Amusement Rides? Please share your thoughts!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amusement Rides? Please share your thoughts!

Post by Angelwings on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am

I would love to hear any thoughts as to what an amusement ride, or slide in a dream would represent or symbolize? To me the obvious would be emotions. (i.e a relationship being a "roller coaster ride" of emotions.)

BUT I've had quite a few dreams with rides that resemble a roller coaster, or some other type of ride, but their not the typical kind that you would see IRL.

For example (just to name a few):
1. In one dream I was on a water slide that was inside of a very large hotel and it went through out different floors and hallways of this hotel. Some areas of the slide were dry..without water, some parts broken with debris in the way, and even some areas with really fast raging water. (I've had many dreams about being on a water slide)

2. Another dream I was observing people on a roller coast. Not your typical loopy, up and down coaster. It was very dangerous, hanging off the edge, sharp 90 degree turns and dips, just weird looking...I can't even explain it all.

3. Again, as an observer...I saw people on what looked to be seats from a roller coaster ride, with the bars that come over your shoulders...and the ride was emerged in a giant whirlwind. They couldn't get off.

4. This dream I was at an amusement park and I was on a ride with my children....but we couldn't really see the coarse of the ride. It wasn't until we got off that we saw it and it looked fun. so we tried to go on the rides again but it started to rain and we had to leave.

Scratch Chin

Last edited by Angelwings on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellcheck)

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amusement Rides? Please share your thoughts!

Post by dreamster on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am

Scratch Chin um drm 1 sounds likea snapshot perhaps of an aspect of life 4 u,, or a state of being,, ie; feeling dry,spiritualy junk 2 deal wiv,, :hairraising: an sum tuebulance, :shocking: wow ,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D,,,,,,,sticking 2 the couch,, happy dance

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Angelwings

i've had so many dreams just like yours about roller coasters

the nature of a roller coaster is obvious...wild...unstable motion...up and down.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:36 pm

dreamster wrote: Scratch Chin um drm 1 sounds likea snapshot perhaps of an aspect of life 4 u,, or a state of being,, ie; feeling dry,spiritualy junk 2 deal wiv,, :hairraising: an sum tuebulance, :shocking: wow ,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D,,,,,,,sticking 2 the couch,, happy dance

D... rofl I had this dream probably two years ago....looking back, I think you may be on to something tornado phew...what a crazy ride its been.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Cloud Connected wrote:Angelwings

i've had so many dreams just like yours about roller coasters

the nature of a roller coaster is obvious...wild...unstable motion...up and down.

Exactly Cloud, your right

thats why I related it to emotions. I can see where it applies for me, but not when I am an observer in the dream.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:45 pm

laugh ok,, wings,, hope ur ride ends soon,, bouncing bouncing what what happy dance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D,,,, i think i;ll sit this one out, Flower Power

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:15 am

oh thank u D, but I'm ok now! that was then....this is now.
Its just interesting that my dreams always seem to take me for a ride. rofl laugh

I just have no clue what dream number four is all about. Scratch Chin

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:13 pm

hmmmmmm ok drm4,, sounds like a anticipated event ur planning 4 ,esply 4 u an kids, , but ur not sure how it will turn out,, ,,, but as u go thru an experiance it ,, it goes well , an u want it 2 happen again,, ,, but as u do something happens 2 rain on ur parade as they say, ,, so like a cancelled trip or event u mite hav been hopeing 4,, ,,,i sure kno how that feels,, ,,,,,,,, D,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:23 pm

hmmmm...that sounds interesting, makes sense too. Good Job D!!!

I can't think of anything that would relate. I will have to pray about that and do some thinking. Scratch Chin
thanks

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:08 pm

sweet dreams 2 k,,, keep me postd, laugh ,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:25 am

For example (just to name a few):
1. In one dream I was on a water slide that was inside of a very large hotel and it went through out different floors and hallways of this hotel. Some areas of the slide were dry..without water, some parts broken with debris in the way, and even some areas with really fast raging water. (I've had many dreams about being on a water slide)

-Hotels in my dreams often represent a temporary holding space where I’m resting and being revived/strengthened/prepared by the Lord for the next season or series of events coming in my life. Each room deals with a separate issue that we need to address during this “refreshing”.

