Dreamed a Friend/Pastor died

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreamed a Friend/Pastor died

Post by Freeprincess on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Dream:
My husband and I went to go visit a former pastor of ours because we had an appointment with him. When we got to the house we went in without knocking...it was like in my college days when my husband would go exploring the woods or something. The house was old and delapidated like no one was living in it...that's why I think we just walked in. The paint on the walls was chipping like it had been like that way for a long time.

We were walking around down this hall, up the stairs, etc., looking for him. His kids noticed us and I got scared and wondered if we were going to get in trouble for not knocking. It seems like maybe the oldest went and talked with him (our pastor/friend) and told the others it was alright because then they just acted like it was okay for us to be there. So they seemed to go about their business accepting our presence as we walked around the house looking for him.

At one point his wife walked up to us and asked us if she could help us in a way like "what are you doing in my house--I didn't let you in"...then the kids told her their dad (our pastor/friend) said it was okay. So she went back in the kitchen and accepted us being there. We were sitting in the living room at one point waiting for him to show up while she was in the kitchen. It seemed like we were getting impatient and wondering where he was, maybe even if he was alright, so we started looking for him again.

We went up the stairs--and of course, I had to go to the bathroom--then instead of going back down the stairs, we took another way because we were trying to find him. My husband told me to climb on this huge wooden deck or scaffolding type thing...it seems I had to climb out of a window or something to get on it. It seemed in a way to be a part of the house. But when I climbed on it, it fell over and I was pretty high up- 2 story. As it was falling down I thought I was going to die too, but for some reason the scaffolding came down slow enough I didn't .

Then it seemed like this person wasn't in the house and the kids and family were just letting us be there while they knew something. I sensed and kept wondering if it was what I thought it was. I sensed something tragic had happened, a death. I saw a group of people out on the lawn in the dark having a candle light service and I knew that something tragic happened to him. ~end of dream~

***After I woke up I felt like this was real and really going to happen. I cried off and on for about 2 hours and felt really sobered up about my priorities in relationships. I felt really really concerned for this person. I prayed about it and shared it with this person but who felt it was a really powerful dream for him & his wife. However, I still feel like there is a meaning in it for me.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top