Flash flood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flash flood

Post by Macleod on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 am

While falling asleep, I saw a flash of brown turbulent water rushing down a street sweeping away motorcycles. I was standing to the side, I think I was waiting at a bus with a friend. I heard a voice "are you noticing all this" woke up and quickly wrote it down.

IRL I was supposed to be catching a bus the following day with this friend but as it turned out, my husband convinced us to take a taxi.

What could this dream have meant?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flash flood

Post by butterfly on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 am

Apparently there are things going on or happening that you need to pay closer attention to. When one thinks of a normal flood, it can be dangerous, it can sweep away things and people. When I have dreams about floods or other disasters I try to think of all possibilities, could it be a literal flood or a symbolic flood. If it is a symbolic flood it could indicate something happening or going by that is problematic, or dangerous as the case may be.

I believe that your husband convincing you to take a taxi is related to the dream. When one thinks of a bus, a bus carries people from all walks of life to the direction they want to go in, perhaps God may be saying not to follow the crowd or not to go in the same direction everybody is going in, but to be set apart for him. Or your dream may also mean as well to avoid taking the bus as transportation until God gives you the green light.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:36 pm

butterfly wrote:Apparently there are things going on or happening that you need to pay closer attention to. When one thinks of a normal flood, it can be dangerous, it can sweep away things and people. When I have dreams about floods or other disasters I try to think of all possibilities, could it be a literal flood or a symbolic flood. If it is a symbolic flood it could indicate something happening or going by that is problematic, or dangerous as the case may be.

I believe that your husband convincing you to take a taxi is related to the dream. .

The friend who I was supposed to be taking the bus with, our friendship's been strained recently. She's a wonderful woman and I absolutely love her but she's really hurt me and I don't want to confront her about it in fear of only making things worse as she has a very strong and defensive personality so I rather speak to our Father about it. I hadn't been looking forward to the hour long bus journey with her. The bus timetable meant we had to spend the day in the city and get the evening ferry back to our island but the taxi journey meant we could get the very next ferry that morning and be home by lunch time. When my husband phoned that morning and realised we had arrived in the city in time to make the journey to get on morning ferry, he suggested the taxi. Usually I would have loved to have spent the day in the city shopping but I had been feeling a little uneasy all morning on our way up to the city so I didn't hesitate. Once he suggested it, within 10 min, we were in taxi and on the road.

That day and ever since, I've felt there was a reason for getting the taxi rather than the bus. By doing this, could we have avoided a problematic situation between my friend and I? Am I being to literal? thinking

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:18 am

I don't think you are being too literal. Whenever I have dreams I like to look at all possibilities. In my experience though some dreams that I have had it has taken me sometimes months or even longer to get the full understanding while some dreams have only taken me a short time to understand. Ensure to pray and ask Jesus Christ for understanding. I would say though that you should forgive her, I know it is very hard to, because I have been hurt many times by people, but it is what God wants us to do. I don't know if you should confront her or not about it, sometimes though when people can't get along it is best for them to go their own way. I am reminded of Abraham and Lot in Genesis 13.

Genesis 13

[1] And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.
[2] And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
[3] And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai;
[4] Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.
[5] And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.
[6] And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.
[7] And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.
[8] And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.
[9] Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

Notice in verse 7-9 that there was conflict between Abraham herdsmen and Lot and in order to keep peace Abraham suggested they go their own way. I am not saying that you should definitely leave your friend, but if it is a regular occurrence where she says hurtful things and you are not happy in your friendship you may need to go your own separate way. Pray about your friendship and see if that friendship is something that God wants for you.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Butterfly,
Yes I've been praying over our friendship and I KNOW father is listening. I think (and always have felt) that we're meant to be in each others lives. We always seem to assist one another through life, it's quite spectacular and when she hurts me, she comes back and I'm there for her as she is for me when I need her. It's been like this for 17yrs. My family ask why I let her treat me that way but I understand that we're complete opposites and I think I understand her. I love her and don't hold anything against her, I fully accept her for who she is, however, she's noticed that I'm ever so gradually moving away from her. I invited her to church with me a week after I started attending. My walk was difficult! It took 3 days for her from not feeling anything to being converted whereas for me, I fought it, I didn't understand what was happening to me, my walk was difficult as I was in the midst of wanting a divorce and all of a sudden EVERYTHING was different! God restored my love for my husband but she wasn't there for me then or through my struggles of self condemnation and guilt. I didn't mind this as God was opening doors for me with mature Christians but this pushed her away, maybe it hurt her? I constantly walk on egg shells around her so as not to upset her. I hug her constantly and tell her how wonderful she is but don't want a confrontation just in case she says I went to others instead of her (when in fact, it was God opening these doors to people who I think play an important role in my walk) and I end up stupidly pointing out that she wasn't there for me.

So I wonder if God was telling me that if we did get on the bus together (basically, we've not had a one to one conversation without there being others in our company for a long time), just to be warned, there could be troubled waters?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:03 pm

This is my opinion not an interpretation. Based on what you have said it seems as if it is best to separate from that friend permanently. I say that because she treats you in a way that is not right as your family has stated, you have every right to be treated properly and with respect, she seems overly demanding, and the mere fact that you constantly have to walk on egg shells around her says a lot. It is not a friendship of mutual respect, peace and love, I know that you have been friends for 17 years and it is painful, but at times you have to move on from people. I have had situations of people not treating me right and I have had to make the decision to move on because I was constantly being hurt by these people. A true friendship should be one filled with peace, comfortable, at times you may have disagreements but there should be a deep peace about that friendship.

You being friends with her seems to be affecting you negatively, perhaps even in your spiritual life.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 am

You have a point there!!!

Solomon wrote...."a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak"

Will keep praying for the Lords guidance in this relationship bandaid

thank you

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:51 pm

You're welcome Macleod. May God Bless You And Keep You Always nuture

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile