raped in a hotel room

View previous topic View next topic Go down

raped in a hotel room

Post by Deborah on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:12 pm

In real life, I've been staying in a hotel room since Tuesday in a city that's about 4 hours from where I live because my husband had some doctors' appointments in that city. I mention this because I often have strange dreams when I stay at hotels. This morning I woke up about 6:30, but I didn't get up because my husband was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him. Eventually I fell back asleep and I had this dream:

I stood naked in a unfamiliar room. A man I don't know walked in. I hoped he wouldn't notice my nakedness but he did. He reached for me. I tried to scream but I could not. He raped me.

I woke up scared and fought a headache the next several hours.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: raped in a hotel room

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 pm

well to me hotels in dreams symbolizes a temporary stay..
like in transition..
naked to me means being transparent... or vulnerability.. and raped is like being violated...

Im wondering are you afraid someone or people in general might notice your vulnerability? are you afraid someone might hurt you? might be a symbolic dream.. maybe even take advantage of you?

im just thnking here.. just my thoughts i wanted to share

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 pm

You know, I have been feeling very vulnerable lately. My father in law has an annoying habit of pounding on my door early in the morning (he used to just walk in so this is an improvement) and when he's in my presence he almost always says something that hurts me. I've tried talking to him about it. but he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong. My husband has also tried talking to him, but his dad seems to be getting meaner and meaner.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 pm

First, im really sorry that your husband is sick ..

yea sounds like father in law is a bit rude. wow he just would walk into the room? oh Lordy...

well you were in a hotel room, so maybe Lord is saying that this might be a temporary situation? Im sorry ur going through that...
i dont like mean ppl
No one stays in a Hotel permanently..its always for a short period...

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 am

I had the dream in a hotel room, but I'm not sure that was the setting of my dream; it was an unfamiliar place, that's all I know. Thanks for responding to my dream, and yes my father in law would just walk into my house, once he walked into my bedroom. My husband was on a ladder that collapsed March 31 so that's what we've been doctoring.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:29 pm

I had another rape dream last night. A man I know who is a Christian but has a problem with gossip walked into my college dorm room (where I haven't been in 21 years) and raped me. I was scared and ashamed to tell anyone.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 pm

i wonder if the dreams are talking about your emotions and what you are going through and what you had gone through w/ppl.. might be showing you a hidden wound maybe?

also when i see dorm room it represents a temporary place of learning...
b/c dorm rooms are not where u live forever just as hotels.. but its a place u live while u are learning..

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Deborah,

This really concerns me.
Were you in the same hotel room with both dreams?

Thanks,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 pm

No, I dreamed the first one in a hotel room, the next in my bedroom at home. I have received specific instructions from the Holy Spirit for the last year or so that I need to avoid certain areas in my community at night. Where I live, the population is growing quickly and as a consequence there have been more sexual assaults. I choose not to live in fear, but I do believe in heeding warnings.
I'm just not sure if these dreams are warnings of a literal rape threat or something else, a wounding, like you say, Sister in Christ. I know when I lived through a character assasination in 2002 I explained to people it felt like a rape....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 am

Have you ever heard of incubus and succubus? Do you know anything about environmental spiritual cleansing? If not I advice you seek advice from a deliverance minister.

Josephine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:43 am

,,um ther seems a link between the guiy bein a beleava an a gossip ,,, was ther a time bak then that u wer hurt a leader?,, the effects of werds is devestaTING,, ,, altho im sure the feelings in ur drm wer more ,,, r u feeling forced 2 do anything u dont want2, ,, D,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

Deborah wrote:I'm just not sure if these dreams are warnings of a literal rape threat or something else, a wounding, like you say, Sister in Christ. I know when I lived through a character assasination in 2002 I explained to people it felt like a rape....
Last night my husband found the letter that was circulated against us back in 2002 when he was cleaning his shop (and he didn't know about my dream)--the character assasination was done by so-called Christians. I'm pretty sure that's what the dream was about. I felt very ashamed after the letter. I've had some vindication since then, but it was a terrible wounding. Just the other day I was reading in Colossians where it says Jesus makes us blameless and holy and ABOVE reproach and it really ministered to me.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks Deborah,

Collosians 1 is full of blessing and love.

Peace,

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm wondering if I recently had a manifestation of this dream. This was my real-life experience:
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t15555-how-god-protected-me-from-a-creep#85611

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 am

Josephine wrote:Have you ever heard of incubus and succubus? Do you know anything about environmental spiritual cleansing? If not I advice you seek advice from a deliverance minister.

This is the first thing that came to my mind...not in the form of deliverance, but just the fact that you were coming in contact with these spirits. I believe the rape was just a "threat"...not actually something that would take place. The evil spirits motive is to put fear in us.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:22 am

yes D i was thinkin tha same thing, creepy, nerd bandaid

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:44 pm

Sponsored content