Not really sleep, but couldn't move or speak

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not really sleep, but couldn't move or speak

Post by pwilso512 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:20 am

Two nights ago, I woke up from a dream I could not remember. Or at least I thought I woke up. But I couldn't open my eyes all the way. I couldn't move or talk. I felt like someone was standing over me watching me struggle to move and talk. I felt a pressure on my body like someone was holding me down. I was trying to yell "Jesus", but I couldn't talk. I finally felt a release and opened my eyes to look around, and no one was there. I fell back asleep. When I woke up again (or at least I thought I woke up) the same thing happened. I couldn't move, speak, or open my eyes all the way. I felt the same pressure of someone holding me down and the presence of someone standing over me. With my eyes cracked a little, I could see a hand (shadow like) appear on the right side of my face. It was holding up the "ok" sign. Then I felt the release again. What is that? Is it a demonic attack? It felt evil to me. Or was I just dreaming? I was awake though, I think. I could hear the tv , it was really on. This is not the first time this has happened to me. Is it a dream? But I was awake, I think.

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not really sleep, but couldn't move or speak

Post by angelwingz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:48 am

You are NOT alone...this has happened to me as well. For me it was a spiritual attack from the enemy, I was pinned, i couldn't yell for Jesus or move my arms or legs. I fell back to sleep 3 times, it woke me up, it actually felt like something was trying to magetically ? pop(snap) or click my soul from my chest. After that it was a season of MAJOR growth for me. I hope this helps. My mother experienced the same thing only she heard growling and snarling with it, Thank God above i did not! :) Heres my thought, you are about to get really close/closer to God. Just my thought :) God Bless you! God guide and protect you in Jesus Name! Amen.

angelwingz

View user profile http://heavenlyrevelations.spruz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by afterhisheart on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:35 am

I have heard of this happening as well from a pastor. This happened to him and his son. My husband heard growling a few weeks ago. Since then, he has become more open to receiving dreams and visions and he led someone to Christ...so I agree with angelwingz.

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pwilso512 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 am

Thanks angelwingz and afterhisheart. At least I'm not alone. I'm glad I didn't hear any growling. THANK GOD!!!!!!
:PTL:

pwilso512

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:31 am

LOL I hear ya.....i would've flipped my noggin had i heard growling! flower

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:11 pm

http://www.miasherwood.com/theme_demons.html

I have been there too!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Happens to me too, hate it!!!

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:09 pm

yes, this used to happen to me when I was in college....I experienced it again for the first time about two months ago...ooh, I hate it too!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14 pm

WOW. That is AMAZING. You know what is amazing??? I have not heard of a non-christian to whom it happens to. Have any of you?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Mia, It never happened to me until I got saved! One time we went to another town to Interceed and pray over the city and to minister to people. One night while I was sleeping, I will never forget this as long as I live. I was feeling pushed down and muzzeled. There was two spirits holding me down, I could see them one was holding my feet and the other was holding my mougth and head. I heard them say, we are going to bind them like they bound us. I screamed tried to scream out Jesus serveral time till finally I broke free and they were gone. It was so real, I had to get up and do warfare!!
I truly was terrified! Hate to admit it, but so true... soldier

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Yes, Mia... When I was thinking about giving my life over to God (under a heavy conviction) I was attacked 3 times while living a sinful life, And I have been attacked several times since then. It's the enemy's way of trying to stop God's handy-work, you just don't hear of it that often. Each time these attacks took place I was lying upon my bed in a twilight zone (not asleep, not awake.) I think people don't talk about it out of fear of sounding crazy. But, I'm sure glad it is spoken here. Which leads me to this question, How come the enemy won't attack us while were wide awake? I think he's a coward.

Halo :hitme:

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:29 am

Ha ha you got that right Halo - when i was attacked i was awakened by it, i was laying on my back , pinned, 3 times it happened that night, when i prayed to God because there was a part of my room that felt heavy to me (bad vibes too) i asked Father God in Jesus name to bless my room and i felt the room get lighter......talk about monsters in the closet!!! After this happened to me it was a HUGE season of growth and i became even closer to God. It never happened to me when i was not a christian though - never.

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:03 am

I have never had that happen to me personally during my sleeping hours...... :PTL: but my husband has had that happen several times. It is a spirit.

Before going to sleep pray this:

In Jesus name, I cover my self and all my property with the Blood of Jesus. I take authority over all demons of the night, bad dream and nightmares and I comand them to stay away. I ask for Giant Warrior angels to protect me and my property and my family as I sleep.

In Jesus name, Amen

I pray this is of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie
:cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:24 am

See Halo, like I wrote on the link above it was always with me whenever I was at a point of going to the Lord or going up higher in the Lord. It was directly related to God.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:26 am

The theme of demons in dreams goes beyond simple
symbols into the actual manifestation of demonic attack
while sleeping.

A major phenomenon experienced all over the world with
respect to demonic manifestation is referred to by the
scientific community in our culture as "sleep paralysis".

Sleep paralysis is defined by Wikipedia as:

Sleep paralysis is a common condition characterized by
transient partial or total paralysis of skeletal muscles and
areflexia that occurs upon awakening from sleep or less
often while falling asleep. Stimuli such as touch or sound
may terminate the episode, which usually has a duration of
seconds to minutes

Physiologically, it is closely related to the paralysis that
occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement)
sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis
occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the
bodily paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully
conscious, but unable to move. In addition, the state may
be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic
or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger [3]. Sleep
paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to
the vividness of such hallucinations[4].

In layman's terms, sleep paralysis feels as though you are
being held down or sat on, completely unable to move,
speak, or see but are totally conscious of your
surroundings in spite of the inability to see or move.

As a bible believing Christian, and one who has
experienced this phenomenon personally, I am certain
there is a spiritual explanation for it. In my experience, in
addition to the sleep paralysis, simultaneously present is a
thick tangible manifestation of demonic spirits. Some
people see them, others do not.

Many people have written in for an interpretation to this
experience as though it were a dream or a vision asking
what the meaning is or how to stop the dreams from
recurring.

The aforementioned experience is not a dream or a vision
it is reality. It is a demonic attack on a person while they
are asleep.

Biblically, the devil was able to physically take Jesus to a
high place, a messenger of Satan was sent to buffet Paul,
and there was demonic power which prevented Paul from
achieving missionary goals that he would have liked to
achieve thus establishing a biblical basis for a real present
enemy who still has power available to him even if he has
lost his authority.

Very often the manifestation of these attacks is commonly after the person attacked has made a decision to follow the Lord, when they have renewed their faith, or when they have made a decision to go deeper in the things of God. It is as though the spirit responsible for the attack is trying to prevent the spiritual advancement of the individual involved.

At this point, the natural question is, how do you prevent it and/or rebuke it? Calling on the name of the Lord is effective in the midst of such an attack. If you cannot use your mouth to do so, using your heart to call out His name is equally, if not more, effective. When I have experienced this manifestation in the past, calling on the name of the Lord with all of my heart, when my voice wouldn't work, not only halted the attack immediately but the spirit literally fled, instantly leaving the atmosphere in my bedroom so completely pure and devoid of spiritual clutter that it was remarkable.

Preventing another attack I have found the most effective way to prevent a future attack is to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and/or have a fervently effectual praying person pray for your deliverance. After having my former pastor pray over me, I have not had another manifestation. Can it happen to a spirit filled, born again Christian? Yes. Although others have, I had never had this event happen to me before I was spirit filled and born again, only after.

Remember this manifestation is outside of your body, it is not a demon ossessing you from the inside of your body. As much as a demon can responsible for sickness and illness, they are also responsible for "sleep paralysis".

Last edited by Mia on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:38 am

Mia,

:HiBye:! Very nice explanation. :thankyou: . I am not good at explaining. I like you agree that calling on the name of the Lord in your sleep is very effective when we call on Him with all our heart. Anointing with oil and the laying of hands and prayer praying of deliverance is essential.

By the way good to see you,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:43 am

Thank you very much. Good to see you too, Connie.

Amen. I do agree that prayer is the only answer! For me calling on Him was enough. The Name of the Lord is the ONLY thing that works for there is POWER in the Name!!!! GLORY!

