An Actress in a Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Actress in a Play

Post by pwilso512 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:21 am

Last night I had a dream that my brother and I were supposed to be in a play. We showed up early to the auditorium where the play was supposed to take place. We sat on the front row in front of the stage waiting with the other actors for instructions, but the director never came to get us. I was getting concerned because people started to arrive to see the play. It was getting closer to curtain call. I looked around for my brother, but he was gone. I guess he went to find out what was going on. His things were still in the chair beside me. I finally just gathered my bag, purse, jacket and my brother's things too. He had chocolates, children's building blocks, and a small cake in his seat. I wasn't sure if all of that belonged to him, but I put it in his bag and went backstage to find out where the director and the rest of the crew was. When I walked backstage, it was like a high school. Some people were in class and some were in the hallway. I saw a door that led back to some more classrooms, but I didn't go through it. I guess I was afraid. I didn't think I could go back in that area. I continued through the hallway and up some steps. I saw a man. He looked right at me as if he knew why I was back there and who I was trying to find. But he never said anything. It was like he was making sure i didn't find who I was trying to find. I then got my cell phone out my pocket (it was wrapped up in some money) and tried to call my brother. But I couldn't get the number to come up. I saw the man again. He looked at me and still said nothing. I walked back toward the auditorium and saw others who were in the play. They were about to go on stage. I asked one of them "what are we supposed to do" because I wasn't dressed for my part. He said, "weren't you listening"? Then they walked out on stage. I looked out into the auditorium and it was packed. My brother walked toward me mad and said that the director replaced us in the play because he couldn't find us. I felt relieved because I really never wanted to be in the play. I was ready to go home. Please help with this one.

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Actress in a Play

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Pwilso, I am wondering if you are currently in something that the Lord does not want you in? Maybe a ministry or something else and you feel somehow that you are going backwards like high school. You are just doing it out of obligation. Sometime when we are in things that are not necessarily bad, but not exactly where God wants us to be, they don't work out. Hence the play and not being able to be in it cause you were replaced and then the feeling of "Oh good did not want to be here anyway". These are just my thoughts... Many blessing to you...

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pwilso512 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Lori, thanks for your thoughts. I kind of feel like what you said is true about me feeling obligated to do something, but really not wanting to do it. I am just clueless of what that something is. I thought it was my career path, but I'm not sure anymore. Then I thought that maybe it has to do with my family since my brother was in my dream. I do feel obligated to help my family (parents and brother) financially eventhough I am struggling myself. I have been dealing with that lately. Or it could be something else. I have to pray on it. Thanks again for your thoughts.

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Your welcome, I had a sense it was about your brother so it could be your family as a whole. The toys your brother left behind made me think of him as being dependent still. And some of this is a feeling or sense of responsibility that you have had since you were young. Yes, please pray and ask the Lord, He knows everything..... and there is something He wants you to be released from, I believe somehow you will be realesed as you were in the dream. Blessings, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top