about Future Spouse type dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

about Future Spouse type dreams

Post by Cloud on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:12 am

if i have dreamed about my future wife, does that mean she's on the other end dreaming about me?

does it always happen like that?

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: about Future Spouse type dreams

Post by meg2011 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

I am curious about this as well. A friend from church and myself have both had dreams about our future husbands. Any thoughts on this??

meg2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:24 am

i hope so because that would imply my future spouse is a Christian and that's the kind of influence i need while dating someone

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:16 pm

When I had all those dreams about my husband, he had a few about me...but not near as many.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 pm

But he also believed in the importance of dreams...Also I almost scared him away when I told him I was having prophetic dreams about him...so it's good to take caution in that area.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm

well,

all i'm getting at is my future spouse SHOULD be a Christian...and be one ALREADY

i have this fantasy that my future spouse is Messianic Jewish

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:42 pm

That's really neat Cloud :)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meg2011 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:11 pm

The person I have been shown for several years now I actually do know. Like Daph already mentioned...there is no way I would mention the dreams. I don't feel like it is the right time.

meg2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:26 pm

daphanie02 wrote:But he also believed in the importance of dreams...Also I almost scared him away when I told him I was having prophetic dreams about him...so it's good to take caution in that area.

Thanks for the advice and testimony daphanie. I guess we can spend a lot of time involved in dream ministry, and fellowship on this site and see the miracles. But others dont fully understand it, and what you do not understand you fear. I have a big mouth and like to talk a lot, so I guess I need to tame my tongue in this respect and play it cool with women I date

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Cloud Connected wrote:well,

all i'm getting at is my future spouse SHOULD be a Christian...and be one ALREADY

i have this fantasy that my future spouse is Messianic Jewish

I kept dreaming about this Jewish girl I knew, I thought I was meant to marry her. Who knows, maybe she is a secret Christian, because I know one guy who is Jewish but secretly practices Christianity and attends Hillsong church without his family knowing. But as Christians its best to marry a Christian girl who is strong in the faith and a genuine believer. I agree with you Cloud Connected.

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:53 pm

does one HAVE to end up with the person God chooses for them? is there no room for discussion there?

wouldn't God WANT the person i date/marry to be a Believer?

that's my issue right now

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:02 pm

2 Corinthians 6:14, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers..."

This isn't just a command, it's good advice!

Now, I dated a girl toward the end of my senior year of high school who was a Chrisitian while I was not. There is no doubt that she was in disobedience during this time. However, because God is absolutely awesome, I came to know Him in spite of that disobedience. He can certainly redeem any situation. That being said, my situation is definitely the exception, not the rule. Later on, we ended up splitting apart and dating other people - some believers, some not. From personal experience, there is just about nothing that is more difficult, frustrating, or detrimental to your own spiritual health than being in a dating relationship with an unbeliever. Had I believed this truth, I would have saved myself from a lot of pain and spiritual decline.

By the way, 1 Corinthians 7:12-14 states that you should stay with a non-believer only if you are already married.

Long story short: Yes, if you are to date/marry, God wants you to do so with another believer.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Right! Amen whiteshadow! Also, yes you do have a choice...if you meet someone the Lord has for you..you can choose to say no. (I can provide scripture if you like...) But you might really want to consider it because you might be passing up on a blessing.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:47 am

daphanie02 wrote:Right! Amen whiteshadow! Also, yes you do have a choice...if you meet someone the Lord has for you..you can choose to say no. (I can provide scripture if you like...) But you might really want to consider it because you might be passing up on a blessing.

yeah i would like that Scripture

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John7 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 am

thewhiteshadow wrote:2 Corinthians 6:14, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers..."

This isn't just a command, it's good advice!

Now, I dated a girl toward the end of my senior year of high school who was a Chrisitian while I was not. There is no doubt that she was in disobedience during this time. However, because God is absolutely awesome, I came to know Him in spite of that disobedience. He can certainly redeem any situation. That being said, my situation is definitely the exception, not the rule. Later on, we ended up splitting apart and dating other people - some believers, some not. From personal experience, there is just about nothing that is more difficult, frustrating, or detrimental to your own spiritual health than being in a dating relationship with an unbeliever. Had I believed this truth, I would have saved myself from a lot of pain and spiritual decline.

By the way, 1 Corinthians 7:12-14 states that you should stay with a non-believer only if you are already married.

Long story short: Yes, if you are to date/marry, God wants you to do so with another believer.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated

John7
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top