Love Ya!

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:46 am

I had an experience like that before where i was half asleep and i couldnt wake up. i was very aware of a female presence in the room and i could see her in my minds eye. She was wearing a white night gown and she had black hair. she HATED me she wouldnt stop looking down at me telling me how much she hated me. I knew the only way to fight it was to call on the Lord. The presence grew so strong that when i finally was able to move and open my eyes, i could still feel her there. I said outoud that nothing she said to me was going to bother me because I am a daughter of God and He is my shelter and protector. I told her to leave in the name of Jesus and never come back. then I lie back down and acted like she'd never been there. I've found if you dwell on what happens, it opens the door to fear and they just keep coming back. Trusting God is the best thing for situations like this. You did the right thing.

blessings,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:55 am

Amen, Daph and Mia and Connie.... Blessings..

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Beautiful, Just Beautiful!!!! I agree. This is good stuff, I sure hope everyone reads this! It is a teaching tool. Once the blood has been applied , the enemy can't cross the the blood line, but however he sure can try. In my case I had people praying for me at that time in my life ( for protection) the Lord answered their prayers concerning me, The feverant prayers of a rightous man availeth much...Amen. I feel like the information contained here in has opened doors for many, it is weighty,valuable and is better than gold!!!!! As I was reading this, I was saying out loud--"PREACH IT GIRL, PREACH IT!!!!! :clap: :thankyou: Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelwingz on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:45 pm

EXACTLY!!!!!

angelwingz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Dove-Solutions wrote:Mia,

:HiBye:! Very nice explanation. :thankyou: . I am not good at explaining. I like you agree that calling on the name of the Lord in your sleep is very effective when we call on Him with all our heart. Anointing with oil and the laying of hands and prayer praying of deliverance is essential.

By the way good to see you,

Connie :cmere:

You ARE good at explaining! I just happened to have that all neatly typed up on the website, so I had an advantage!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:08 pm

LOL you are too funny Mia.... lol!

I just love you to death... huggins

Stay blessed!

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:56 pm

I have had this happen several times as well. I couldn't move, I couldn't cry out...I was calling on the name of Jesus, and a hand covered my mouth. Finally, I began to cry out, Jesus, save your servant!!! And the spirit crawled off of me and out of the house. That's what I am going through now. A spirit is following me, and I need ya'll to pray to bind that spirit. He is very strong, and is like in the heavenlies. I have been struggling with him for three months. Three long, painful, praying every second months. Help me please, Daphne, Jeanie, Mia. I do not want to fail in my faith.

Last edited by marykmath2 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gail Neal on Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:51 am

I agree with you Mia, I have had this happen to me several times and this was each time I was pushing through harder and higher. This is the advice I received from the Holy Spirit....

Dont ever be scared, because if you are the demon spirits feed off your fear, they are cunning and know when you are yelling from false bravado. If you cannot open your mouth to call on the name of the Lord, call on Him with your mind, He hears you when ever you call. Once you get your voice back apply the Blood of Jesus on yourself first of all, and then command the demonic spirits to leave in the name of Jesus....

It is amazing how our Lord works, once you call on Him with your mind, you will actually see the white or purple blue mist start forming above you and releasing the hold of the demonic - be alert and notice. The first few times it happened to me I was terrified and forgot to notice (I see in the Spirit), after it happened to me one too many times, I overcame my fear enough to start noticing the mist, also the Holy Spirit will talk you through it.

During one of these conversations I was told by the Holy Spirit to understand Joshua 1:9 Be strong and of good courage, be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go... The general response after an incident like this is for us to be disappointed in our human weakness and fraility, when we think back we are disappointed that at that time we were not strong like the Lion of Judah we all aspire to be... however the Lord does not want us to be dismayed because we grieve his beautiful and magnificent Holy Spirit when we do so...

Just keep talking to the Lord and the Holy Spirit will keep building up your boldness...

Please also do what Mia said, apply the Precious and Holy Blood of Jesus over yourself, your family and your home before you fall asleep at night...

Hope this helps you - be strong precious child of God

Gail

Gail Neal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top