-With water slides, each rider is dealt with individually, it’s not like other rides where you ride with another person or with a group of people, so this is a personal experience.

-A water slide to me represents one’s spiritual life. The slide is powered by the water (Holy Spirit). The state of the water slide aligns to the state of your spiritual life. The more water there is, the easier it is to navigate through the slide.

-A water slide is usually the best prescription for a hot, humid day. Water slides usually have their ups and downs like rollercoasters but not quite as extreme, while you do they tend to be more orderly, i.e., no loopdy loops that make you go upside down, inside out, etc. Water slides are fun, exhilarating, refreshing, though sometimes scary and somewhat unnerving because of the unknown – just like our spiritual lives.

-The thing that stands out to me is that the water slide is damaged in places – these may represent those times when you are doing things in your power rather than the power of the Holy Spirit, times when your faith is weak or being tested, and turmoil.

2. Another dream I was observing people on a roller coast. Not your typical loopy, up and down coaster. It was very dangerous, hanging off the edge, sharp 90 degree turns and dips, just weird looking...I can't even explain it all.

3. Again, as an observer...I saw people on what looked to be seats from a roller coaster ride, with the bars that come over your shoulders...and the ride was emerged in a giant whirlwind. They couldn't get off.
I think these two dreams are calls to pray for the people you observed in the dream, whether or not you know them IRL. They are going through a lot of emotional turmoil and dealing with a lot of stressful issues.

4. This dream I was at an amusement park and I was on a ride with my children....but we couldn't really see the coarse of the ride. It wasn't until we got off that we saw it and it looked fun. so we tried to go on the rides again but it started to rain and we had to leave.

When I read this dream the thing that came up in my spirit is that we don’t always get second chances. Thus, we have to enjoy life in the present not knowing what the future holds but trusting that it is good. Jer 29:11 and Romans 8:31

HTH!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 am

-A water slide to me represents one’s spiritual life. The slide is powered by the water (Holy Spirit). The state of the water slide aligns to the state of your spiritual life. The more water there is, the easier it is to navigate through the slide.

First of all...thank you...this is great!

I did have this dream during a time where there was a lot going on in my spiritual life. I'll have to go back to my journal and read this dream because the part with the raging water was not a scary thing. It was actually refreshing and was pushing me through some tight spots on the slide. PTL And in the dream I was passing by different rooms that were showing me different things.

I agree with what you say about my dreams where I'm an observer...I felt led to pray at the time I had those dreams. again, I need to read those dreams again....possibly post because I had those dreams a long time ago.

When I read this dream the thing that came up in my spirit is that we don’t always get second chances. Thus, we have to enjoy life in the present not knowing what the future holds but trusting that it is good. Jer 29:11 and Romans 8:31

I agree with you on this!! I was just reading jeremiah 29:11 yesterday as I was praying about this dream. I feel that the Lord is telling me to enjoy the time I have with them now as well. And I'll tell you why. They are with me 24/7 right now and it gets so stressful sometimes because I also work full time while their in my care. No matter what I have to do...they are with me. Its just the way it has to be right now. I juggle a lot of things and at the same time I am constantly trying to make THEIR time with me enjoyable. I try to keep a schedule so that everything is not so chaotic....but sometimes I wonder "WHY ME" lol....its just a lot to handle sometimes. but the minute their not with me....I'm just the saddest mommy. lol
Anyway, thanks...this really does help.

thanks for the discussion everyone.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:49 pm

big hug 2 you\\'re welcome! ,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D,,,, safe by hotdog stand,, :donut: :laughing:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Ok so after looking through my journals I realized I had two similar dreams about water slides. One dream was short and parts of the slide had debris of some sort, or broken parts but there was water pushing me past it all.
another dream with a water slide I actually posted on here last year but it didn't receive any responses.

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t8560-hotel-water-slide-and-a-dentist-chair

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:30 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top