson's riddle. (The one about the honey in the lion... no-one could interpret the riddle, so they bugged his new bride to ask him and she in turn nagged him till he did, and then she told her family, and they got it right...) Samson was angry because he knew that without the intimate knowledge that his wife possessed, they would never have guessed the riddle.

I figured that God was telling me that he was the only one who could truly interpret dreams, he is the speaker of the meanings... I know that he could tell me, but that I would not be able to discern it without him... I figured that he was saying no to two things: Firstly, I felt that he was telling me that I am not an interpreter of dreams, and secondly that he was saying no, I am not going to tell you what this dream means.

I have seen that next step often, where someone asks the dreamer about feelings and what is going on in life, and I thought that perhaps someone had done that and you had answered... so, I decided to skim down then and just read any of your posts, thinking that if you had given more info, I could continue with the exercise. But of course your next post gave the whole point of the lesson and the manifestation - which I was NEVER going to get and God didn't choose to tell. :o)

I've read the rest of the thread now, (before I began to post this) and feel a bit like I cheated.... although I know I didn't. It is awesome that God chose to give me an illustration of the lesson - not the interpretation of the dream.

I don't know what I would have written had I answered before your second post... :o) and I can't go back and "unknow" the answer... so I guess I didn't really participate. But it was a great lesson and I did learn from it... thanks!!!

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spoken4 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm

AMEN, AMEN, and Did I say...AMEN??!!!!!!

In the past I have gotten stuck with a few symbols that I had accepted as absolutes, but the dream dictionary meanings I had come to accept just did not fit and I had to continue to seek God because I was desperate to know what He was saying. One thing He had me do was never put him in a box. A symbol in one dream may mean one thing and in another dream, the same symbol can actually be a word play that gives a completely different meaning that is applicable to what I am going through, yet had I relied on what it meant the first go 'round I would not have had the blessing of seeing His sense of humor in using a word play for that symbol to relay just what I had been asking him. While they are good to learn and to help build a foundational understanding of how God speaks symbolically, if they are relied on solely, or our own personal knowledge of what a symbol means as an absolute we really would have no need to seek Him for the interpretation.
I agree Mia!! I am very aware that I can miss it and never want to lead another the wrong way through an interpretation that is well put together, but is not what God is saying at all. Seasoned believers I believe may instantly know that its not what God is saying and can trash it and keep seeking. Yet, there are those that are younger that could be led the wrong way by an interpretation that sounds good and possible according to the symbols, and for me, that is a weighty thing.
I think there is something so powerful when we have sought God and He reveals to us the deeper meaning to a dream, especially our own dreams, that would be missed completely by the in the box, methods.

Even If I feel strongly that is what God is saying...I also am very aware that I could miss it and do not know what is going on in the dreamers life. At times others have just given me suggestions and one statement helped me to see the whole picture and how perfectly it could be applied to my life. I think this is why I venture to give suggestions and possibilities that may spark something for them, but am very hesitant in saying thus says the Lord, while doing so. At least not at this stage I am in..lol!
An example of an in the box interp for you.
One of my close friends and I were on the phone one day. She asks to share her dream. Because I knew her situation well. I interpreted it according to what I knew those symbols to mean, as well as how it applied to her situation as I knew it.
We then moved on to talk about other things and after a bit, I heard the Lord say, "You just told her the direct opposite of what that dream actually meant!" Immediately, I told her what God had just said to me. She exclaimed, "Tell me what it means then." I told her to give me a minute...God had not told me what it actually meant yet, only that it was the direct opposite of what I had told her...LOLOL! He then gave me the correct interpretation!! She began squealing on the phone and praising God and then she began to cry tears of Joy. She then told me that no one but her and God knew what she had been crying out to him to do in her home every day that week. The in the box interp would have said the opposite...but the Holy Spirit led interp did just what God intended it to do!! The angels of the Lord were encamping around her home!! God was filling ever nook and cranny with His Presence and ministering angels were released which would greatly distress those that were walking in a spirit that opposed his! This meant they would have to surrender or be removed!(This was the jist of it)!!

I love what you posted and agree it is much more powerful when God gives one personal revelation of what He is speaking! My passion is to see people come to understand what God is speaking to them through their dreams. I think I learn through the process of delving into others dreams and get so excited in the times that God puts the peices together to form a true picture! Its a blessing and a learning tool at the same time!! I pray that we all would think outside the box of what we already know so that we can be a true blessing instead of a hinderance!!

Many Blessings to all!!

spoken4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greyfort on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:22 am

I was reading The Help this weekend.... good book :)

I wish that I had just stopped and read your first post instead of going further though. It would have been an interesting experience.

greyfort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top